Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Also crossing my fingers for Miku 's desecrated remains to be found in a sack at the bottom of the most polluted river on Earth

Edited by PsychoJosh

Hey guys

I know we're, like, on a completely different topic now but uuuuhhhh if they actually include Miku as a guest character that'd probably radically increase my chances of buying this game, since I'm not really that huge a fan of kart racers anyway.

So yeah. Crossing my fingers for Miku. That would seriously be the coolest thing. XD

And this is basically a ringing endorsement for the way SEGA/SUMO are marketing this game. The inclusion of an "out there" character looks like it basically sells the game for someone who isn't even interested in kart racers.

Everyone whining over Danica (and even the spotty few who moaned over Ralph) need to see these kind of results. These characters sell games. Nuff said.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Also crossing my fingers for Miku 's desecrated remains to be found in a sack at the bottom of the most polluted river on Earth

• Thumbs Up 2

If Miku is in this I actually wouldn't mind. I'm not a big fan of the rest of the Vocaloid cast, but Miku is cute! =3 I have no idea who else it could be otherwise.

Edited by Gabz Girl

I still think that if they are doing console exclusives this round that the xbox version should include master chief. Why? because there is a huge halo audience that would get a boner at the announcement. Personally, though, I find the character to be distasteful but he would be a good marketing ploy.

As for playstation, I would choose Drake from Uncharted. Huge audience; more copies sold.

Nintendo... I would say Mario but Mario Kart exists, they cannot admit defeat. if ya catch my drift.

Edited by Unidus

I have a feeling Sony won't be too friendly when it comes to guest characters, what with their own Little Big Planet Karting coming out as well as PS All-Stars.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling Sony won't be too friendly when it comes to guest characters, what with their own Little Big Planet Karting coming out as well as PS All-Stars.

Exactly the same case with Nintendo. We know for a fact that SEGA pitched the idea of exclusive characters for ASR to Sony, but for whatever reason the plans didn't go through. It won't be any different now.

@ PS all-stars And people call all stars racing a clone...

Exactly the same case with Nintendo. We know for a fact that SEGA pitched the idea of exclusive characters for ASR to Sony, but for whatever reason the plans didn't go through. It won't be any different now.

I guess it's fine if Sonic characters participate in a Nintendo Olympics game but not all right for Mario characters participate in a Sega racing game. Nintendo, you are such an adorable company.

i hope exclusive characters aren't the case, the fact we had none for PS3 and 1 extra on xbox last time was heavily unbalanced and unfair.

I think that all console exclusives do is cause arguments; however, they do sell games.

Edited by Unidus

i hope exclusive characters aren't the case, the fact we had none for PS3 and 1 extra on xbox last time was heavily unbalanced and unfair.

I guess it's fine if Sonic characters participate in a Nintendo Olympics game but not all right for Mario characters participate in a Sega racing game. Nintendo, you are such an adorable company.

SEGA make the Olympics titles, and were the ones to pitch the idea initially. Furthermore, it's a sports party title meant to cash in on two big franchises with the casual market. Nintendo has it's own Kart racing series (which practically created and dominates the genre) and they won't want to interest their audience in direct competition. So none of what you just said actually has relevance or is correct.

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA make the Olympics titles, and were the ones to pitch the idea initially. Furthermore, it's a sports party title meant to cash in on two big franchises with the casual market. Nintendo has it's own Kart racing series (which practically created and dominates the genre) and they won't want to interest their audience in direct competition. So none of what you just said actually has relevance or is correct.

Danget, can't you see that I'm tryin' to pull an ignorant arguement outta my a*s? Gotta ruin my fun with your factual intelligent-like knowledge. happy.png

Edited by Unidus

So you know how we're wondering who the mysterious third guest character could be? I was thinking about this today and I had a thought... could it be her.

582751-bigthumbnail.jpg

Now before some of you moan... just think about this for a moment. The studio that makes the game is in Japan, the first game (not played the second) is pretty much a wild over the top love letter to Sega, classic characters making cameos as summons, even Sonic makes a very odd cameo in it. Not to mention you play as the physical embodiment of a Sega console.

