Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Skateboard? Why not his awesome roller blades that he always uses? :(

Because everyone knows skateboarders are waaaay cooler than roller bladers jeez! :lol:(curses the fact that he lost his old SSMB name Super_Sonic_sk8er)

I am assuimg it is just a typo, or a spoken version of a typo....a speak-o..? ha! Kinda like when they called super Sonic magic Sonic or something in another interview.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Because everyone knows skateboarders are waaaay cooler than roller bladers jeez! :lol:(curses the fact that he lost his old SSMB name Super_Sonic_sk8er)

I am assuimg it is just a typo, or a spoken version of a typo....a speak-o..? ha! Kinda like when they called super Sonic magic Sonic or something in another interview.

This is just an instance of the interviewer not knowing or caring enough about the material they're reporting on to be completely accurate(like all the times we've seen "rings" = "coins" or "Tails the Squirrel" and "Knuckles the Mole"). The developers have put a lot of effort so far in properly representing each franchise and have even directly stated that they experimented using Beat on his roller blades instead of a vehicle. So chalk this one up to writer apathy until footage shows otherwise.

Knuckles the Mole technically IS accurate... if you're refering to the OVA of course XD

Knuckles the Mole technically IS accurate... if you're refering to the OVA of course XD

Design wise Knuckles pretty much is a mole. His dreadlocks are the only thing differentiating him between a regular mole and a "spiny" mole.

Edited by Yong

We might not see Blaze the cat, but we might still see Streets of Rage Blaze. :lol:

I just realised how perfect it would be to add in some CRAAAAZY TAXI characters.

I'll be pretty mad if they don't have at least one. (at least as an unlockable!)

---

Also, I'd love to drive through Seaside Hill as Vectorman and see Ecco swim by...

And THE OOZE. Somewhere. (It'd be hilarious to see him drive a car, though. XD)

and Ristar? Pleeeeeease?

Edited by Dashing Blue

I just realised how perfect it would be to add in some CRAAAAZY TAXI characters.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, a character from that game would fit in perfectly.^^

Dunno if this is old (seems new to me) a Preview from the Official Nintendo Magazine. Of course I knew they would go with the "emulate mario kart" thingy, they cant understand there are so many kart games but oh well...anyways they seem to like it very much! thats good to hear you can read it here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...le.php?id=11060 Also I havent seen this panoramic view of seaside hill track! Ill upload it in case u are too lazy to go and see.

post-493-1251477607_thumb.jpg

That article is horrible, Mario Kart isn't the only kart game. Idiots.

You are over-reacting, sure they are idiots thinking that Sonic is copying Mario, but overall they are impressed, not that bad of a preview.

Edited by dabbido

I'm fairly impressed with the graphics for the Wii version. I just may take back what I said about that version sucking.

Time will tell.

EDIT: Okay... that was the 360/PS3 one. I must say then that I'm not impressed. Where's mah Wii version?

Edited by Skull

I may be the dumb one here but I don't see a difference between the wii version (according to the screens from that site/source) and the 360/PS3. They look the same to me.

I may be the dumb one here but I don't see a difference between the wii version (according to the screens from that site/source) and the 360/PS3. They look the same to me.

In fact. I think no wii version was availble...was it? Those are the 360/ps3 screenshots...

That's correct. All of the screenshots on there are old. It's common play for screenshots of the wrong version to be shown if none of the right ones exist. They did it with Unleashed for several months.

Sega Superstars Tennis looked roughly the same on the Wii. The only real differences was the reduction in resolution and shader quality. I haven't played it, so I can't confirm as to whether it's the same as the console version, so I guess time will tell.

That article is horrible, Mario Kart isn't the only kart game. Idiots.

I'm sure they know that, they listed several examples after all.

One more thing, about a quote from Kotaku:

(Unfortunately, I was told that Sega's relatively more realistic racing series won't cross over into this one. So no Daytona cars in this game, it seems.)

At first, this had me depressed, but then I remembered that Sega has made far more realistic racing games than Daytona. However, I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Sega screwing up in this regard. It would be rather annoying to be using the input for drifting from Daytona in a game that doesn't include any Daytona cars. As far as I'm concerned, if they included a race car in a crossover fighting game, they have little excuse not to have it in a crossover racing game. I'm also a tad worried about Outrun making an appearance, will Sega not want to get the Ferrari License for it? I'd even be fine with driving a look alike without the official branding.

SST Wii/PS2:

sega-superstars-tennis-20080110020051115.jpg

SST 360-/PS3:

sega-superstars-tennis-screens-20080304000006914.jpg

The Wii/PS2 version is clearly worse looking that the 360/PS3 one. Shading and lighting are different, and the colours are much darker and duller on the less powerful systems. Models were also lower poly.

SST Wii/PS2:

sega-superstars-tennis-20080110020051115.jpg

SST 360-/PS3:

sega-superstars-tennis-screens-20080304000006914.jpg

The Wii/PS2 version is clearly worse looking that the 360/PS3 one. Shading and lighting are different, and the colours are much darker and duller on the less powerful systems. Models were also lower poly.

They are different, and the PS3/Wii version of course is better, but the main point is they weren't DRASTICALLY different, and with that, they still held the same style overall and didn't change up the fields really, they still looked just fine.

