Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Isn't this supposed to be a characters catchphrase anyway?
No, it's a phrase they came up with that hints at the character. So even when we know the words, we have to figure out what it means.

No, it's a phrase they came up with that hints at the character. So even when we know the words, we have to figure out what it means.

Right, gotcha! What character has a catchphrase these days anyway?

I couldn't possibly do the guessing now. There's not enough for me to go on.

I'm hoping to see a quote that spells out "Have you seen any sailors?" or something :D

I asked 'em to include Ryo Hazuki at SoS. I can't see it happening, but it would be so epic if they did.

WOW, the phrase fits perfectly O_O I don't know why I didn't think about "mirror"...man, I love Shenmue :D

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

-Doing tricks in the air? Look at Riders...

4.I think you could do tricks in MKWii

Yes, but Riders came out before MKWii, so yeah.

As for the game being a "clone", the only thing this game has in common with Mario Kart is the items, which I do admit, feel very much like reskined Mario Kart items (I'm looking at you boxing glove). Other than that, most of the other things are standard fair for racing games.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

"Objects In Rear view Dragon?? Mirror May appear Closer in realitY"

Today's letters are "A" and "R".

O _ _ _ _ _ _ - I _ - R _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - D _ _ _ _ _ - M _ _ _ _ _ - M _ _ - A _ _ _ _ _ - C _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ - R _ _ _ _ _ Y .

O B J E C T S - I N - R E A R - V I E W - D R I V E R - M I R R O R - M A Y - A P P E A R - C L O S E R - I N - R E A L I T Y.

I think Sharky solved it right there. Hell if I know what it means though.

Edited by Goldar

OUR FINAL HINT FOR THE WEEK

O - - - - - -

I -

R - - -

- - - -

D - - - - -

M - - - - -

M - -

A - - - - -

C - - - - -

- -

R - - - - - Y

I'm thinking of what it could be right now.

EDIT: Last word might be reality, the D word might be Dreams. I'm guessing NiGHTS though digging more.

EDIT2: Goldar beat me. XD

O B J E C T S - I N - R E A R - V I E W - D R I V E R - M I R R O R - M A Y - A P P E A R - C L O S E R - I N - R E A L I T Y.

Sounds about right... But what does it MEAN? (digs into SEGA past)

EDIT3: Well thinking about it, the phrase means distance, in a drivers instruction booklet this term is of course used to show that the distance between objects are closer than you might think, obvious, but maybe the hint doesn't lie in the PHRASE but in what it mean, which is DISTANCE. Just a thought...

EDIT4: Or... Maybe the hint lies in the deeper meaning of the phrase. Like maybe it reflects something? IS there any mirror characters in SEGA history? Any games in SEGA past involving mirrors?

EDIT5: Or maybe in the song sung by Meatloaf? XD

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Obj...8256BDD002FB22A

Edited by Rice Golem

OUR FINAL HINT FOR THE WEEK

O - - - - - -

I -

R - - -

- - - -

D - - - - -

M - - - - -

M - -

A - - - - -

C - - - - -

- -

R - - - - - Y

I'm thinking of what it could be right now.

EDIT: Last word might be reality, the D word might be Dreams. I'm guessing NiGHTS though digging more.

EDIT2: Goldar beat me. XD

Sounds about right... But what does it MEAN? (digs into SEGA past)

EDIT3: Well thinking about it, the phrase means distance, in a drivers instruction booklet this term is of course used to show that the distance between objects are closer than you might think, obvious, but maybe the hint doesn't lie in the PHRASE but in what it mean, which is DISTANCE. Just a thought...

EDIT4: Or... Maybe the hint lies in the deeper meaning of the phrase. Like maybe it reflects something? IS there any mirror characters in SEGA history? Any games in SEGA past involving mirrors?

Problem is, you're stating the NORMAL phrase and looking into it too much. It's supposed to be a hint at a game, so saying "dragon mirror" would make much more sense. Dragon Mirror = the driving force of Shenmue = Ryo Hazuki in a forklift.

Yeah, Dragon mirror seems much more likely to me, being a central object of Shenmue (which would more or less confirm Ryo), plus "Rear driver mirror" sounds a bit odd, isn't the generally used term "Rear view mirror"?

Edited by FeathersMcGraw

Its a different phrase then whats always writen on all of the cars in real life:

Objets in mirror are closer then they appear.

OBJECTS IN REAR VIEW DRIVER MIRROR MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REALITY

They simply added a few words wich would complete and detail a lil more whats suppose to be written on the mirror.

S0L posted on the NiD forum that the hint is obscure even if you know the phrase.

crossword solver thingy found this:

Rabidly

1. In a rabid manner; with extreme violence.

raceway

1. a course over which races are run

2. a canal for a current of water

rackety

1. uncontrollably noisy

Rackety

1. Making a tumultuous noise.

Radiary

1. A radiate.

rag day

1. a day on which university students hold a rag

railway

1. a line of track providing a runway for wheels; "he walked along the railroad track"

2. line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a railway system

rainfly

1. flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent

rapidly

1. with rapid movements; "he works quickly"

Rapidly

1. In a rapid manner.

There are like ten pages of this.

Am I the only one who thinks it'd be cool if Ryo was riding the Hang On bike as his vehicle? Yeah a forklift truck is awesome and all but the Hang On kills two SEGA birds with one stone.

Do we know that characters will be restricted to driving a single vehicle?

I hope we'll be able to change them like in SA2 with slight difference in the look and power it will give or upgrade our cars with items that we'll have to collect along the track or in missions...

Edited by Unholy Sonic

Am I the only one who thinks it'd be cool if Ryo was riding the Hang On bike as his vehicle? Yeah a forklift truck is awesome and all but the Hang On kills two SEGA birds with one stone.

I think Ryo's main vehicle would be his motorcycle, and his allstar mode will be the forklift. He'll probably jump into the air, the mirrors will appear behind him emitting energy and POOF! he's in a sailor filled forklift.

Well, here's my try:

OCTOBER IS R--- ---- DREAMS M----- M-- A----- COMING TO REALITY

At SoS they said there will be a character announced in october, and I really think it's NiGHTS (though it's obvious that he is in). I couln't complete the phrase because I'm not a native speaker ;)

I asked one of the developers at SoS about the vehicles and he confirmed that each character would just have the one.

... although I forget the reason he gave me.. :(