Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I say it's AAUK doing the updates and it ends up beeing 'Rear View DOOMED Mirror' and we see Black Doom riding a moped.

Every member at SEGANerds would personally want to strangle AAUK until he fainted if that happened =P

• Thumbs Up 1

He could surround himself with a group of Shadow fans as bodyguards.

Thinking of the possibility of either Ryo or a Panzer Dragoon dragon, neither of them really fit within the cartoonish style of All-Stars Racing don't you think? I really believe this is going to end up being something far more obscure.

He could surround himself with a group of Shadow fans as bodyguards.

Thinking of the possibility of either Ryo or a Panzer Dragoon dragon, neither of them really fit within the cartoonish style of All-Stars Racing don't you think? I really believe this is going to end up being something far more obscure.

I don't think a knight riding a giant dragon or a guy in a leather coat riding a forklift are particularly realistic or clashing, really. They seem pretty obscurely awesome to me.

Though it's likely Ryo in a forklift. They even said they read forums and fan reaction to choose a character or two to add, and over various previews and forums, that has been the #1 request I have seen. And admit it, it's all kinds of awesome hilariousness, plus then you get the whole raid of Shenmue fans support behind the game.

Besides, I think contrast is something this whole series is about. I can honestly say I never saw the day coming the dwarf from Golden Axe and Amy Rose would fight off a horde of zombies from the House of the Dead series... With Tennis Balls.

It's contradicting and in essence it doesn't make much sense. But who cares, it was fun and awesome in some obscure way.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Thinking of the possibility of either Ryo or a Panzer Dragoon dragon, neither of them really fit within the cartoonish style of All-Stars Racing don't you think?

I think the main reason why it seems like they wouldn't fit is because the characters that we've actually seen in game are so cartoony. If we had saw someone like Ryo right around the time that the game was first announced it wouldn't seem so odd.

Edited by Chooch

OBJECTS

IN

ROAR

VIEW

DAMNED

MENACE

MAY

APPEAR

COOLER

IN

REALITY

Just my own Lol

Anyway their really messing with us to not touch the M and D words....

Again, I bet they'll reveal them a month before the release.

Edited by Unholy Sonic

or a guy in a leather coat riding a forklift are particularly realistic or clashing, really. They seem pretty obscurely awesome to me.

Ruo Hazuki driving a forklift in a kart racing game would be the most epic thing ever to happen to the world of cartoony racing games, and would so make me buy this shit day 1

I don't think it's AAUK doing the updates, since someone else posted on the Facebook feed saying they're going to stop spamming it with these :lol:

I enjoyed seeing them on Facebook actually. People spam feeds with stupid quizzes and applications anyway (All of which I hide when I see). Although whoever DOES update the Sega and Sonic feed must get really pissed off with all the bitching and spamming people do there :unsure:

SEGA actually told people to leave complaints and suggestions on their twitter a while ago... and well, they are getting what they asked for.

Anyways, yeah it's not AAUK doing it. SEGA America comes up with these phrases all the time, and they are really annoying. They don't usually drag them out this long though, probably some low cost PR stunt to try and create hype for a new trailer.

Who or what is AAUK?

Anyway, I'd like Ryo in a forklift. I only know the girl from Panzer Dragoon Orta or what ever it was called (the X-Box one). I guess she'd be okay, but I'd rather have Heady!

From what I saw in a reply a few weeks back it seems to be two SEGA employees called Kellie and Matt, I was just kidding saying it was Kev. ;D

Who or what is AAUK?

Some form of SEGA/Sonic guru and one of the main reasons why SoS happened along with Dread. He works as SEGA Europe's community manager I believe and is quite familiar with this board.

I guess she'd be okay, but I'd rather have Heady!

That'd be awesome, but I guess it depends if Treasure want/let him in it. =/

Edited by bolt7

Really, all we need is the first few letters of the D and M word to be revealed before a concrete answer can be gained.

I say it's AAUK doing the updates and it ends up beeing 'Rear View DOOMED Mirror' and we see Black Doom riding a moped.

Am I the only one who'd LOVE to see him in the game as a joke character?

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Really, all we need is the first few letters of the D and M word to be revealed before a concrete answer can be gained.

Am I the only one who'd LOVE to see him in the game as a joke character?

I just imagine Black Doom in like a black coffin car or something, but if he was in, I'd be laughing my ass off, especially since I know everybody would be overreacting. XD

I also demand his special attack be shooting Doom's Eye to the nearest Vehicle and have it grab onto it tightly and ferociously hump it while shouting "No! What are you doing! You failed me! Stop it now!" and slowing the car to a snails pace.

Edited by Dusk Golem

They should bring back Mighty for this :o

Nack would be more fitting he already has a vehicle of sorts (the Marvelous Queen), also Nack is cooler! :lol:

I am still hopeful for more Sonic characters, I know after Knuckles there was supposed to be no more, but I don't think that includes unlockables....I for one will be very dissapointed if there isn't some Sonic goodness unlockable content.

I don't think we're getting any more Sonic characters, period. While it would be cool to have some unlockables, I just don't see it. If we do, though, and its a classic character, Fang would be the best choice. I hate Mighty, anyway. As noted above, Fang's got his Marvelous Queen, which might even be able to count as a "hovercraft," because as I recall, isn't it supposed to be a hovercar of sorts? Or was that something introduced in the Archie comics?

Nack would be more fitting he already has a vehicle of sorts (the Marvelous Queen), also Nack is cooler! :lol:

I am still hopeful for more Sonic characters, I know after Knuckles there was supposed to be no more, but I don't think that includes unlockables....I for one will be very dissapointed if there isn't some Sonic goodness unlockable content.

All the characters in Sonic Drift should make a return in this game. Not only would it fill the roster well, but it'll also please the fans. Adding side characters like Bark the bear, Bean the dynamite, and those who haven't appeared in the main Sonic games would be a nice add on to.

- edit -

If they're going to throw in new characters like Silver they should at least throw in some retro characters.

Edited by A.C.193

All the characters in Sonic Drift should make a return in this game. Not only would it fill the roster well, but it'll also please the fans. Adding side characters like Bark the bear, Bean the dynamite, and those who haven't appeared in the main Sonic games would be a nice add on to.

- edit -

If they're going to throw in new characters like Silver they should at least throw in some retro characters.

Hi. This isn't a Sonic game. That is all.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hi. This isn't a Sonic game. That is all.

- Edit -

If isn't a Sonic game, then why is his name in the title? Just because the game is being develop by another team, doesn't mean it's not a Sonic game.

Edited by A.C.193
  • Thumbs Up 1

If isn't a Sonic game, then why is his name in the title? Just because the game is being develop by another team, doesn't mean it's not a Sonic game.

This was discussed about 60 pages back XD. Its to ensure the game sells well, much like how Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection wasn't actually a Sonic game. Hell, we've been told that the game was originally called SEGA Superstars Racing so if that isn't proof enough that this isn't a Sonic game but rather a SEGA game then I don't know what is. Seriously, there are no more Sonic characters in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1