Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Point is with the argument it can be said about pretty much anyone, rendering it pointless.

No, not pretty much "anyone". I don't see the need for Sumo for example to meet up with Rare in Japan JUST to add Banjo in, when they can meet up easily in England.

That it being unfair for people who don't own the console with exclusive content doesn't mean anything, as giving consoles that is perfectly common.

Sumo should try to make most of their gamers happy. We are down to ONE guest character, if it's Banjo then more than half of the people who will play Transformed won't be able to play Banjo. It's kinda a waste of their time designing a kart/boat/plane and everything because Banjo won't be played by more of HALF of the owners. Heck, I'm sure that not every 360 owner will want to play as Banjo either.

But as you said, Sumo wouldn't care IF Microsoft funds them the money. But are they this time? That's the question. When All-Stars Racing came out, there was no 1st party kart racing game for the 360. So it was understandable. Two years later, Microsoft does now have its own Joyride series.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

We don't know for a fact that the last third-party character has anything to do with the trip to Japan, though. do we?

(And yeah, console exclusive content is really stupid and just about nobody actually likes it)

Right.

So remind me again why the PS3 version was the lead platform?

Not to mention Sony aparently didn't want their characters in the original game. I can't remember the interview S0L did but it was some random gaming website where it was confirmed.

At the time this game was out, Uncharted 2 was releasing a Sony Heroes/Villains pack, which let you play as various Sony characters in Uncharted 2's multiplayer, not to mention Mod Nation Racers had been announced and at the time looked like it was going to be one hell of a racing game. Not surprised Sony didn't want their characters promoting 3rd party stuff at the time.

The fact is, this game was truely a multiformat title, every console tried to get something over the other, even the Wii version. One could argue that whilst the PS3 version has no specific console exclusive, the fact it looks and runs better on a PS3 than the other systems is it's console exclusive feature.

Did the PS3 version sell more than the xbox version? Just curious.

Honestly the bolded section kind of seems like picking at straws. It just seems kind of small to be called a console exclusive. also considering that the ps3 obviously would have that feature regardless.

No, not pretty much "anyone". I don't see the need for Sumo for example to meet up with Rare in Japan JUST to add Banjo in, when they can meet up easily in England.

You keep bringing up Rare for some reason. I never mentioned them. And I even said "pretty much", because I knew you'd bring them up. Stop with the strawman argument.

Did the PS3 version sell more than the xbox version? Just curious.

Honestly the bolded section kind of seems like picking at straws. It just seems kind of small to be called a console exclusive. also considering that the ps3 obviously would have that feature regardless.

I'm sorry but... what does that have to do with the original point?

The argument is that this was Microsofts racer, how is it when there is so much going against that claim? Can someone explain how this game is any systems racer when just about every version has something tailored to the specific format, even the ipad and arcade versions are tailored to their units. Theres no such thing as a 'simple port' when it comes to this game.

It's a multi format game which unlike a lot of multiformat games has actually tried to give every version something extra. Had it not been for Sony's stubborness we might have actually seen Sackboy or some other character in the PS3 version.

Had that actually happened this claim that it was microsofts racer suddenly looks very weak indeed.

I'm sorry but... what does that have to do with the original point?

The argument is that this was Microsofts racer, how is it when there is so much going against that claim? Can someone explain how this game is any systems racer when just about every version has something tailored to the specific format, even the ipad and arcade versions are tailored to their units. Theres no such thing as a 'simple port' when it comes to this game.

It's a multi format game which unlike a lot of multiformat games has actually tried to give every version something extra. Had it not been for Sony's stubborness we might have actually seen Sackboy or some other character in the PS3 version.

Had that actually happened this claim that it was microsofts racer suddenly looks very weak indeed.

ummm.....I wasn't really supporting or defending anyone on the exclusive thing. You act as if I was defending anvils theory. Just asking a question and saying something. Although the sales question was pretty out there, not gonna lie.:P Edited by Sora

We don't know for a fact that the last third-party character has anything to do with the trip to Japan, though. do we?

No we don't.

You keep bringing up Rare for some reason. I never mentioned them. And I even said "pretty much", because I knew you'd bring them up. Stop with the strawman argument.

