Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

I wanted to scream for joy when this was announced, but I remembered it was 7:30 in the morning. I don't even care it's on a new console. I'm making it a personnal goal to buy a Wii U the day this game comes out, if not before.

I find it funny that nintendo essentially jacked one of the most hardcore IPs around and people are still pissed.

It's mainly because it's only getting released on the one console no Bayonetta fan expected it on. Everyone expected this to be multiplatorm considering Sega's push to get Bayo 1 on the PS3 when it was a 360 exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Loved the hell out of the fist game. Had no intentions of buying a Wii U anytime soon. TO HELL WITH THAT. Buying this day one, no question. Just glad the game is getting made period, no matter which console it's on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except if Nintendo didn't pump money into this game we'd all be sitting around wondering why there is never going to be a Bayonetta sequel. This is the better alternative by far.

• Thumbs Up 9

Pester Kamiya enough about the project or ask him not-so-straightly and he would probably spill the beans.

Platinum are pretty open about their works as was proved with Kojima's MGR documentary as well.

Kamiya's twitter: "Use your brain/Go ask your mom."

• Thumbs Up 1

Except if Nintendo didn't pump money into this game we'd all be sitting around wondering why there is never going to be a Bayonetta sequel. This is the better alternative by far.

Eh. I rather have no sequel then to force myself to get $300+ to purchase this game. This is absolutely a dream come true for Nintendo fans, but for others? A nightmare.

I just have mixed feelings here. I am excited but at the same time annoyed. I'll have to wait for a price drop before I'll get my hands on Wii U.

You know whats going to be strange.

Potentially, this game could sell more units than the original's opening weekend did... why?

Because Nintendo will be marketting it, not Sega.

Though what I do wonder, will it get an epic collectors edition? Last time we got artbooks, OST's at no extra cost, then there was the Scarborough Fair pistole which is one of the best pre-order bonus' I own. But... do nintendo really do 'pre-order' stuff like this? I can't think of many/any nintendo games that have had epic pre-order content.

And it's incredible to think, despite years of people telling Sega we want this game, and the outcry (both good and bad) from the Wii-U's announcement, I don't think Sega will learn much of anything from this, oh yes whilst Platinum made the game, Sega just don't do anything when it comes to pre-release support. It's not like Sega havn't done the same to their own games or stopped supporting said titles because they thought there was no interest (Binary domain *shakes fist*).

erm... just a thought... Anarchy Reigns... the Bayonetta DLC, could that be at risk now when the EU release comes?

• Thumbs Up 1

erm... just a thought... Anarchy Reigns... the Bayonetta DLC, could that be at risk now when the EU release comes?

I was thinking about that earlier. I wonder if the game itself won't even release to the west. Though if it did, I'd be sad if Bayonetta wasn't offered simply because she is no longer relevant to 360/PS3 owners.

Even beyond the excellent news that Bayonetta is getting a sequel (and...I should really buy Bayonetta instead of playing the demo for the millionth time), this takes me back to when someone from Platinum Games was pretty much begging Nintendo to let them make a Star Fox game.

If the Big N and PG are getting nice and cozy with this game...well, something as crazy as this happened, maybe we can get a Platinum Games co-developed Star Fox title. Sah-weet.

EDIT: It was a couple years ago, so I'll back myself up with a link in case anyone forgot.

http://www.destructoid.com/platinum-games-wants-to-make-star-fox-at-gunpoint-171419.phtml

Edited by Mykonos

Eh. I rather have no sequel then to force myself to get $300+ to purchase this game.

emot-stare.gif

This is absolutely a dream come true for Nintendo fans, but for others? A nightmare.

On the subject of "Nintendo fans" I find equally as hilarisad as the raging assholes that there's... "people" championing this announcement as a super huge deal because EXCLUSIVE rather than because motherfucking Bayonetta 2.

Of course, it'd be hard for them to do the latter in any sort of honest capacity since they missed out on the first by being dumbfuck fanboys.

SEGA owns Bayonetta and they can put her wherever they please. Like, they could right now announce Bayonetta 3 and a Jeanne portable spinoff if they wanted.

But they won't because they're SEGA. Here, have some more football manager instead.

emot-stare.gif

Yeah I'm crazy right? Throwing $300 just to play one game. (And no, so far no other announced Wii U game interests me, except a small whiff of NSMBU and Legends).

Well Sega still wins with this game, since the franchise belongs to them,and without having to advertise it. They must be partying right now.tongue.png

But I do hope they support the franchise more in the future. And continue publishing games from platinum studios, because their games are awesome and with a little good advertisement they could really sell well and we get quality games. It's a win win situation, Sega only needs to play this good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm crazy right? Throwing $300 just to play one game. (And no, so far no other announced Wii U game interests me, except a small whiff of NSMBU and Legends).

Well, it'll get cheaper while you wait for the interesting games to come out. And even if nothing did, at least in the distant future you'd be able to pick one used console up for 50 bux and Bayo 2 for 10.

As opposed to not being able to get your witch time fix ever if it wasn't made.

Dude, the SEGA Forums have tons of people already saying that the game is going to fail and it will end up being ported to 360.

...By Nintendo

why

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Well if they can't afford the Wii U, it will be very upsetting for them to not play the sequel especially if they are Bayonetta fans. So yeah I feel for those who sort of wished this exclusive sequel didn't happen and perhaps wait longer for a multiplatform sequel.

You got to understand that there are people in this world that just got a PS3/360 this year because these consoles are finally affordable for them. Second/Third world countries have to fork more cash than us Americans to purchase a PS3/360.

Imagine Sonic's next HD main game adventure becomes a Sony exclusive because Sega and Sony struck a deal with publishing. Yep, that's how these people feel.

So it's okay for these people to make death threats and harass the companies cause it's not on a console they want? Sorry but it's hard for me to feel for sorry for them when they start acting like that.

• Thumbs Up 3