Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

This was discussed about 60 pages back XD. Its to ensure the game sells well, much like how Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection wasn't actually a Sonic game. Hell, we've been told that the game was originally called SEGA Superstars Racing so if that isn't proof enough that this isn't a Sonic game but rather a SEGA game then I don't know what is. Seriously, there are no more Sonic characters in the game.

Sonic, Big, Shadow, Amy, Knuckles, and Tails? I would say that it's too much as it is, but we aren't even sure how many total characters are even in the game. I know somebody has already mentioned Nights, right?

Sonic, Big, Shadow, Amy, Knuckles, and Tails? I would say that it's too much as it is, but we aren't even sure how many total characters are even in the game.

We were told there are 20 characters I believe. Also, don't forget Dr. Eggman as well. I agree though, 7 Sonic characters in a 20 character game is ridiculous, though with SST having 5 in a 16 character game was just as bad.

We were told there are 20 characters I believe. Also, don't forget Dr. Eggman as well. I agree though, 7 Sonic characters in a 20 character game is ridiculous, though with SST having 5 in a 16 character game was just as bad.

I think it was 24, since they said half the characters when we knew 12.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see any reason why they added Big. I understand Shadow, but Big? Oh well. If there are 24 characters in this game, then expect some great racing characters. Ryo is pretty much assured to be in this game. Nights, definitely. Maybe one of the Crazy Taxi drivers(If thats considered Sega?).

Maybe one of the Crazy Taxi drivers(If thats considered Sega?).
Sega dev'd and branded, can't see why it wouldn't be.

Bring back Gus!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see any reason why they added Big. I understand Shadow, but Big? Oh well.

Because he's quirky and unique. The rest of the Sonic characters in here are all pretty similar (bar Eggman) and basically shoe-ins, so Big is the "hey let's have some fun with this" character. And I think that sort of mindset is important for a game like this. This game isn't "serious business"; it's a lighthearted mascot racer, a crossover game, massive fanservice. For it to be memorable, they've gotta be able to break away from "what should be" and get to "what would be awesome".
  • Thumbs Up 2

I had asked already, but what where are the codes being posted now? No one here is posting them, where are they being posted?

Sega dev'd and branded, can't see why it wouldn't be.

Bring back Gus!

Hell. Bring back the whole original cast.

How about Bayonetta or Jack from Mad World? You think Platinum would allow that?

Because he's quirky and unique. The rest of the Sonic characters in here are all pretty similar (bar Eggman) and basically shoe-ins, so Big is the "hey let's have some fun with this" character. And I think that sort of mindset is important for a game like this. This game isn't "serious business"; it's a lighthearted mascot racer, a crossover game, massive fanservice. For it to be memorable, they've gotta be able to break away from "what should be" and get to "what would be awesome".

I think you have me mistaken. I love Big. But at the same time, I have complaints that Sonic and his devious bunch have too many slots as it is. I don't mind that he is set for the cast,but at the same time, we don't want another SST.

I don't see any reason why they added Big. I understand Shadow, but Big? Oh well. If there are 24 characters in this game, then expect some great racing characters. Ryo is pretty much assured to be in this game. Nights, definitely. Maybe one of the Crazy Taxi drivers(If thats considered Sega?).

From what Travis said at Summer of Sonic, Big is in the game because well... he likes Big. He thought it'd be funny to have a sort of 'elephant on a tricycle' character, which is what he basically is. =P I noticed he even appears in the little square representing the 'VS Race' select screen along with Beat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, we currently know of 12 characters, and it has been confirmed that that's essentially half the cast. So probably between 20-24, the latter (obviously) being the better options. 5/16 is 1/3 of the cast. 7/20 is about 1/3 of the cast as well. 7/24 is slightly less than 1/3 of the cast.