Neptune (when it goddess form) has the ability to transform into a fighter plane/spaceship, so the idea of her being able to transform/drive things isn't too absurd. Not to mention, Hyperdimension Neptunia is quite an active game at the moment and it's games actually get released in the west and tend to sell pretty well when you consider everything thats they have going against it (the second game got released when Game/Gamestation where in crisis remember).

Any thoughts? Is this too outlandish a suggestion?

Edit: Or even a more crazy idea... the exclusive character is each systems respected goddess?

So you know how we're wondering who the mysterious third guest character could be? I was thinking about this today and I had a thought... could it be her.

582751-bigthumbnail.jpg

Now before some of you moan... just think about this for a moment. The studio that makes the game is in Japan, the first game (not played the second) is pretty much a wild over the top love letter to Sega, classic characters making cameos as summons, even Sonic makes a very odd cameo in it. Not to mention you play as the physical embodiment of a Sega console.

Neptune (when it goddess form) has the ability to transform into a fighter plane/spaceship, so the idea of her being able to transform/drive things isn't too absurd. Not to mention, Hyperdimension Neptunia is quite an active game at the moment and it's games actually get released in the west and tend to sell pretty well when you consider everything thats they have going against it (the second game got released when Game/Gamestation where in crisis remember).

Edit: Or even a more crazy idea... the exclusive character is each systems respected goddess?

As someone who is completely ignorant of what you are talking about, I would not mind her being in the game. Any variety is good variety in my book, and this chick could definitely add some diversity to the bunch. as if Ralph and Danica hadn't added enough, yet :P

582751-bigthumbnail.jpg

I'll love to have that just for the cuteness of the characters =D what ? I'm a sucker for cute anime girls XD

I suggested Hyperdimension Neptunia inclusion a few pages back actually, though as Super Soniko said, Neptune's HDD form might not be too appropriate depending on the rating SUMO is aiming for.

I'd love it if any character from the series appeared though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping that the third guest character isn't some stupid cliched anime chick, but I would settle for Miku, since that would make my girlfriend wet her freakin' panties.

I'm still pulling for Wario, though. <3

We get it. You don't like Miku. =/

I don't think you get it.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I'm hoping that the third guest character isn't some stupid cliched anime chick, but I would settle for Miku, since that would make my girlfriend wet her freakin' panties.

I'm still pulling for Wario, though. <3

You? Wario? No way.

Anywho, I would love to see any Nintendo character make it into the game; and by that, I mean NOT as a console exclusive. I guess console exclusives would be fine, also, but they almost seem irrelevant to talk about (cuz who in the hell knows when this game will be ported to Wii U).

edit: Sorry, I forgot, 3DS,

Edited by Unidus

I really don't care who the extra characters are to be honest. I'm just hoping they're balanced well enough. I'll pick whichever character I feel handles the best, be that Miku, Sonic, Shadow, BD.Joe or anyone else.

I'll love to have that just for the cuteness of the characters =D what ? I'm a sucker for cute anime girls XD

Dude they look barely 14...

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care who the guest character is, I likely won't be playing them because that's not what I'm buying the game for.

• Thumbs Up 4

Dude they look barely 14...

err yeah right.....i'll won't reply since Carbo has laid the law down on you lol annyywayy

I'd be down for Miku too i mean she would be great for a guest star for ASRT =D and while he probs won't in the game and a playable driver in the game I want to see Outrun flagman for the game for flagman role since Nights is playable now he's perfect for the role, I mean look at this guy dance moves! XD

Edited by Father Kazama
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL, Miku? She is for SEGA like Micheal Jackson was... a licensed character, nothing more.

She is not a SEGA character, even if she appeared in SEGA developed games.

There is around 27 slots for characters in this game, let's keep them for actual SEGA characters that are way more deserving.

I hope they keep shit like Neptunia and Hatsune Miku away.

LOL, Miku? She is for SEGA like Micheal Jackson was... a licensed character, nothing more.

She is not a SEGA character, even if she appeared in SEGA developed games.

There is around 27 slots for characters in this game, let's keep them for actual SEGA characters that are way more deserving.

I hope they keep shit like Neptunia and Hatsune Miku away.

The reason people are discussing her is because it's been confirmed there's one more guest announcement.

And thus far, the guest characters aren't taking up any of those 27 slots. They are not replacing actual SEGA characters.

• Thumbs Up 2