Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

It's not a Mario Kart clone

it started out as a outrun clone

they added the items for kids, kids don't like racing games unless there is gimmicks.

It's a kids version of outrun, they are doing all they can to differentiate it from Mario Kart, because they know that people will call it Mario Kart clone just because it's a racing game with Sonic Characters.

It has a considerable amount of things that's comparable to Mario Kart, not just items. Completing tricks to gain speed, drifting looks similar to Mario Kart's, cartoon physics, silly looking level design with level gimmicks, etc.

It doesn't look like a bad game, but you'd be a fool not to say that this game wasn't influenced by Mario Kart at all.

Devs, reps, whoever, can say whatever they want to make their games sound good. I recall various people at Rare stating that the only thing that the vehicles were used for in Nuts & Bolts were for faster transportation, and low and behold, the game is absolutely nothing like the original games at all. They can say whatever they want as long as it isn't too far from the truth and it makes their game look. There is a very large possibility that this game was originally made with the mindset of "Let's try to cash in on the demographic of people that play Mario Kart while simultaniously drawing in fans of classic SEGA games".

Edited by Solid SOAP

Has anyone mentioned Bayonetta as a possibility for a character?

You think they could stick her in there as a promo kind of thing? Or just because. The game's already expected to do very well.

Hideki Kamiya's sex kitten riding on her F*$K YOU powered chopper would be awesome however SSAR seems be drawing ideas exclusively from the classic, nostalgia bucket. Also I'm not exactly sure how much Sega owns Platinum Games' new IP's, they published the games but didn't have much influence on their development.

All I know is that I want to see Crazy Taxi characters in this game. :( At least a level based on one of the courses from 1, 2, or 3.

LOL CARTOON PHYSICS

of course it's gonna have cartoon phsysics, it's not a realistic racing game

drifting is used in almost every racing game, godly Nintendo didn't create it.

I'll admit the items are inspired by Mario Kart

but everything else, no.

I can't win with you, no one can. Since in the end you'll just assume that anyone who doesn't buy every SEGA game imaginable and has a slight affiliation with anything Nintendo, if at all, is a Nintendo fanboy who only plays Nintendo games and buys everything Nintendo (Despite the fact that I haven't bought a Nintendo game in over a year and this game interests me more than Mario Kart Wii [Which I never bought] ever did).

You are an extremely biased SEGA fanboy who can't get over the fact that not everyone likes SEGA's bland and boring selection of games to play and just assumes that [what I said above]. Stop it.

Oh don't go there, don't even go there =P

I didn't buy Iron Man, I didn't buy Conduit, I didn't buy Mairo and Sonic, I didnt buy Black Knight, I could go on =P

SEGA publishes plenty of trash games, but surprisingly none of you bash those, always bashing the good ones.

Anyways, enough of this war, we will never agree.

So we should just agree to disagree ;)

Haha okay, sounds good. :D

But yeah, is there any chance at all for Crazy Taxi characters to even appear in this? I think I read something about creating realistic humans for this game would be difficult or something, but will there even be a level dedicated to Crazy Taxi? It's my favorite SEGA franchise 'sides Sonic, I'd like to see at least some support for it, even if it's just a level or song. It seems like it'd make sense for their to be a Crazy Taxi character or two since, you know, they use cars in their games. :P

Don't know. But Sumo is really making it sound like Ryo will be in with his fork lift... they are gonna get peoples hopes up if he's not in it now.

Is there even a slight chance of Segata Sanshiro appearing in this too? I highly doubt it but that would be godly. :(

Wasn't he planned for SEGA Tennis but was taken out because they felt the target audience didn't suit that game or something? If they ever make like SEGA Ultra Fighters or something he better be in it. >:[

Sweet more SEGA characters to make me more happy no matter who it it!! :lol:

Obviously the loading time will be reduced since its just a demo same goes for reducing the all star move chance.

Anyway this is getting better and better, I just want them to do everything they can to make the game look and play memorably. (Like with SA1/2 Dreamcast version)

I wonder if theres gonna be stuff we can do like upgrade each characters kart or adding 1 or 2 unique abilities to use for emergency if were last or about to be hit.

Beside that... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME TO COME OUT!!!!!

_________

Tho... I really don't get it why people say that every kart game is a mario kart clone.

What if Sonic was the first one to create the very first kart racing game back in the master system's day, would everyone say that every next kart racong game is a Sonic Racer clone?

SASR is completely different from mario kart except for one thing wich is RACE.

-Everyone has a different ride and not same kart with different color to represent its own character.

-They use Ring box wich freaking different items!!

-Not giving a care about the drift that gives boost cause in Riders 1 its was almost the the same to the point that a gear had drifting as its main source of speed up.

-Doing tricks in the air? Look at Riders...

-All Star Move, nothing else to say

I'm not saying that nintendo owns all or sega can do better then nintendo in making certain types of games, but I don't like it when people looks at the game and really just look at a game and boom! "ish ey nuntendow clone game!!11!11!"

Both company can do great game and have their specialties at some spots but saying one owns a certain type of game cause he created it first isn't right. If SEGA can make a great racing game, fine!! If nintendo can make a better adventure game, okay!! But nintendo ain't got the right to say "I created this first so all the other companies just copy-paste and edit my creations"

Thats all I had to say.

I don't want to get into this whole thing again, but some of your arguments just don't make sense. Can we, like Shadikat said, just agree to disagree? There's no point in arguing over something so silly, this is obviously a point of view thing.

