Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Miku?

Fuu....... I cant stand her!

You want to sell lots of games in Japan?

Put him in:

142771-079.jpg

Edited by Unidus

This is a GREAT idea! Seriously, who doesn't want to play as Luffy? All I'd hope is that, if he did make it, he wouldn't be a Japanese exclusive.

Luffy would be an awesome addition imo, but I don't really see it happening, then again, I couldn't really see Danica being added either...

Lol, Luffy is so funny to look at. Anyway I wouldn't have a problem with Hatsune Miku being a racer, but her inclusion seems pretty unlikely to me, unless Japan gets the game this time.

Edited by Lungo

they where console exclusive characters fyi, exactly which console does the Megaman franchise belong to? none?

exactly.

Is that really the point? I mean you were just arguing a second ago that Mega Man wouldn't fit, so I don't see why Banjo's exempt from this requirement just because he's console exclusive. If he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit. At least Mega Man's got some miniscule connection to Sonic, compared to Banjo who has none.

i don't mind if it's Luffy either, got to love One Piece!

This is a GREAT idea! Seriously, who doesn't want to play as Luffy? All I'd hope is that, if he did make it, he wouldn't be a Japanese exclusive

Not to mention, Luffy just seems more plausible. I honestly think that if Miku were in the game she would be a Japanese exclusive.

bwuh? He's got even less of a connection to Sonic than Banjo.

Also the game's probably not going to Japan at all, but tell me: Even if it were, why would Sumo Digital, a developer based in the UK, make a region exclusive character that won't even be in the country the game was developed in? And why would Luffy be Japan-only? One Piece has a dub.

Is that really the point? I mean you were just arguing a second ago that Mega Man wouldn't fit, so I don't see why Banjo's exempt from this requirement just because he's console exclusive. If he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit. At least Mega Man's got some miniscule connection to Sonic, compared to Banjo who has none.

bwuh? He's got even less of a connection to Sonic than Banjo.

Also the game's probably not going to Japan at all, but tell me: Even if it were, why would Sumo Digital, a developer based in the UK, make a region exclusive character that won't even be in the country the game was developed in? And why would Luffy be Japan-only? One Piece has a dub.

because Banjo was simply just a console exclusive character and nothing more than a marketing stunt to push the Banjo Kazooie brand in Microsoft's favour, otherwise Banjo was just another pointless inclusion all the same. i never did say Banjo fit in the first place =/

Megaman has archie, are Archie game canon? no they aren't and i can only see the blue bomber getting into a sonic game if its just another marketing stunt like banjo was, which i can't see happening given the way Capcom have been treating the franchise as of late.

as for One Piece, was just expressing my like for it, even though i know Luffy's inclusion is ridiculous was still nice.

at Least Miku's inclusion would make sense from a marketing point of view.

because Banjo was simply just a console exclusive character and nothing more than a marketing stunt to push the Banjo Kazooie brand in Microsoft's favour, otherwise Banjo was just another pointless inclusion all the same. i never did say Banjo fit in the first place =/

My point was I didn't see how including Banjo was any better than Mega Man, which is what I think Blue Blood was getting at in the first place.

And I know you're not saying Banjo fit, but you're arguing against Mega Man saying he doesn't, while Banjo gets a free pass for basically no reason.

Megaman has archie, are Archie game canon? no they aren't and i can only see the blue bomber getting into a sonic game if its just another marketing stunt like banjo was, which i can't see happening given the way Capcom have been treating the franchise as of late.

ugh, don't remind me.

But in a crossover, I don't think the question of whether or not something is game canon should be a requirement, because then they wouldn't be able to crossover with anything. At all. Even Mario isn't part of the Sonic game canon despite crossing over in SEVERAL games.

at Least Miku's inclusion would make sense from a marketing point of view.
How so? Yeah, she's had stuff to do with Sonic before, but if the game's probably not getting a Japanese release.

My point was I didn't see how including Banjo was any better than Mega Man, which is what I think Blue Blood was getting at in the first place.

And I know you're not saying Banjo fit, but you're arguing against Mega Man saying he doesn't, while Banjo gets a free pass for basically no reason.

Banjo only got a free pass from a marketing stand point is my only argument against this, he doesn't fit no more than mega man or Avatar/Mii's, the reason why console exclusives didn't work last time around is because Sony didn't have any console exclusive inclusions which meant PS3 owners and PC owners pretty much lost out on an extra character, whilst Microsoft got 2 characters and Nintendo 1, this is the main reason i didn't agree with Banjo's inclusion in the first place anyway.

ugh, don't remind me.

can you honestly see Capcom even agreeing to Megaman's inclusion in this game after the way they gave their fans the finger with that move they pulled with SFxTekken? not that i wouldn't mind it if they did but seriously fuck Capcom they've been making some poor choices and wrong moves with their respected series.

But in a crossover, I don't think the question of whether or not something is game canon should be a requirement, because then they wouldn't be able to crossover with anything. At all. Even Mario isn't part of the Sonic game canon despite crossing over in SEVERAL games.

hmm you have a point there, but it really all boils down to marketing in the end and seeing what the fans would pay out to see, Mario & Sonic getting their own sports series of games based over the Olympic events is proof enough a wide range of people bought them in for various reasons.

How so? Yeah, she's had stuff to do with Sonic before, but if the game's probably not getting a Japanese release.

again, Marketing and Publishing basically... SEGA run the SEGA Prize UFO catcher prizes, as well as create a large range of Miku's merchandise, and they own the rights to her games and such, they work pretty closely hand in hand on occasions.

if the game isn't getting globally localized this time around, why did Sumo Digital trek all the way out to Japan for a meeting with someone that isn't SEGA? i know the majority of IP holders normally are japanese or Foreign but we're forgetting its a guest character who possibly doesn't even have a strong SEGA connection to begin with? i'm merely expressing my feelings over the matter if it IS Miku, i'll be one happy camper. :)

Miku makes a lot of sense to have as an inclusion, and it's probably the most likely candidate.

