Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

DO WE BOAT ON CLOUDS?

That reminds me of something...oh yeah! One Piece...that..Skypia Arc.

Nvm, Sky Sanctuary is okay in my book! I love flight, and I hope that this confirms a Sky Sanctuary racetrack.

• Thumbs Up 1

no Sky Sanctuary music please, it's not really the best around... I'd prefer Windy and Ripply, or something fresher :P

Uh, guys, it may be meant to represent Death Egg as a Classic Track, cause it's the centerpiece of the background.

That would be Jun Senoue.

And Richard Jacques. Sky Sanctuary Modern was a collaborative effort between them. Classic Seaside Hill was solely by Jacques.

Edited by Blue Blood

I would have liked something else, since Generations already did it, but I can't help but get excited at flying through Sky Sanctuary Zone :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, guys, it may be meant to represent Death Egg as a Classic Track, cause it's the centerpiece of the background.

Possibly. But it would also make sense that we would get a land/air Sonic IP stage to balance out the land/sea one we've already got. Sky Sanctuary fits that bill.

And Richard Jacques. Sky Sanctuary Modern was a collaborative effort between them. Classic Seaside Hill was solely by Jacques.

Ah, you are correct. Just checked the booklet online! My bad.

Possibly. But it would also make sense that we would get a land/air Sonic IP stage to balance out the land/sea one we've already got. Sky Sanctuary fits that bill.

What about Starlight Carnival? Sure it's in space, but it's Land/Air last time I checked.

Yeah, I expected a third Sonic stage, but Sky Sanctuary seems redundant for S&K cause we already have Death Egg is all.

I don't think so, they're actually quite accurate in these things...they are maybe representing both stages, it is nice to race on Sky Sanctuary and seeing the Death Egg in the sky which is actually another track to race on!

Anyway, back on clouds, do u think we will be able to surf through "whiteness"??? :P

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Ah, you are correct. Just checked the booklet online! My bad.

Does make me wonder though, what would he have picked for this stages music? You Can Do Anything was hardly an obvious choice for Seaside Hill, so this should be exceedingly interesting!

Oh hey, all the new Sonic stages have something in common- Seaside Hill, Sky Sanctuary, Starlight Carnival.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think this is a fantastic choice! And I bow to SEGA, Sumo and the almighty Segata Sanshiro.

They're covering a a number of console generations and a number of tropes, which is great.

Sky Sanctuary: ruins trope, possibility of Death Egg looming in the background and Egg Robos on the track

Death Egg: Eggman's base trope, will probably be the same track as before given it is a returning track

Seaside Hill: tropical trope, all the Sonic staples including checkerboards and palm trees

Starlight Carnival: outerspace/carnival trope

Really, they could stop at four, but I sort of hope they give us a Sonic Adventure series track. Ice Cap or Pyramid Cave would be excellent.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really hoping to see Ice Cap now... well, mostly the Ice Cap music. A snow level is a must, and they could add something from S4 Ep. 2 's White Park.

I like the fact they're choosing different surfaces to swim and fly in...

we have water and lava for now, and something else like clouds, quicksands and the green poison from House of the Dead would be nice

Or that someone from Sumo says this isn't art from the game.

You what happened when they said that with the boxart. :P

bitter

..No fucking way. You can't be serious.

If Sky Sanctuary is actually in this game..

Ugh, I'll wait.

I just screamed like a little girl at a One Direction Concert because Sky Sanctuary is in!!!!! Aww yeah im off to preorder this right now so c u later!

Hell yeah Sky Sanctuary! Even though it was in Generations, it's the perfect track for the flying mode, and a logical choice in my opinion. Can't wait to hear the remix as well.

Edited by Zero

I'd have much preferred a level that hadn't already received the HD treatment, but of all the levels in Generations, this or Chemical Plant would have been my choice.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

can't say i'm happy with the predictable sonic choices for the tracks, i mean they could of gone for better choices like Hydrocity something from R, or even a HD handheld level, it'll look good but i'm starting to question how far they've stretched into SEGA's history and what assets they have at their disposal because so far, barring a few surprise reveals (Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia) everything has been rather reminiscent of past SEGA All Stars series, or typical franchises SEGA have used/re-released recently...

• Thumbs Up 1

ok, now we have 5 more stages to be revealed (1 of them beeing returning) as well as all the 5 arenas...

we miss an ice level, and that might be the Billy Hatcher's returning one

I keep feeling like the budget for this game is not massively huger than the budget for the last one, and they're having to be very careful with how much "new" stuff they can produce considering they can't pull the "three tracks with the same aesthetic" stuff like last time. All the Sonic tracks thus far have re-used assets, with the exception of maybe Starlight Carnival, but that's so recent I imagine all the full quality assets (that would have been toned down for perfomance etc in the final game) are still avaliable for that too.

I get the feeling that they've put all the main time and budget into the tracks that don't have existing HD assets to work from to reduce workload.

I mean it completely makes sense from a realistic standpoint, and I don't want to seem unappreciative, I'm sure all these tracks will have new things in like the octopus in Seaside Hill etc, but... still.

It's a shame because it's a bit of a "negative" subject to talk about with regards to the development so I imagine anyone from SUMO would be obligated to not comment. Which if it's the case, again that totally makes sense, ANY kind of bad PR is foolish, but it does mean we'll probably never know either way how much the track choices were for convenience and how much they were because they really wanted to do these particular tracks.

Ah well, at least I didn't cave and spend the ridiculous asking price on the Death Egg DLC, so that'll be brand new to me. 8D And Starlight Carnival is still gonna be a treat in HD.

ok, now we have 5 more stages to be revealed (1 of them beeing returning) as well as all the 5 arenas...

we miss an ice level, and that might be the Billy Hatcher's returning one

Agreed. I would love to see Ice Cap, but I think Blizzard Castle will be returning as the ice track.

Edited by Pawn

Oh hey, all the new Sonic stages have something in common- Seaside Hill, Sky Sanctuary, Starlight Carnival.

Seaside Hill -> Ocean View

Starlight Carnival -> Galactic Parade

....did the Death Egg level can a new name?

I am the only who isn't happy with Sky Sanctuary being a track? That's 2 out of 3 re-used levels, and those 2 are from Generations, they're pratically just re-using all the assets. Not calling it lazy or anything.. ok it is.. a little. I was hoping for something totaly new, like a Sonic CD track or even Sonic 1, Labyrinth Zone would make an excelent water and ground track if you ask me. Or even better, Hidrocity or Ice Cap :(

Edited by Jango