Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

And, like the Banjo Trailer, the SEGA logo was "messed" with

I really hope to see this in game, the SEGA logo could be randomnly messed up everytime you boot the game, 1 mess-up per characther...

So, sometimes you see Sonic, others you see Ryo, others you see Big, and so on...

Also, thanks for the info Phos. :)

How did that happen? o.O Don't they get the boxarts directly from the companys?

Thats what I thought, so I can't begin to imagine how this even happened :lol:

I wonder if anyone seeing this false box art has pre-ordered from them expecting Banjo-Kazooie to be in that version :lol:

I still think it's really odd that Banjo and Kazooie landed themselves into a Sonic (well, SEGA) game. That's the last two characters I'd ever see making an appearance in this. XD

But if the 360 version has Banjo Kazooie, what about the other platforms? Snake in the PS3 and PSP version? Mario on Wii and DS? If there's only a cameo on the 360 version, that's unfair. >.>

Pasta!

Edited by Ita-Chan

As far as we know, only 360 will get guest characters. But, you know, "Men.. Will always dream!"

And there is no PSP version,, I believe..

Edited by Marcello Claus

PC Box art revealed

PCSO07.jpg

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCSO07-Sonic%20and%20SEGA%20All%20Stars%20Racing.html

Again there is no exclusive character on the box, just the same as every version but the Xbox 360 version except you can see slightly more of the pic. Still it's definitely the cheapest version out of the lot of 'em.

Shopto: £14.85

HMV: £12.99

^ Banjo-Kazooie is on the 360 box art to increase sales. Its dumb though as these exclusive characters should be secret characters.

^ Banjo-Kazooie is on the 360 box art to increase sales. Its dumb though as these exclusive characters should be secret characters.

I'm sure Sumo Digital will make it so you have to unlock alot of the characters, maybe even the format exclusive characters if there are any more.

EDIT: S0L details rubber banding, can be switched off -

You can enable catch-up for human players (in Multiplayer that is, both online and split-screen), but the aim is for the weapons and All-Stars to do the movement through the pack.

Or you can turn it off - and see who is actually better at racing :P

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5433198&postcount=9

You can enable catch-up for human players (in Multiplayer that is, both online and split-screen), but the aim is for the weapons and All-Stars to do the movement through the pack.

---

S0L

---

Sega All-Stars 1 Mario Kart 0. This certainly makes me very happy and I'm glad they implemented it.

---

S0L

---

Why do I get the feeling that 99.9% of all online races will have rubber-banding turned on?

Edited by Black Spy

YAY! for 2 things:

1) My version is the cheapest one xD

2) PC DVD! NO download! :D

---

S0L

---

Sumo does what Nintendon't :P

Sounds awesome, but does that include singleplayer too?

YAY! for 2 things:

1) My version is the cheapest one xD

2) PC DVD! NO download! :D

Sumo does what Nintendon't :P

Sounds awesome, but does that include singleplayer too?

That's what I wondered but the way he says "In Multiplayer that is," I think we can safely say that doesn't include singleplayer.

Lol @ "Sumo does what Nintendon't :P "

ME FAILS

Just realised he was talking about "rubber banding" as a feature that gives the less skilled player a handy cap, I though they were talking about "rubber band AI", that's why S0L said "in multiplayer", I don't think there is going to be another player in Singleplayer mode right? :P

Though, I will still like to know about "rubber band AI" being (or not) in the game.

Edited by christmasrafan

ME FAILS

Just realised he was talking about "rubber banding" as a feature that gives the less skilled player a handy cap, I though they were talking about "rubber band AI", that's why S0L said "in multiplayer", I don't think there is going to be another player in Singleplayer mode right? :P

Though, I will still like to know about "rubber band AI" being (or not) in the game.

As long as the rubber banding AI isn't too bad I'll be fine, it's more of a challenge in singleplayer anyway but in multi-player on or offline it can be pretty annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rubber banding is when the AI keeps the same distance and speed from you, right? If not what is it?

How can it exist in multiplayer, though?

Rubber banding is when the AI keeps the same distance and speed from you, right? If not what is it?

Rubber Banding is when the game helps players at the back of the race catch up. Mario Kart for example gives the better weapons like Blue Shell's, Red Shells, Mushrooms, Star Power, Bullet Bill etc... to players at the back to help them catch up while players at the front just get weapons like single banana's and single green shells.

So if a player get's knocked to the back(rubber band pulls back), they get better items to get themselves to the front(rubber band springs).

This can happen in single player with the computer controlled players and in multiplayer.

You are talking about "rubber band AI" (you are making the smae mistake I did yesterday), rubber banding itself is a feature(?) that let's a less skilled player (human player) keep up with the most skilled one...

This may include some help in locking weapons and some random items conveniently appear during the race to help the player who is behind... or maybe not, I honestly don't know since I never watched it for myself so I'm just guessing :P

The first part in my the post is true though.

*Waits for Shadzter to give a more accurate reply

EDIT: ninja'd, but I was surprisingly right in some things D:

Edited by christmasrafan

OHHHHH... Damn it I hate that. I very rarely get 3 red/green shells in first or second place (I got it one time in MK Wii...) I like having my shell shield :(. I wish/hope it could/can be turned off in single player here..

If you read my thoughts earlier in this topic from the demo I played at SOS, the single player most certainly has rubber banding, and yes it's noticable.

I have one of those Wii Wheels from a multi-pack I got as a gift (not ASR themed of course). They were designed before the MK Wheel came along and as a result the design is backwards, meaning that you have to hold it upside down for it to function properly. Terrible.