Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

That's pretty lame, honestly. Ah well, further justifies my choice to buy this at bargin price.

It still looks great, it just doesn't look $60 great in my opinion.

I asked one of the developers at SoS about the vehicles and he confirmed that each character would just have the one.

... although I forget the reason he gave me.. :(

I don't see how this is a problem if there's over twenty characters and if all of their cars are original and fun-looking, which they all have been so far in my opinion. XD I'm wondering how they're going to tackle two people playing as the same character online though, I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread and in the SoS demo once P1's character was picked that same character became greyed out on P2's screen. Mario Kart Wii would let all 12 players be Mario if they wanted too, and SEGA Superstars Tennis doubled characters as well (Eggman VS Eggman, etc.) It would be nice if Sumo programmed in different coloured cars or something for the doubles in SSR.

Edited by bolt7

I don't see how this is a problem if there's over twenty characters and if all of their cars are original and fun-looking, which they all have been so far in my opinion. XD

miioutfitbev7.png

:( Yes I know each character's cars are all unique, yes I know the karts in MKWii are all basically reskins of each other, but at least slightly different looks/stats for each character's alternate vehicles would be nice.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

At least this game's roster is better than Mario Kart's. I mean, I fucking love Mario games, they make my day, but as of late all of the Mario spinoffs have been filled with nothing but unoriginal filler characters, including baby versions of other characters, recolors, and just unattractive looking characters. The only decent additions to Mario Kart Wii's roster was Rosalina, Funky Kong, and Dry Bones Bowser.

Each characters car in SEGA All Stars racing is unique with their own stats etc.

Each have their owns pros and cons, run different on certain terrain, etc.

Sumo confirmed this a while ago.

I love people who are just fishing for reasons to hate this game.

Personally can't wait for this game, keeps looking better and better. Sumo Digital are awesome too, I know they won't screw it up.

If there is one thing I'm mad about, it's the name. But that is SEGA's fault, not Sumo's.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

I love people who are just fishing for reasons to hate this game.

To be fair you do the same with a lot of Nintendo's games.

I however think Sonic and Sega Allstars racing looks great and I'll gladly pay full price for it providing the track selection is decent and the frame rate ( 30 or 60, I don't really care) is locked.

To be fair you do the same with a lot of Nintendo's games.

I however think Sonic and Sega Allstars racing looks great and I'll gladly pay full price for it providing the track selection is decent and the frame rate ( 30 or 60, I don't really care) is locked.

Don't even get me talking about Nintendo in this topic, XD it will end up being ruined.

Anyways, glad you are looking forward to the game. I plan on buying it day 1.

I haven't seen anyone say anything especially bad about this regarding the lack of unlockable vehicles, it's just that it'd be nice since in Mario Kart Wii & DS each character can drive more than one vehicle. Either way, this looks nice but not a day 1 purchase for me. This looks like a fun little game but I'm on such a limited budget, I feel like it'd be more worth the money if I bought it for $30 or $20 than $60.

Blah blah blah

Quality > Quantity

You guys will be blown away by how awesome the game is once you play it, because... Sumo Digital and racing games is the definition of awesome.

If you haven't go try out Outrun 2006, it's also on XBOX live with the name Outrun Online Arcade. Outrun Online Arcade is also on PSN in Europe.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

You guys will be blown away by how awesome the game is once you play it, because... Sumo Digital and racing games is the definition of awesome.

It's a mascot racer, I highly, highly doubt I will be blown away by this game.

You guys will be blown away by how awesome the game is once you play it, because... AM2 and racing games is the definition of awesome.

FIFY. Saying that Outrun 2 is Sumo's game is like saying that Duke Nukem 3D is Lobotomy Software's game. It's a good port, but they weren't involved with the design of the original games, and thus can't take credit for doing anything past preserving the experience of the arcade version when porting it. It was actually a pretty impressive port, the version of the Chihiro that ran Outrun 2 had 512 MB of RAM, the Xbox has 64 MB of RAM, so they had to get streaming working on what amounts to the same hardware with less RAM in a game that had enough RAM to keep the entire course in RAM all at the same time. They had to remake the game from scratch in order to make it work.

