Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Wow that was a brutal preview. Mario kart ripoff... that all i saw in that whole article.

Brutal is not the word, biased is. I was so irritated by this preview I left a comment, which I will post here too,

"This is the worst preview I have read in ages, I haven't seen such ridiculous bias in a preview before. Are you really dismissing this game as a game that wont be as good as Mario Kart from a single hands on preview...

What happened to reviewing a game on its own merits? Is that one rule that does not apply if they have Sega characters in them? It seems that way to me.

Also, what is all of this crap about the Sega characters not being as good as Nintendos? That is down to nothing but personal opinion and shouldn't even come into a preview.

Not to mention most of the Characters in Mario Kart are filler characters and generic enemies from the Mario World, can you really say those fillers are better than Alex Kidd? Sonic the Hedgehog or Samba de Amigo? really?...

This preview is terrible all round, I'm not even that interested in the game but I'm sick of shitty previews by biased critics.

It's retarded shit like this, critics not giving games a chance that is making the industry stale."

Seriously though, this shit has to stop... There is a filthy twatty bias against anything Sega does in the industry and this shit just has to stop.

To be honest, this game to me looks like Mario Kart Wii but with SEGA characters and better graphics, but if it's actually a fun game what's wrong with that? The online will be better because it's not on the Wii, and the graphics are significantly better, even animation-wise, characters are extremely charismatic and full of, well, character. The only problem I've seen so far is that you get All-Star moves far too easily, I've seen videos of people getting them in 1st and 2nd place.

So yeah, Mario Kart ripoff or not, this seems to be doing a number of things better than Mario Kart Wii is, and this is coming from a Nintendo fan who thinks SEGA are extremely bland and Sonic games as of late (Bar Unleashed) have been nothing more than trash.

The only problem I've seen so far is that you get All-Star moves far too easily, I've seen videos of people getting them in 1st and 2nd place.

I believe Sumo Digital said that in the final game the number chances to power-up and use an allstar move will be less. I think they upped it for demo purposes, so one could have a sampling of the moves and attacks.

I don't really see why so many people have such a negative attitude towards this game when (in my opinion) most kart racing games are better than Mario Kart anyway. This one will likely be no exception. :P

Looking at trailers and gameplay videos, I haven't found much of a reason to hold off buying the game so I'm going to. It seems like a fun little kart racer with an awesome roster, online and is actually for a console I own and play frequently. The PS3.

Speaking of that, how many people here are actually going to be getting the PS3 version? When this game comes around, I'm going to want to play around with some of you. Don't tell me all of you are gonna get it for Wii/Xbox. :(

Don't tell me all of you are gonna get it for Wii/Xbox. :(

I'm afraid I'll be getting the Xbox version. :( for you, but :D for me

Looking forward to some SonicStadium tournaments!

Speaking of that, how many people here are actually going to be getting the PS3 version? When this game comes around, I'm going to want to play around with some of you. Don't tell me all of you are gonna get it for Wii/Xbox. :(

I'll probably be getting whichever's cheapest, but if we're planning SSMB tournaments and stuff then probably the Xbox version. XD Might get the Wii version too if it looks any good, I do like Mario Kart Wii's online multiplayer so if it's anything like that, fantastic!

I may. I'm still contemplating getting the new PS3 slim (seeing as it looks like I need to get more then a Wii now) and with the price cut, it looks or the more temptin (that and I'm getting a new HD TV to go). I've read that the PS3 online is free, but how good is it? And is it wired or wireless or both? But we'll see in time. Hopefully all 3 main versions are the same quality wise.

The PS3 online is great from my experience. It also allows you to have a wired or wireless connection and switch between the two, so worries there.

Hopefully I'll be getting a PS3 within the next 5 years, so if I ever get one, I'll be sure to look you up (and others here of course).

And as for the interview, it just reeked of Nintendo fanboyism. Not one sentence of that interview did I not get the impression that all the writer thought about was "Nintendo is what Genesisn't".

To be honest, this game to me looks like Mario Kart Wii but with SEGA characters and better graphics, but if it's actually a fun game what's wrong with that? The online will be better because it's not on the Wii, and the graphics are significantly better, even animation-wise, characters are extremely charismatic and full of, well, character. The only problem I've seen so far is that you get All-Star moves far too easily, I've seen videos of people getting them in 1st and 2nd place.

So yeah, Mario Kart ripoff or not, this seems to be doing a number of things better than Mario Kart Wii is, and this is coming from a Nintendo fan who thinks SEGA are extremely bland and Sonic games as of late (Bar Unleashed) have been nothing more than trash.

