Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

Hoggys2much is gonna cum oceans at this news. And then get blue balls at the fact that it's nintendo exclusive.

Never played the first one but looks really over the top. I may get this one.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hell yeah! This gives me reason to buy a Wii-U! But I am concerned about one thing: How do you improve on near perfection? Most of us will argue that the original Bayonetta was a incredible action game, and anything other then absolutely amazing will feel like a disappointing sequel to the original. This game really has huge shoes to fill.

Other then that, hell yeah can't wait!

Edited by Zero

Damn it I fucking almost jumped up and down at this news.

Fucking yes! And here I was just the other day thinking how we'd probably never get a sequel!

^^^ If the image won't display above:

...aaaaaaaaaaaand that's my new desktop background.

God this game. We haven't seen shit, and I want it so much.

Edited by Pinkamina

I was watching the Nintendo US stream when they started talking about Platinum...I was expecting a new trailer for P-100 (now The Wonderful 101), and then I see the bullets flying and I'm like "wait...no...it can't be..." BUT IT IS! I literally gasped in surprise so loudly it woke up my roommate. I told him why, and he freaked out as well. Nintendo did good by saving this game from death, it has earned an extreme cult status, and has a high reputation amongst the core gamers, I think this could really sell a lot of Wii U's, I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it, I doubt it even makes launch window.

People need to stop thinking that the game was dead or cancelled, as Aki-At over in the SEGAbits forums pointed out, the game sold amazingly well for SEGA and the president at the time even spoke of making the game a series.

http://www.segabits....06.msg45914#new

Bayonetta sold over 900k in it's first three months on sale in Europe and US. It sold 300k in Japan (Obviously that figure comes from Sept 09 - Dec 09) there is no way at 1.2 million SEGA would not be happy with the sales, especially as Vanquish had a target of over a million and both Bayonetta and Vanquish had similar budgets from the looks of it.

Also here is the interview where Hayes went and said he wanted to make Bayonetta into a series

http://www.thetanook...alpha-protocol/

He speaks about Alpha Protocol too, but we know what happened there. This interview came a while after Bayonetta was released so good indication that SEGA had plans on making a Bayonetta 2 already.

It could very well be a case of Nintendo buying the exclusive rights from SEGA to rope in more hardcore gamers and that the game very well could have released to all platforms.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I thought Platinum Games had a 3 game deal with SEGA? Which is why some people were assuming Bayonetta 2 might not happen.

People need to stop thinking that the game was dead or cancelled, as Aki-At over in the SEGAbits forums pointed out, the game sold amazingly well for SEGA and the president at the time even spoke of making the game a series.

It could very well be a case of Nintendo buying the exclusive rights from SEGA to rope in more hardcore gamers and that the game very well could have released to all platforms.

The thing is, SEGA's involvement in the game is minimal. They aren't even publishing it- it's Nintendo who's doing that and who must be throwing money at it. It would make sense for the 'cancelled' rumours to be true. Alternatively, they could be partially true. Like, the game was cancelled, but only for certain platforms.

The fact of that matter is that SEGA went down the shitter and said they were canceling unannounced games that weren't Total War, Sonic, Football Manager, or Yakuza. So yes, this game got canceled, and Nintendo saved it.

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 4

segacbixn.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Platinum Games had a 3 game deal with SEGA? Which is why some people were assuming Bayonetta 2 might not happen.

I had thought it was announced as a four game deal. Bayonetta, MadWorld, Infinite Space and Vanquish were the four. Anarchy Reigns became the fifth in an extension of the deal. And for all we know, that deal may have also included Bayonetta 2.

The fact of that matter is that SEGA went down the shitter and said they were canceling unannounced games that weren't Total War, Sonic, Football Manager, or Yakuza. So yes, this game got canceled, and Nintendo saved it.

Again, do we know it was cancelled? it was never said to be cancelled. I'll believe it when I hear it, but as is people are going off of rumors.

Again, do we know it was cancelled? it was never said to be cancelled. I'll believe it when I hear it, but as is people are going off of rumors.

Rumours that add up, especially in hindsight.

Oh, I might as well argue that if you get into consoles for their power, you're choosing the wrong platform (saw your rants on Segabits), get a PC. All consoles are outdated after 2 years.

Regarding those four IPs, it wasn't only four IPs. Kotaku screwed up in reporting on the news when it broke and misread four examples as only four: http://segabits.com/...t-fridays-news/

Regarding PCs, I prefer consoles. Sorry. I'm just not a PC gamer. I prefer a gaming model that is sure to be outdated down the road, but I'll buy consoles until they fade away and PCs are the only option.

Then why whine about the Wii U becoming outdated. I fail to see your argument here. It's stupid.

Outdated in the console world. How is that stupid? There are a lot of people who only get their gaming kicks from consoles. So in terms of consoles, Wii U will become outdated very soon in terms of hardware power.

Then why whine about the Wii U becoming outdated. I fail to see your argument here. It's stupid.

This isn't a console war topic, this is a topic for gushing about Bayonetta 2 happening.

I'm still finding that hard to believe actually.

• Thumbs Up 7

I just find it hilarious you care that much about the power of a console, when they're all just shitty PCs. Also, it's unlikely Durango is going to be some beast of a machine considering what we know about it right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just find it hilarious you care that much about the power of a console, when they're all just shitty PCs. Also, it's unlikely Durango is going to be some beast of a machine considering what we know about it right now.

Yeah, we're done here. This has nothing to do with Bayonetta 2.