Really, though, I'm not surprised we got two more Sonic characters. I am surprised we got Big. I'm also surprised that, despite the fact it has been confirmed NUMEROUS TIMES that there were only 7 Sonic characters, and it was again confirmed when Knuckles was FINALLY announced, people STILL keep insisting we'll get more Sonic characters. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised about that, but come on... its goddamn common sense. Then again, common sense was thrown out the window years ago.

I hope that this game will be better than the tennis game that Sega released. That was bismal, but I have seen the trailer and it does look good, what with teh special powers that the vehicals have, and a little comedy. I might get the demo before getting the full game.

O--EC-S IN R--R V--W D----- M----R M-Y A-PEAR C-OS-R IN RE-L-TY

Mirror may be the right word...RYO HAZUKY!!!!! Sega please :D

They've actually touched the M word? At long last :D

"Who or what is AAUK?" - Nani? v_v* He's an incredibly awesome if incredibly put upon and unthanked Community Manager for SEGA in charge (or suposedly in charge) of Sonic things online. He's also the webmaster of Sonic Wrecks and is generally full of win.

Yeah I'm not doing those Facebook updates on this one... I would have done, but Kellie kinda started it all of a sudden so it made sense she continued with them. I believe they are using my suggestion of phrase tho.

Bolt7: Oh yes totally. Black Doom would be awesome. YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME!

• Thumbs Up 1

What characters do you guys think are going to beexclusive to each console/company?

Sony: Kratos. I'd rather have Snake but he's not Sony. Sony doesn't really have a Mascot, do they? Pretty much everyone came to other consoles or Cell-Phones.

Microsoft: Master Chief or Banjo and Kazooie. They said Rare or Fable games, but MC would be the most obvious choice, imo. I'd rather have Banjo and KAzooie, though.

Nintendo: Mario, duh.If theres 2 probably Link(On Epona), too. Other Characters would make more sense(Story wise and vehicles Samus or Fox would be cool), but Link and MArio are the most popular ones.

What characters do you guys think are going to beexclusive to each console/company?

Sony: Kratos. I'd rather have Snake but he's not Sony. Sony doesn't really have a Mascot, do they? Pretty much everyone came to other consoles or Cell-Phones.

Microsoft: Master Chief or Banjo and Kazooie. They said Rare or Fable games, but MC would be the most obvious choice, imo. I'd rather have Banjo and KAzooie, though.

Nintendo: Mario, duh.If theres 2 probably Link(On Epona), too. Other Characters would make more sense(Story wise and vehicles Samus or Fox would be cool), but Link and MArio are the most popular ones.

Well Id love having Mario on his Kart and Link on Epona on mi Wii version, but I doubt we are getting the exclusive character treatment for all consoles, and perhaps its just another SEGA character the other versions dont have =/... well thats still good :P

Drake from Uncharted. But that wouldn't make sense and he would be so out of place with a bunch of anime-esque characters.

I don't really see Drake being MAscot material. He just doesn't look iconic enough. When you see him you don't think Playstation, you think something more like Action Game.

When you see Mario,Sonic or Master Chief you think Nintendo,SEGA and X-Box/Microsoft.

Drake just looks like a typical action hero, imo.

I don't really see Drake being MAscot material. He just doesn't look iconic enough. When you see him you don't think Playstation, you think something more like Action Game.

When you see Mario,Sonic or Master Chief you think Nintendo,SEGA and X-Box/Microsoft.

Drake just looks like a typical action hero, imo.

Lets not have this discussion go a little off topic but when you said Master Chief as a mascot of Xbox 360 and then panned Drake as not being mascot material because he is a typical action hero, you are kind of contradicting yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that. :D

MC, though looking like a typical action hero, is somehow more original feeling to me. Don't know why. o.O

Maybe it's because it was the first big game for X-Box. I don't know.

But your right, we shouldn't get so off-topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sony doesn't really have an official mascot. The closest they have to one is Ratchet or a Sackboy and they aren't exactly owned by Sony. I'd be fine with either, but I'd prefer Ratchet. He's been around for a while now and hasn't had a single game released on something other than a Sony console outside of Going Mobile which was for the cell phone.