The only game I would actually say they designed themselves would be Super Stars Tennis, and while I like all the throwbacks they have in it, it didn't play very well. It bizarrely had a steeper learning curve than the game it was supposed to be a simpler version of, and had a few ridiculously overpowered Super Star moves.

Edited by Phos

^ Yeah, more cars would be better and add more variety.

Granted a lot of cars in MKWii and DS are merly reskins of already existing cars, so it wasn't that ''varied' in the true sense. Riders did this right to a certain extenet, but that was more of a racer than a kart racer anyway.

At the very least I hope the karts and characters are interchangable, I can live without multiple karts for each character but if we can't change their vehicle in any way I can see this game getting stale very quickly.

It's ok for personal Veichles, but I'd like to see default veichles for everyone as well:

1 custom car, 1 bike, 1 motorbike, 1 plane etc...

These default veichles should customizable (colour, parts, etc...)

Sonic in a motorbike would be awesome!!

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I would like to remind we are getting another hint today.

...So wait, when do they decide to reveal who it is? When someone throws at SEGA what they guess the phrase is, gets it completely right, and guess what the phrase means and why? Do they just wait until they reveal all the letters? Will the rear view dragon mirror actually be it? Oh to crush or amplify our dreams~

CLUE OF THE DAY!

O - - - - - -

I -

R - - -

V - - -

D - - - - -

M - - - - -

M - -

A - - - - -

C - - - - -

- -

R - - - - - Y

Still looks like our guess may be right, though is D Dragon... Hmn...

At the very least I hope the karts and characters are interchangable, I can live without multiple karts for each character but if we can't change their vehicle in any way I can see this game getting stale very quickly.

This is why I'm waiting for bargin bin prices. It looks fun enough to buy, it looks polished, the online will probably be fun and I wouldn't mind racing some of you guys online, but like Super Stars Tennis, the replay value probably won't be that great. I bought SEGA Super Stars Tennis about a month ago for $20 and I got bored of it within a week.

It's a mascot racer, I highly, highly doubt I will be blown away by this game.

I'm going to have to agree with Solid SOAP on this one. I do love Sumo Digital as a developer and after having actually played the game at SoS I can tell it isn't going to be blowing anyone away or getting fantastic review scores by critics. I doubt Travis, Steve and the entire Sumo team set out to create something ground-breaking, but produce a lively, arcade-like, all around fun mascot kart racer that's hopefully going to be enjoyed by a wide variety of audience.

I'll be buying this game at full price because I love both kart racing titles and SEGA characters. Hopefully it'll be a blast to play online and the game itself just seems to fit the designers intentions perfectly, a fun racing title with SEGA characters.

OutRun 2 is my favourite racing game of all time. It's fun, but I wouldn't really say that would even 'blow people away.' XD

I didnt literally mean blow you away. I mean't it's gonna blow away all the people who think its gonna be trash and not worth its full price. It's only gonna be 50 dollars, just like Sonic Unleashed, looks like that's how SEGA is pricing all their games with Sonic in them.

I didnt literally mean blow you away. I mean't it's gonna blow away all the people who think its gonna be trash and not worth its full price. It's only gonna be 50 dollars, just like Sonic Unleashed, looks like that's how SEGA is pricing all their games with Sonic in them.

Honestly, I doubt it's gonna blow away even them. Partly because some will have their heads too far up their ass to admit the game is good, and because the rest of those people will at most see that it's simply okay.

I'm confident that it'll be really good, but I doubt it'll utterly amaze anyone.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Honestly, I doubt it's gonna blow away even them. Partly because some will have their heads too far up their ass to admit the game is good, and because the rest of those people will at most see that it's simply okay.

I'm confident that it'll be really good, but I doubt it'll utterly amaze anyone.

Oh, I know that. Haha. I'm soo expecting this game to get a 4 from IGN if it's hillary reviewing the HD versions. The whole review will consist of him whining about how SEGA hates Sonic and put him in a car.

Oh, I know that. Haha. I'm soo expecting this game to get a 4 from IGN if it's hillary reviewing the HD versions. The whole review will consist of him whining about how SEGA hates Sonic and put him in a car.

I hope they complain about the gameplay in the Sound and Graphics section again.