Okay fine, you want me stop using Rare? Alright, how about Eidos? Sucker Punch? Santa Monica? Naughty Dog? Insomniac? 343 Studios? Radical Entertainment? Universal? BigPark? Treyarch? Infinity Ward? I can go on. Pretty much anyone gives me an idea of 90% or more developers/publisher bases are in Japan. Yes, Rare will be obviously the one I'll pick first because they are the only ones to have a proper third party character in Sega All-Stars Racing but I'm sorry...even pretty much "anyone" is too large.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sooo... any idea when the next announcement will be? Any major Sonic related events occurring in the near future?

Sooo... any idea when the next announcement will be? Any major Sonic related events occurring in the near future?

Whilst they're not going to it, Gamescom is next month. Whilst Sega are not going to it, I could see them doing a trailer or some kind of announcement during the week of it.

When is the Nascar championship/the event Danica is in?

when is the demo going to come out?

I bet won't have a demo until November most likely. Too earlier for demo releases to the general public.

Also this is a roster thread, your best asking questions like that in

Edited by Father Kazama

@TheAnvil

Banjo will be in this game if Sumo Digital want him to be. Otherwise, too bad. There is much more to this game beyond the arbitrary inclusion of Banjo. It doesn't matter how much you love Banjo and it doesn't matter if you named your horse Banjo, this game isn't about Banjo, so its perfectly reasonable (not frustrating) if he's not included, even if he was in the first one.

• Thumbs Up 6

One character I would be surprised to see appearing in this game would be one from Puyo Puyo, though I assume this was brought up before. While Puyo Puyo originally wasn't SEGA property, they had the most games on SEGA-related consoles/handhelds and they got the ports first as well back when Compile owned it and they always handled the arcade cabinets when the first bunch of games came out.

The character I would like to see representing from it is Arle Nadja, the protagonist of the original Puyo Puyo games and from the RPG's that Puyo Puyo uses characters from, Madou Monogatari. My assumption for a vehicle would be a giant Puyo bouncing around the track that changes shape depending on the terrain and the All-Star move would be her casting various spells that she uses for combo's in the games at opponents.

Puyo Pop got a mini game in SST. Sumo knows it exists, so there's a good chance the series will get a character or at least a track.

Anyway, something just crossed my mind: Do you guys really think NiGHTS will be the only non-Sonic series to get more than one racer? In SST you had a good number of characters who were from the same series as someone else, like MeeMee and Gum. With the JSR HD port and Banana Splitz coming out at around the same time as Transformed, I'm seeing the chance of these two and/or other secondary guys. What do you think?

I'm still hoping for either Sketch Turner or Axel from streets of rage; after all, the genesis was Sega's golden era. Another wishful thought would be Earthworm Jim, but I'm not sure about all the legal technicalities that would be involved with that series... Probably my most unlikely of characters that I want to be in the game would be Crash Bandicoot, but we all know that's not gonna happen (it's almost irrelevant to mention).

I'm still hoping for either Sketch Turner or Axel from streets of rage; after all, the genesis was Sega's golden era. Another wishful thought would be Earthworm Jim, but I'm not sure about all the legal technicalities that would be involved with that series... Probably my most unlikely of characters that I want to be in the game would be Crash Bandicoot, but we all know that's not gonna happen (it's almost irrelevant to mention).

Earthworm Jim isn't a Sega character. :V But I miss him.

We're starving here, we need to see more obscure Sega characters! Bring on Arle Nadja and Sarah Bryant and Vectorman and Ristar!

Earthworm Jim would be great but his creator is kind of a snob so I don't think he'd let it happen. Jim even has a proper flying vehicle, his pocket rocket.

• Thumbs Up 1

Earthworm Jim would be great but his creator is kind of a snob so I don't think he'd let it happen. Jim even has a proper flying vehicle, his pocket rocket.

I don't see why any creator would turn down exposure for an otherwise dead character... I guess that's just me, though. tongue.png

because they can be assholes? it took major pushes for them to release earthworm jim on DVD and we still haven't gotten the full set in a legit collection :/

Hey guys

I know we're, like, on a completely different topic now but uuuuhhhh if they actually include Miku as a guest character that'd probably radically increase my chances of buying this game, since I'm not really that huge a fan of kart racers anyway.

So yeah. Crossing my fingers for Miku. That would seriously be the coolest thing. XD

• Thumbs Up 1