Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Sumo Digital have revealed their process for choosing characters to be in the game -

http://www.wiiloveit.com/news/august-3rd-2...sracingischosen

Ah, maybe my Axel spam won't get him in the game after all then if there's skeletal problems with human models. XD Oh well, seems like they know what they're doing anyway. ;D

When you say "the graphics look really nice and polished" do you mean GTA 4 nice (which in reality they sucked) or do you mean Batman AA?? (which was at a new level of kill)

In my opinion, you can't really compare a cartoony kart racing title to the likes of GTA4 and Batman:AA, they're very different games. XD The menu system was sleek and looked a lot nicer than SST's. The in-game graphics had a few problems with pixellated shadowing, but apart from that looked nice and colourful. The character models themselves looked just like their Superstar Tennis counter-parts, but the courses really appeared like they had a lot of life in them. The graphics looked just like they did in the last trailer basically, you can see for yourself. ;)

-Richard Jacques working on the soundtrack for Superstar Racing, original music in along with some surprises.

Steve told me before we started to play that Jacques' music was playing at the menu screen and I could probably hear it if I listened close enough. I gave it a go anyway and it sounded to me like it was just the music from the last trailer. Surely that's not the main theme, I mean it's nothing compared to the SEGA Superstar Tennis one!

And you're right Dabbido, all of the items I received anyway aside from the Allstar stuff were generic. Of course, there were title-specific stage hazards scattered around courses though, such as giant eggs rolling around the Billy Hatcher level and getting in the way of the road. Drove straight in to a couple myself. >_<

vvv The lead designer himself said at Summer of Sonic he loved Big, so yeah, you're right there. XD vvv

Edited by bolt7

#4 is why Big's in this game. He has his fans, yes, but they are few, and far more people hate him than they do like him. However, they wanted to include him, so that's why he's in.

^Hehe. Genius right there.

Big: I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL IF YOU DON'T PUT ME IN THE GAME BITCHES!!!!!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I'm satisfied with the Sonic lineup, as I see the two I wanted (Silver and Metal Sonic) were longshots anyway.

I'd like to see both Ristar and Reala, so I'll keep my fingers crossed

^ I dont really see how Metal was a long shot, I mean he's been in the series since......Sonic CD (and sonic 2 if you really think about it). Now silver I dont give a damn about since I never liked him to start with, Sega just introduced him in a bad way and every game after just left a really bad after taste to me. (food reference does mean Im kinda hungry :P)

But I kinda do wish Blaze made the cut, I mean I really want to see more of her in sonic games... It's rare to basically get the GIRL version of the main character.

Bolt- Thanks for giving me your opinion about the game and graphics....

Edited by Shadic the GOLD RANGER

This is going to be really good. I'm actually looking forward to it, unlike Superstars Tennis. And having Knuckles revealed with the Sonic line-up is the icing on the cake! <3

If Richard Jacques is doing the music again, I hope it's not just the intro like Superstars Tennis. Or did he do more than that? I just remember the rest were original songs on the courses. >.>

As for which console I'm getting this for, it will definitely be the 360!

This is going to be really good. I'm actually looking forward to it, unlike Superstars Tennis. And having Knuckles revealed with the Sonic line-up is the icing on the cake! <3

If Richard Jacques is doing the music again, I hope it's not just the intro like Superstars Tennis. Or did he do more than that? I just remember the rest were original songs on the courses. >.>

As for which console I'm getting this for, it will definitely be the 360!

He did a Space Harrier remix that appeared in all of 3 missions! Yay....

Totally agree with you though. I hope the levels have remixed music rather than just the original tracks that SST has.

Can anyone tell me what Tails' superstar move is? No one seemed to know when I asked around on the day, because no one was playing as him ;_;

Can anyone tell me what Tails' superstar move is? No one seemed to know when I asked around on the day, because no one was playing as him ;_;

Only because Knuckles and Sonic are far cooler than Tails. =P Didn't you get a chance to play?

I don't actually remember Tails being playable. He, along with Shadow, Eggman and Big, took part in the race itself but I don't remember them being on the selectable roster for the demo - just Sonic, Knuckles and Amy I think.