She's an incredibly popular character in the otaku fanbase and sees a fair amount of exposure enough to have her namesake and franchise exist in the west if publishers bothered. Sega have incredibly close bonds with the character, particularly being her main animators, developers and concert creators (the LA concert included), she's consistently having parallels and media crossovers with Sonic in Japan which most people versed in the core Sonic or core Gaming base are aware of, and having one character who appeases to racing fans (Danica), one character who appeals to the family and general audience (Ralph) and one who appeases the niche base and fans of Japanese media (Miku) would, logically, make a lot of sense when it comes to outside inclusions.

Besides; Danica is promoting Sonic. Ralph is promoting Sonic too by having him in his movie. It only stands to reason that the third inclusion would do the same, and she has been doing it for the last year or so.

I'm no fan of Miku but really, it works. Otakus spend more money on these things than people give them credit for, and I can't see any other "Japanese-based third party inclusion" that makes sense. Segata Sanshiro? That's a Sega property character, so you can most likely count that option out, even if he's in the game.

• Thumbs Up 8

Banjo only got a free pass from a marketing stand point is my only argument against this, he doesn't fit no more than mega man or Avatar/Mii's, the reason why console exclusives didn't work last time around is because Sony didn't have any console exclusive inclusions which meant PS3 owners and PC owners pretty much lost out on an extra character, whilst Microsoft got 2 characters and Nintendo 1, this is the main reason i didn't agree with Banjo's inclusion in the first place anyway.

I didn't really agree to Banjo's inclusion either.

But we'll have to agree to disagree on that other point, then. I'm not for console exclusive characters either way, and I don't think the fact that a character is console exclusive should make much of a difference.

Banjo got a free ride because he was a marketing ploy, but that kind of reason could extended to anyone, and not necessarily have anything to do with consoles (see Danica and Ralph). I mean they could totally put Mega Man in and say they're promoting the crossover comic.

For the record I'm not really that adamant about Mega Man being in, even though it'd be kinda neat. I'm just curious about what people think makes one character more appropriate than another.

can you honestly see Capcom even agreeing to Megaman's inclusion in this game after the way they gave their fans the finger with that move they pulled with SFxTekken? not that i wouldn't mind it if they did but seriously fuck Capcom they've been making some poor choices and wrong moves with their respected series.
Never said I thought it was even plausible. Just that it would be as appropriate as anything else.

And yeah, Capcom's mishandling of its own franchises is LEGENDARY.

if the game isn't getting globally localized this time around, why did Sumo Digital trek all the way out to Japan for a meeting with someone that isn't SEGA? i know the majority of IP holders normally are japanese or Foreign but we're forgetting its a guest character who possibly doesn't even have a strong SEGA connection to begin with? i'm merely expressing my feelings over the matter if it IS Miku, i'll be one happy camper. smile.png

I think they were probably going there for something else, but if it is Miku I'd totally be fine with that. I'd expect a lot of hilarious raging comments, which are always fun to read.

@ Carbo: I might have been underestimating Miku's popularity in the western world, but it still seems like the kind of reaction that would turn more heads than sell copies.

And then I remembered Danica Patrick was in the game. ANYTHING GOES, I GUESS.

• Thumbs Up 1

if she does get confirmed, i can't wait to read all the hate and WTF's? seriously, being selfish since i love Miku and she'd be a rad racer :'D

• Thumbs Up 4

Updated the first page to add Ralph.

As of now we have:

15 regular racers revealed of 27 promised racers (though the final number fluctuates)

2 guest racers revealed with hints towards a third and final guest

11 racers from the previous game have yet to be confirmed to be returning

1 character, Ristar, has yet to be revealed to be a racer or a cameo

• Thumbs Up 1

If Miku's in the game, sorry Amy but I would have to put you down as my secondary character. Please Sumo, I hope you made the right choice of adding Miku in to the game!

• Thumbs Up 1

I rather have Iizuka, S0L, Megaman or anyone else, except japanese holograms, no offense tho, I just don't like her, but I know many people will be happy with her addition and the game will print ¥ ph34r.png I can't say I hate Danica too, but together with Miku, will be totaly 2 non-played chars for me =S

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

While I have no interest in Vocaloid whatsoever I love Miku as a character design so I'd be more than cool with it.

And if she had the Sonic outfit as some kind of unlockable skin... Hnnnnnnnnnng.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I have no interest in Vocaloid whatsoever I love Miku as a character design so I'd be more than cool with it.

And if she had the Sonic outfit as some kind of unlockable skin... Hnnnnnnnnnng.

Having her appear in the that outfit would make her more attractive to the younger crowd as well. I know I would have loved the idea of a 'crazy wide-eyed Japanese character' in a Sonic costume when I was a kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a GREAT idea! Seriously, who doesn't want to play as Luffy?

Me. I can't stand those crappy shonen mangas.

I don't think Miku will ever break out of being a niche otaku culture thing outside of Japan. I think general audiences would be turned off by her hyper anime-ness. She'll never become a household name in the west. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

While I might be getting ahead of myself here, I'd like to see an increased number of DLC racers. I can imagine characters like Blaze or Ecco the Dolphin as downloadable content.

Not really going to hurt you or anyone if she is in.

Just has the potential to get more people to buy the game.

Edited by Ferr

Luffy needs to die. I'm glad he's not going to be within six degrees of this game.

We heard you the first time, friend.