And for the record, yeah, if the first Kart racing game was "Sonic Kart Racers" or something, than yeah, it'd be pretty obvious Nintendo would be trying to cash in on SEGA's success if they came out with Mario Kart after that.

Anyway this is getting better and better, I just want them to do everything they can to make the game look and play memorably. (Like with SA1/2 Dreamcast version)

I don't think a silly kart racing game will be anywhere near as memorable as those two games, but I can see this potentially having decent replay value and fun online play.

Is there even a slight chance of Segata Sanshiro appearing in this too? I highly doubt it but that would be godly. :(

Wasn't he planned for SEGA Tennis but was taken out because they felt the target audience didn't suit that game or something? If they ever make like SEGA Ultra Fighters or something he better be in it. >:[

You sir have just comfirmed the next sega superstars game =)

Don't know if this is already been posted...

This is the S&SASR phrase update:

O_ _ _ _ _ _

_ _

R_ _ _

_ _ _ _

D_ _ _ _ _

M_ _ _ _ _

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

C_ _ _ _ _

_ _

_ _ _ _ _ _Y

EDIT: that word with D could be Dreams...the last one reminds me of journey...NiGHTS???

EDIT 2: OBVIOUS IN RACE EVEN DREAMY MELODY. THE JESTER COMING TO JOURNEY.... just a try :)

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

No, we don't. Even though it is highly probably that NiGHTS is in, he hasn't been confirmed yet. I know many people think that Sumo Digital accidentally confirmed NiGHTS's presence during Summer of Sonic, but that's wrong.

I missed this before:

Name one Kart game that is better than Mario kart.....

I think a good way to put it is that Rollcage is to Mario Kart as Sonic is to Mario.

Tho... I really don't get it why people say that every kart game is a mario kart clone.

What if Sonic was the first one to create the very first kart racing game back in the master system's day, would everyone say that every next kart racong game is a Sonic Racer clone?

SASR is completely different from mario kart except for one thing wich is RACE.

1-Everyone has a different ride and not same kart with different color to represent its own character.

2-They use Ring box wich freaking different items!!

3-Not giving a care about the drift that gives boost cause in Riders 1 its was almost the the same to the point that a gear had drifting as its main source of speed up.

4-Doing tricks in the air? Look at Riders...

5-All Star Move, nothing else to say

1. The've had that in Mario Kart since Double Dash (haven't played MArio Kart Wii though)

2.I don't get this one. Do you mean that the container with items is different? So what?

3.I don't get this one, either...

4.I think you could do tricks in MKWii

5. DD had special weapons. It's the same type of thing, pretty much. No totally but still.

I wouldn't really say its a Mario Kart clone though. It's just a kart game and these things are normal things in a Funk kart game nowadays.

I wasn't there at SOS so I don't know much about that accidentally confirming NiGHTS but if so then it could be Reala though if it really is obvious then it's NiGHTS. Pete Capella who does Reala and Silver mentioned about being in a collaboration game a while back in an interview but now I think he was talking about MaSatWOG and didn't know it was already announced

1. The've had that in Mario Kart since Double Dash (haven't played MArio Kart Wii though)

2.I don't get this one. Do you mean that the container with items is different? So what?

3.I don't get this one, either...

4.I think you could do tricks in MKWii

5. DD had special weapons. It's the same type of thing, pretty much. No totally but still.

I wouldn't really say its a Mario Kart clone though. It's just a kart game and these things are normal things in a Funk kart game nowadays.

1. I haven't played DD

2. yes I mean "with". What I'm saying is that most of the items are SEGA related and not Mario related.

3. Just saying that the drifting system from riders is completely different from mario kart, unrelated tho...

4. You can in DD? Saying it again, I never played DD.

5. All star moves are different then special weapons from DD unless those special weapon were different depending on wich character obtained it.

Edited by Unholy Sonic

So we've got today's two letters:

O------

I-

R---

----

D-----

M-----

M--

------

C-----

--

------Y

I doubt this'll go anywhere until we get two letters in the same word. Which will be Monday, most likely...

An "I" and an "M".

It's looking good for my "OBVIOUS IF" guess. A three letter word starting with "M" though? What could that be.

Edited by Goldar

1. I haven't played DD

2. yes I mean "with". What I'm saying is that most of the items are SEGA related and not Mario related.

3. Just saying that the drifting system from riders is completely different from mario kart, unrelated tho...

4. You can in DD? Saying it again, I never played DD.

5. All star moves are different then special weapons from DD unless those special weapon were different depending on wich character obtained it.

You may wish to check facts before ranting then.

1. Nullified.

2. Well, duh? They function similarly anyway. Green shell = boxing glove, both have a homing projectile etc etc.

3. That has nothing to do with anything. Even so, the drifting in ASR is different to MK.

4. Wii, not DD.

5. Yes, the characters in DD have their own special items.

An "I" and an "M".

It's looking good for my "OBVIOUS IF" guess. A three letter word starting with "M" though? What could that be.

maa mac mad mae mag mak mal mam man map mar mas mat maw max may med meg mel mem men mes met meu mew mho mib mic mid mig mil mim mir mis mix miz mna moa mob moc mod moe mog moi mol mom mon moo mop mor mos mot mou mow moy moz mud mug mum mun mus mut mux myc

Edited by Blue Blood

MeeMee shows up when AiAi uses his his AS move, so I doubt it's her. Isn't this supposed to be a characters catchphrase anyway?