Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Thanks!

Nah, if I truly wanted to troll I'd use a better excuse than a time machine. It looks nice in the case, btw. Looks much better next to Unleashed and '06 than next to Superstars Tennis (which never had a very good Sega-like logo, IMO)

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Four screenshots courtesy MundoRare:

ss-ssasrwbk-003.jpg

Damn that is freaking EPIC! Near vertical drop DOWN A F*CKING VOLCANO! YOU CAN NOT GET MORE AWESOME THAN THAT.

• Thumbs Up 1

News'd

Thanks again for the link NinMicroSega, damn Microsoft and Silverlighting their images :rolleyes:

As pointed out by Black Spy the volcano thing looks epic.

I'm puzzled by the tracking bar in the Avatar screenshot though, 3 laps? Surely a map would be in place for a normal 3 lap race? :huh:

Look's like All Star moves will have interactivity too judging by the tapping A button on screen instruction for that Avatar All Star move. I seem to remember similar button tapping things happening during All Stars moves when playing at SoS.

Okay quite random, but while we're kinda on the subject of 3rd party characters, Travis Touchdown for Wii anybody?

I fucking loved No More Heroes and seeing Travis drive his Shepel Tiger alongside Sonic and Robotnik would be fucking badass.

They'd have to REALLY tone Travis (Touch)down to make him fit....I mean a murdering anime perverted assasin would be really hard to fit next to Shadow the Hedgehog......

Ok somewhat Bad Example

Edited by Twilight Spines

Okay quite random, but while we're kinda on the subject of 3rd party characters, Travis Touchdown for Wii anybody?

I fucking loved No More Heroes and seeing Travis drive his Shepel Tiger alongside Sonic and Robotnik would be fucking badass.

Why would Travis represent the Nintendo version when he's not even a Nintendo character? Also he's not even exclusive to Nintendo's system anymore. I'd much rather see an actual Nintendo character, Mario or not.

Anyway that trailer made it seem like the 360 version would be the only version with exclusive characters. I guess I read wrong when I read the game would be equal in content in all versions and that each version is getting as much care as the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

^It is possible the Wii/PS3/DS/PC versions could get some more SEGA-only goodness, like more SEGA songs or stages. That's probably what S0L meant.

Anyway, it seems to me that the vehicle classes are imbalanced with the current roster:

Race Cars

Sonic (Race Car)

Amy (Buggy)

AiAi (Banana Mobile)

Beat (Mustang-like vehicle)

Billy Hatcher (Egg Pod Car)

Zobio & Zobiko (Hot Rod)

Xbox Avatars (F-1 clone)

Off-Roaders

Knuckles (Spiked ATV)

Doctor Robotnik Eggman (Egg Mobile)

Amigo (Mexicanized ATV)

Banjo-Kazooie (Bucket Bolt Jeep)

Bikes

Shadow (Chopper)

Big (Scooter/Moped)

Ryo Hazuki (Harley clone)

Alex Kidd (Kawasaki clone)

Flying

Tails

Wow. Horribly imbalanced. I wonder what they are going to do to make up for the lack of flying characters?

Ristar confirmed?

Edited by NinMicroSega

Under my avatar is my comment on the trailer.

Second, we need an option where we can choose a S0L avatar for the All-Star Move.

Third, this game was made of WIN since SEGA & Sumo planned to create this game!

Fourth, *gone building a time-machine to get the game ASAP*.

Now here is a question for you all:

Which box type are we getting?

I seriously hope we do not get #1...

I would like the box that appears to have an additional game already in it.

By the way, guys... deja vu?

The man intrusted his job to his son and that is who we heard in the latest trailer of SASR.

He had the same energy voice while talking, same style of description of the game and same talking speed just like his father.

He did a fine job raising his son...

I'm a bit late into the game, but Banjo Kazooie? Okay, don't mind, but I was expecting Master Chief, MS's well-known face/mascot, to join into the racing fray. Well, him and maybe the Arbiter as an extra (as DLC probably). It would be cool to race with Halo vehicles like:

094e4d58087b628e55dd522e3904ea56_1197094827_SPLASH.jpg

1_1099368333.jpg

Or how about a mini-version of this?

halo-the-scarab.jpg

I've noted earlier that were one to buy the ODST costume for their avatar, they would technically be racing as a Halo character. Same goes for Clonetroopers and Bioshock (at least the Bioshock helmet).

halo-3-odst-avatar-awardables-01.jpg

picture1xn.png

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Some people have been asking for the Nintendo Power article a while back and I just scanned and uploaded it. There's nothing new in it unfortunately, except some maybe new screens for the Wii and DS, and Space Channel 5 is confirmed again as a playable franchise.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8720/np250sasasr.png

News'd

Thanks for the scan, given you a mention in the article.

Those new screenshots look cool.

Four screenshots courtesy MundoRare:

ss-ssasrwbk-001.jpg

So, no stage maps? :-/ Just a line to show how far you are... Too bad :( Who is that on the left of the line-map thing?

I couldn't either. Ratchet and Clank > Banjo and Kazooie. :P

=[ ] WHAT?! NOOOO! Banjo and Kazooie >>>>>>> Ratchet and Clank (The use of a bunch of > shows that :-/) Banjo and Kazooie ar so cool, they don't even need the word "and" in their game title :)

Edited by Marcello Claus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT OFF!!!!!!! MAH AYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehem...

Anyways watching closer to the... Map?... Don't you think this looks like a mission?

It looks like that's the point of the map, seeing so much alternate paths makes me think about a maze race... the mission is winning the race by getting out of the maze , 3 times (laps).

EDIT: the character in the picture looks like Tails Doll that zombie guy from HotD EX

Edited by christmasrafan

I thought about the possibility of it being a mission too, it has 3 laps and there are 3 sections on that tracking bar too. There are also arrows pointing in the different directions aswell which I can't see being there in a standard race. Wonder what the mission could be?

Would be funny if there was a "Who can drive away from the Tails Doll the fastest?" mission with Tails doll floating after you Sonic R style :lol:

I think that face on the tracking bar is one of the zombie characters,

Were overhead maps confirmed?

I could go either way. I enjoy racing games where you have to watch the track for upcoming turns rather than watching a little icon in the upper corner, makes it more realistic.

edit: I actually think the icon is Banjo, considering we see the beginning of this race at the start of the trailer. See him? like a quarter view of him looking down and to the right?

79420182.jpg

See? Banjo-Kazooie and 2 hammers crossed behind them

Lol at the Tails Doll stuff.. xD

I think its like Shadzter said the Zombies. I can't think of anyone else who it looks like. Why would Banjo be goldish on his icon?

BTW, Shadzter. Whats the deal? You changed your Avatar D=. I didn't recognize you at first! Now I have to read names! ;_;

I was going with BK as the HotD racers weren't seen in the trailer, so I assumed that since the Avatar is seen in that "map", then BK most likely are also up there.

Anywho, are there any All-Star moves that we have yet to see?