Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Believe me Indigo, it really isn't. Unless you're idea of cool is getting your hands crushed by a poorly made controller.

Believe me Indigo, it really isn't. Unless you're idea of cool is getting your hands crushed by a poorly made controller.

I think Indigo may have been referring to the ASR themed one, not the one you mentioned but yeah usually third party ones are poorly designed and don't even have a hole at the back for the strap to go through. This ASR themed one look's to at least have the strap hole and look's pretty well designed, hopefully it'll work as well as the Nintendo one. I've informed Steve Lycett on his Facebook that we've discovered this ASR themed Wii Wheel and am waiting to see if he comments on it.

I think Indigo may have been referring to the ASR themed one, not the one you mentioned but yeah usually third party ones are poorly designed and don't even have a hole at the back for the strap to go through. This ASR themed one look's to at least have the strap hole and look's pretty well designed, hopefully it'll work as well as the Nintendo one. I've informed Steve Lycett on his Facebook that we've discovered this ASR themed Wii Wheel and am waiting to see if he comments on it.

As am I. They're the same design and an uncomfortable mess.

Cas: Go buy a non-PS3.

^ Oh, my bad :lol:

I wonder if this ASR themed Wii Wheel is one of the thing's which S0L was referring to when he posted this -

Who says there isn't other things on the other consoles :P

There's no Banjo or Avatar specific track either, they're extra 360 specific racers. The blue ball is our Bowling Bomb. Think Bomb, think Bowling Ball, mix them together and BOOM!

We're still putting focus on every platform, yes 360 has some exclusives, but that doesn't mean we don't care about PS3, Wii, PC and DS. Bear in mind this is one of Sega's big games for next year and we're doing our very best to give it that triple A feel.

---

S0L

---

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/topic/1347-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/page__view__findpost__p__107689

So I wonder what the PS3, DS and PC version's might be getting?

My guesses -

PS3: Exclusive character/DLC, a PS3 Dynamic Theme, a Home space or Home clothing.

DS: ASR themed stylus or DS sock (those sock's seem to be the latest trend.)

PC: Exclusive character/DLC, ASR themed mouse or USB stick.

That would be so lame if the Wii versions "exclusive content" was a Wii Wheel knock off. :^/

I'm still undecided on getting the PS3 or Wii version. I'll most likely pick up the one that has the better exclusive feature. If the track design is different I might also pick up the other version that I don't grab first, after a price drop anyway.

Thanks to Hero of Legend we have got an hi-res version of the ASR Wii Wheel pic. For some reason they've made the game's logo black and white which just looks weird in my oppinion.

Hi-Res-ASR-Wii-Wheel.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like a (fake) chrome logo thing that almost every steering wheel has.

UK PS3 version region locked?

Play.com are listing under Technical Details that the PS3 version of the game is region locked which is odd considering normally all PS3 games are region free.

Technical Details

Region

PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation3 only

Rating

7+ (PEGI)

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10165047/Sonic-Sega-All-Stars-Racing/Product.html

They don't list that info for the other versions though, very weird indeed. They seem to have this marked on some but not all other PS3 games like The Saboteur. So are recent and upcoming game's region locked on PS3 now or are Play just being stupid?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like a (fake) chrome logo thing that almost every steering wheel has.

Hmm, that could work. I'd still prefer a flat colored logo though.

Has anyone else noticed in the Christmas trailer that Sumo Digital seem to have changed it so Sonic doesn't give his Super Sonic victims the middle finger now? At 0:56 Sonic rams Billy Hatcher as Super Sonic but continues on without sticking his middle finger up as he did in earlier demo's/trailers.

Video

Also, from the looks of it, Sonic and co' eyes are still unable to move, resulting in them having to rotate their entire head to look in a different direction. It was quite jarring to notice in Sega Superstars Tennis... and it appears to be just as bad this time around. The sporadic head movements paired with the lifeless painted on eyes is a definite no-no.

tailssasasrwbk.jpg

Lookin' pretty doofy there, Tails.

tailsmasatog.png

Eyes done right.

Get around to fixing this if a fourth Sega Superstars comes to fruition, kthx.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan

Also, from the looks of it, Sonic and co' eyes are still unable to move, resulting in them having to rotate their entire head to look in a different direction. It was quite jarring to notice in Sega Superstars Tennis... and it appears to be just as bad this time around. The sporadic head movements paired with the lifeless painted on eyes is a definite no-no.

...At least in this game the majority of the gameplay focuses on the backs of the characters' heads. Turning the whole head to look around makes more sense in a driving game, I guess.

Sped up in that trailer, though, it really did look like Sonic and Tails were having uncontrollable spasms before the start of the race. Not a great trailer.

tailssasasrwbk.jpg

DERP DERP DERP

For some reason, this picture made my day.

(edit: Why the negative rep...? O.o)

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno about these trailers lately. First that guy is screaming at me in the Banjo trailer like it's a wrestling game. AWWW YEAH FUCKIN' BANJO AND KAZOOIE! SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM! Now this Bayonetta sounding lady is singing an awfully written Christmas song. I know this is all unintentional cheesiness that doesn't reflect on the game, but we could have better promo material. I actually can't wait to see what the commercial spots will be. Winter Games had some funny ones.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

I kinda wonder why sumo digitals sonic character models have such weird mouths. I just cant seem to get that..

Also, I would certainly hope that the DS character models have gone through a complete rehaul since their last outing in Sega Superstars Tennis. I mean...

sega-superstars-tennis-200802141056.jpg

what is this i dont even

• Thumbs Up 3

I kinda wonder why sumo digitals sonic character models have such weird mouths. I just cant seem to get that..

They use the Storybook Series models (also seen in Brawl, Olympics and the Rush series). They're just always visible in these games and make everyone look gormless.

tailssasasrwbk.jpg

It's Down Syndrome Tails (DST)!

sega-superstars-tennis-200802141056.jpg

The Sonic and Shadow's faces sums my thoughs about that model =/

thanks Hunter, that pictures just destroyed all the good impression and respect I had for SUMO.... :(