Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

It's a kart racer. I never said it wasn't gonna be fun, it probably is, but it'll likely be nothing special, it honestly doesn't have much to stand out from the crowd.

It just seems like you're overblowing this game to be the next messiah when all it really is is a simple kart racing game with SEGA mascot characters in it. If you think this looks brill, nothing wrong with that, it looks like a pretty fun game, but I personally can't see this being any more fun than the next kart racing game.

Yes, it is Sega fanservice, but IMO, that's really the only unique thing going for it, and that doesn't really interest me.

Also, what SOAP said.

It's a kart racer. I never said it wasn't gonna be fun, it probably is, but it'll likely be nothing special, it honestly doesn't have much to stand out from the crowd.

To be fair the samething could be said about Mario Kart Wii (or even DS) and those sold a fuck load. So long as they advertise this right, theres no reason why it can't be ''big'.

To be fair the samething could be said about Mario Kart Wii (or even DS) and those sold a fuck load. So long as they advertise this right, theres no reason why it can't be ''big'.

Well, Mario Kart's been around since the 16-bit days, and has since gained quite a reputation.

And besides, it has Mario's mug on it. Kids eat that stuff up. (although the same could be said for Sonic)

Edited by Indigo Rush

Well, Mario Kart's been around since the 16-bit days, and has since gained quite a reputation. And besides, it has Mario's mug on it. Ki

I still don't see how that makes MKWii ''unique'' or ''special'' or how it stops SASAR from being big if given the right amount of advertisement and marketing.

I still don't see how that makes MKWii ''unique'' or ''special'' or how it stops SASAR from being big if given the right amount of advertisement and marketing.

Because Mario Kart's barely a spin-off anymore, people know the name. It's more like a brand to itself separate from his platformers. Mario Kart's Cherry Coke, and S&SAR is some kind of new soda no one's tried yet. Might taste great, but people need to buy it.

Edited by Ezra the Badnik

Because Mario Kart's barely a spin-off anymore, people know the name. It's more like a brand to itself separate from his platformers. Mario Kart's Cherry Coke, and S&SAR is some kind of new soda no one's tried yet. Might taste great, but people need to buy it.

More like Cherry Pepsi, but I get your Sonic drift.

Hence my right amount of advertisement and marketing comment.

Hence my right amount of advertisement and marketing comment.

Even with the best marketing and ads the game is still hindered by the "it's another crappy Sonic game" and "Mario Kart rip-off" stigma. Unless this game can somehow revolutionize the racing genre, I only expect it to be about twice as successful as SST(which would still be rather poor) only because kart racers are more accessible than tennis sims.

Don't claim this as hate because I'm really am excited about this game, I'm just being realistic about its future.

Your crazy if you think SEGA would actually give this game TV ad's.

The most advertising this game will get is word/phrase guessing off SEGA's twitter and maybe a exclusive trailer on some site.

Your crazy if you think SEGA would actually give this game TV ad's.

The most advertising this game will get is word/phrase guessing off SEGA's twitter and maybe a exclusive trailer on some site.

They did for Riders:

And SST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yfIn3_W3nM

I don't see why they wouldn't for this game either.

I don't see why you don't think SEGA will advertise this, they advertise their Sonic games pretty well I think. I recall seeing ads in magazines for Black Knight, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06, and Sonic Heroes, and commercials for the latter 2 and Secret Rings.

Personally I think it looks awesome. I'm all for being able to play a Mario Kart like game on my system of choice (360) with characters that I like moreso than the ones from Nintendo. Sure it isn't going to be anything new and refreshing, but right now I think the industry is TOO caught up on this innovation thing sometimes - not every game has to revolutionize something to be a good game :P. Not that innovation is a bad thing, I rather think it is nice that creative games come out of it, but I think sometimes the focus needs to be on 'good game first, innovation second' sometimes.

Or it just needs to be Scribblenauts. Oh how I hope that game is really effing awesome.

That's pretty much why I want this; HD, online, Mario Kart, that has Sonic characters in it. 360 controller is better than that flogging Wii Wheel too. :P

Even with the best marketing and ads the game is still hindered by the "it's another crappy Sonic game" and "Mario Kart rip-off" stigma. Unless this game can somehow revolutionize the racing genre, I only expect it to be about twice as successful as SST(which would still be rather poor) only because kart racers are more accessible than tennis sims.

Then market it at the people who don't care about that i.e. the majority if not all of the casual market.

I don't see why you don't think SEGA will advertise this, they advertise their Sonic games pretty well I think. I recall seeing ads in magazines for Black Knight, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06, and Sonic Heroes, and commercials for the latter 2 and Secret Rings.

Dont forget to add Unleashed in there somewhere.

O-----S I- R--- V--- D----- M----- M-- A----R C----- -- R-----Y

phrase update! It seems that the Shenmue phrase is the right one oO

O-----S I- R--- V--- D----- M----- M-- A----R C----- -- R-----Y

phrase update! It seems that the Shenmue phrase is the right one oO

Well I think all is certain but the D word. I am betting it's dragon, but to be fair, we can't be certain until one more letter in that is revealed.

However, smart move on their part. If it is from Shenmue, lots of SEGA fans will be happy. And if they're happy, if the next character they reveal is NiGHTS or something which is obvious, they won't mind as much NiGHTS was revealed after a super-wanted unobvious character than if they revealed NiGHTS now and everyone though alright with it, a bit disappointed because NiGHTS being in the game is obvious.

1 world: Obvius, Objects...

2 world: In, Is, It...

3 world: Rear, rich, race, roof, room, roam, rail, rain, rule, rent, rock...

4 world: view, very, vail, vain, vair, vale, vamp, vane, vary, vast, veer, vent, vest, vice...

5 world: Dragon, driver, doomed...

6 world: Mirror, mystic, master, minded, moment, ...

7 world: may, man, men, mad, mug, ...

8 world: closer, colder, ...

9 wordl: of, in, to, is, it, at, on, up, ...

10 world: think that's REALITY

I think that we are too far from the answer yet...I leave you try to speculate about this amounts of words here oO

Well at this point I think I'm correct.

Ryo Hazuki for Sega All Star Racing = day 1 buy for me.

Don't be so sure, It would be a dream, but the phrase could have another meaning. I'm waiting for today's update.

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

phrase Update

O-----S I- R--- V--W D----- M----- M-- A----R C----R -- R-----Y

OK..."Objects in rear view" seems to be official now... "may appear closer to reality" too...

Well, I don't know what to say... hope for Ryo Hazuky