I think his All Star move is called the 'Tails Tornado', whatever that is. :huh:

You couldn't play as him for all I can remember, same goes for Eggman. =X The only playable Sonic characters were Sonic, Amy and Knuckles- I would've chosen Tails over Beat for my second go defiantly. XD Maybe I'm wrong though and just kept looking past him, I dunno.

Also, TSSZ posted up some of the stuff I wrote which is fine, but thinking back to it Steve said:

there's four out of the twelve still to be revealed that'll really surprise SEGA fans apparently.

instead of

there's four out of the twelve still to be revealed that'll really excite SEGA fans apparently.

Same things really, but better get my facts straight if it's going to end up on there. XD

Edit - MK beat me to it. XD Yeah I remember the phrase 'Tails Tornado' being mentioned a few times.

Edit 2 - Wait, I just noticed the friendly Sumo Chap in the glasses was SOL! He has it written on the back of his shirt, never noticed during the event!

Edited by bolt7

Yeah, I knew his All Star move (lol, sorry, forgot what the moves were called before) was called that... just wanted to know what it actually was ^^; Guess no one knows then?

Also, TSSZ posted up some of the stuff I wrote which is fine, but thinking back to it Steve said:

instead of

Same things really, but better get my facts straight if it's going to end up on there. XD

I swear that I copypastaed exactly what you wrote...unless you changed something in after my publishing it or such a thing. Certainly wouldn't be the first time revisionist history has occurred to make me look bad (and I'm not saying that was your intent, either...if that was the case. :lol: )

-T

Yeah, I knew his All Star move (lol, sorry, forgot what the moves were called before) was called that... just wanted to know what it actually was ^^; Guess no one knows then?

Its either him doing some sort of windy tornado-ish thing to his opponents or him actually getting in his TORNADO and shooting at people. Could be the first since in SST he did that windy attack and it was also called tornado...something XD

I hope it is the latter though, itd make much more sense. Btw I know this is a bit off-topic but Flyboy Fox...do you have that sonic art on your sig, clean? cause I have the other sonic art and I plan doing my own shirt with those artworks (with iron-on paper) thanks in advance! <3

I do have it, but unfortunately it's on my other computer which is currently dead. ^^; If you can't find it in a few days, get back to me and maybe I'll have access to it by then.

I still wish Tails was actually flying the Tornado in the game ;_; But alas, all the vehicles appear to be ground-based despite Tails flying in at the start of the trailer :(

I do have it, but unfortunately it's on my other computer which is currently dead. ^^; If you can't find it in a few days, get back to me and maybe I'll have access to it by then.

I still wish Tails was actually flying the Tornado in the game ;_; But alas, all the vehicles appear to be ground-based despite Tails flying in at the start of the trailer :(

Awww :( oh well...Ill try to find it then :) and if I have no luck Ill wait til u have access again :3

It could be :/ simply hovering in it, while shooting missiles and the likes.

Edited by dabbido

I checked for you after you asked and Tails wasn't playable. He was in the races as a computer player but wasn't in the character selection screen at all. Eggman, Shadow and Big weren't playable either. During the near enough 2 hours I covered the Sumo Digital guys on the All Stars Racing pod those 3 characters would never activate their All Star moves. Other playable computer characters would but those 3 wouldn't. I'm guessing since those 3 haven't been implemented as playable yet, their All Star moves must not be implemented yet either.

I swear that I copypastaed exactly what you wrote...unless you changed something in after my publishing it or such a thing. Certainly wouldn't be the first time revisionist history has occurred to make me look bad (and I'm not saying that was your intent, either...if that was the case. :lol: )

-T

No no, you copy and pasted it fine, it's just seeing as though you posted it up on your website I thought back through what I said a little more. That's the only correction that came to mind. XD I remember mentioning to him February was still a long way off and they had loads of time left, and he looked at me as if to say 'Are you mad?' My knowledge of games design and the months of beta testing/Q&A/product manufacturing went out of the window for a minute there.

Edited by bolt7

Oh! Knux was playable at SoS? Does anyone know what his All Star move is, and the name of it? Just curious. 8D

Knuckles glides around when his allstar move is activated and players can tap 'X' to charge up his fist ready for an epic punch towards the ground, taking out any racers around him.

That should answer your question.

That should answer your question.

Thanks. ^ ^ Heh, sounds awesome. Does seem a bit similiar to Sonic's All Star move though.