The graphic difference, while blatantly noticable, is restricted to slightly lower-poly models and shading and lighting. And even then, the Wii version could still have looked a lot better, amusingly enough. Galaxy looks tons better than that screen.

Edited by The Sniper

And even then, the Wii version could still have looked a lot better, amusingly enough. Galaxy looks tons better than that screen.

Well that isn't saying much Galaxy is the only ''good'' looking game on Wii, it would look pretty bad if the makers of the console couldn't even take full advantage of the graphical power of their own system (ranted Nintendo other spin offs games don't look that great either).

They are different, and the PS3/Wii version of course is better, but the main point is they weren't DRASTICALLY different, and with that, they still held the same style overall and didn't change up the fields really, they still looked just fine.

Yep you are right. Theyre not that drastically different. Even if the wii version is more polygony in fact I like the wii screenshot better in this comparison, the other one makes my eyes bleed ;_; plus the wii screenshot is an early one it seems, since there are no chao, no characters and the p1 com thingy is not the same. Lets Hope SaSASR (big name) looks almost the same like in SST!

I'm listening to te live streaming...it seems that NiGHTS has been confirmed...and I belive to have heard that each char will be able to drive different vheicles.

EDIT: also there will be the musics from tennis , and a lot more

EDIT 2: They're open to new SEGA All stars games

EDIT 3: They're asking wich chars the public want to see in the game, and at the answer "Ristar", their reaction seemed good, I take it as a hint.

I want to say that I'm iatlian, and listening to fast american language is not easy...maybe I couldn't understand well

EDIT 4: They're putting on some strange sonic videos never seen before, sort of action GC video...the monitor is very little, I can't see very well

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Right now writing what I hear from the Summer of Sonic Q&A session. Mind you Piano Music is playin in the way...

-One guy apparently reads forums and is in charge of bugging the developers to put in as many SEGA fanboy stuff in as they can. They think about the main characters, the characters who would be cool or awesome to play as and fan requests. Ristar a shoe-in?

-Characters not put into Tennis they wished were in: Huge list; Originally planned 108 characters into Superstar Tennis. (XD) Knuckles only example though.

- Design and art style Go for newer and old Sonic, they like them to clash a little with the originals and newer ones. They said the last one they used Green Hill, and they can't do the same thing again, so they thought what was the next remembered stage like that; Seaside Hill.

-They approached the game with their "Sunshine" Engine, and build the game from the ground-up and think what they want from the game and what the fans want and build.

-Talk about it being compared to Mario Kart. They said they didn't try to, they tried to make it like Outrun, so it's more like Outrun than Mario Kart.

-Weapons weren't initially planned and put in later for more varied matches.

-Based it more on Sonic R than Riders or Drift.

-Accidentally confirmed NiGHTS, and apparently they went to the biggest NiGHTS fansite and asked what they wanted from the game, and tried to please them, they like to put in characters to please all the fans, but they can't put in everyone.

-Chose Big on a tiny bike because it was kinda' cool.

-Say they try to balance type of characters, like have enough females or recent characters or retro characters or famous characters or cult characters; and make a varied and awesome cast.

-For the Vehicles, they made most of them, but sometimes Sonic Team or SEGA or sometimes the original designers of the characters even made the vehicles for the game!

-ONLINE CONFIRMED FOR WII!!!

-Richard Jacques working on the soundtrack for Superstar Racing, original music in along with some surprises...

-Apparently in October they are going to reveal some character that the developer wishes he had that characters vehicle. Also someone drives a tractor...? o.o

-They apparently are planning to make more Superstar Games after this, some game decisions they choose but sometimes SEGA asks them to make a game. Also some characters they have to talk with the developers because some developers like to put them, "In-Character" so they have to make sure they don't displease the makers.

-SEGA Superstar Brawl confirmed...? XD Nah, they are interested in making a fighting game.

-Fan Requests: Ristar (asked twice), Opa-Opa, Vectorman, Reala, Jackal, Phantasy Star Online racing course, Metal Sonic, Mario (XD), Outrun Girlfriend (the developers rip on this guy that she would be useless and bitch slap people), Kintobor, Axel from Street of Rage in a SWAT Car (freaking awesome the developer says), Mephiles, Landee from Sehnmue, Ryu in a Forklift Truck (they both seem to laugh at this... hmn?), and they hint at the end of this list some of these series and suggestions may already be in (8D).

I think that's it. There we go!

A LITTLE LAG AND A FEW PROBLEMS, BUT RIGHT NOW UPLOADING THE AUDIO FOR WHOEVER MISSED IT TO LISTEN IN, BE UP SHORTLY!!!

Edited by Rice Golem

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NQQYY58X

Here's the 24 minute-long interview, some lag and and piano playing at the beginning, live recording so sorry it couldn't be better, but there you go.

EDIT: Geh, meant to edit... Sorry for the Double Post...

Edited by Rice Golem

-Richard Jacques working on the soundtrack for Superstar Racing, original music in along with some surprises...

YES!

I hope "original music" and "some surprises" means more than the main theme tune and Space Harrier remix we got in SST.