It's not a Mario Kart clone, get that out of your head.

Sumo said it themselves "It's outrun mixed with Sonic"

it's basically a Outrun for kids. Look at all the drifting you have to do if you want to win a race.

The PS3 online is great from my experience. It also allows you to have a wired or wireless connection and switch between the two, so worries there.

Sweet. I'll be on campus at uni during the time, so I'll need a wired connection and combine that with the fact that online is free the PS3 slim may be a must buy Now its just a question of games....

(in my opinion) most kart racing games are better than Mario Kart anyway. This one will likely be no exception. :P

Name one Kart game that is better than Mario kart.....

Name one Kart game that is better than Mario kart.....

Like I said it's my opinion, but Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart and Diddy Kong Racing I feel are all better than Mario's recent kart based offerings. Those being Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. 64 was fantastic but the other ones just kinda fell flat after that. Wii's okay, but the new items just kill the fun a lot of times. Double Dash I didn't like at all.

I'll be getting the PS3 version so I'll have a game with you. I also have SEGA Superstars Tennis on PS3 if you have that and fancy a game sometime?

Like I said it's my opinion, but Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart and Diddy Kong Racing I feel are all better than Mario's recent kart based offerings. Those being Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. 64 was fantastic but the other ones just kinda fell flat after that. Wii's okay, but the new items just kill the fun a lot of times. Double Dash I didn't like at all.

Evidently, you haven't played Mario Kart DS. I liked Diddy Kong Racing, but MKDS blows that one straight out of the water.

I'll be getting this for the 360 since It'll be the best looking option for me.

Also that preview makes me want Pyo and forklift to be in this game, just to watch the masses jizz in their pants

I will also be getting the PS3 version, unless it turns out to be a download only thing. I keep thinking that was just a rumor, though.

I'm pretty sure its confirmed to be a solid PS3 release. It probably would have said PSN (or something) otherwise, that and the Sumo Digital guys would have said y nw (summer of sonic and all). Wouldn't worry about it.

Evidently, you haven't played Mario Kart DS. I liked Diddy Kong Racing, but MKDS blows that one straight out of the water.

Chooch: Yeah okay I agree with CTR. But DKR was not better than double dash or MKDS. I hated MK64, it was lame to me.

Sniper: Damn right... MKDS was soo great like if I had a DS I'd buy that game like now.

Has anyone mentioned Bayonetta as a possibility for a character?

You think they could stick her in there as a promo kind of thing? Or just because. The game's already expected to do very well.

That's... actually not a bad idea. I'd suggest riding her own hair as a vehicle, but the possibility of softcore nekkidness bumping the rating up... yyyyyeah. XD;

Edited by Blacklightning

It's not a Mario Kart clone, get that out of your head.

Sumo said it themselves "It's outrun mixed with Sonic"

But it is. Items, pulling off tricks in the air nets you a speed boost, the drift works exactly the same as every other Mario Kart game, colorful mascot character roster, etc. A SEGA rep would rather compare their game to another one of their own instead of a game that one of their competitor's games as not to look unoriginal. Reps can say anything they want to make their games look better, look at how many times Rare called Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts a platformer, and it's the furthest thing from one.

Edited by Solid SOAP

Outrun had drift before Mario Kart

but here go Nintendo fans again making NINTENDO THE ALMIGHTY GOD

People just love to baaw and complain about anything related to SEGA.

Also, Steve (S0L) isn't a SEGA rep, he's a developer of the game.

If you don't believe him then you might as well sell every console you own except the Wii

Edited by ShadikatRawr

..I'm not complaining. This looks like a fine game, you're the one overexaggerating what I said. Nintendo aren't the almighty Gods, in fact, they've been pretty boring lately, and the only game I'm looking foward to from them is the new Zelda. But this is pretty much Mario Kart with Sonic, there's no shame in that. Saints Row is pretty much a wackier Grand Theft Auto and that game is absolutely fantastic. Does that make me a Rockstar fanboy?

If anyone's the fanboy it's you, probably. You get extremely defensive when anyone says anything that be perceived as slightly derogatory towards SEGA, if that, and point fingers and assume that anyone who doesn't bow down to SEGA is a complete and utter Nintendo fanboy. I really couldn't care less about Nintendo right now, the last game I bought for the Wii was Brawl, which was at least a year ago.

But then again I consider one game that SEGA are making comparable to Mario Kart, so I guess I should sell my superior 360 and only play the Wii.

Edited by Solid SOAP