Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I thought we were done with this Banjo talk months ago. Anvil likes Banjo and wishes he was in this one. That's done with, he's stated he's still interested in the game. Surely we can all agree to just let this one go, right?

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't blame Anvil. I was EXACTLY like him a month ago. But it was because of the PlayStation Battle Royale game. If you search through the official thread you'll find my comments on not getting the game because Crash Bandicoot wasn't on it. He's as well, one of my absolutely favorite video-game characters of all-times and I simply was going to skip the game due his absence. But then I've played the open-beta, and completely changed my mind, because with Crash or not, I found the game fun as hell, and I'm 100% sure I'm going to buy it.

So listen Anvil. Don't let one bit of the game ruin your entire experience. If you've enjoyed the first game, you'll enjoy it again, because it's a huge step forward in every aspect, including fun, which is in my honest opinion, a game's main feature.

That's my advice wink.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

And Danica. And Ralph. And t... the last guest biggrin.png

You can just say Banjo Jango, we already know its him.

Question S0L, is Gum's character model for this game different than it was in Superstars Tennis? That one was...jarring to look at (no offense to whoever modeled it) and didn't seem to capture her essence. I see Beat has a new model...

We took the SSR version as a base, but it's had a number of significant changes, we worked with Ueda-san to get it right. She's based on the Jet Set Radio version of the character, not the future one (ditto for Beat, who also saw a some big changes from the SSR model).

Does the 360 version of this game get all the characters (except the Mii)?

No, not one version has all the 29 characters in it. All the console versions have the same number of characters with the exception of console specific support (i.e. Avatar and Mii) - and I'm saying nothing else on this again. Game is out in less than a week, wait and see!

---

S0L

---

Funny, that - ever since the internet, the element of "secret characters" is a lost cause to work with and game developers don't bother keeping them secret, but when games like Brawl and All-Stars Racing Transformed do it, it's incredibly taunting.

It's like goddamn I can't decide what I want most of right now

• Thumbs Up 2

We took the SSR version as a base, but it's had a number of significant changes, we worked with Ueda-san to get it right. She's based on the Jet Set Radio version of the character, not the future one (ditto for Beat, who also saw a some big changes from the SSR model).

No, not one version has all the 29 characters in it. All the console versions have the same number of characters with the exception of console specific support (i.e. Avatar and Mii) - and I'm saying nothing else on this again. Game is out in less than a week, wait and see!

---

S0L

---

Quick question. Is it hard to implement so many controllers for the Wii U version or does Nintendo make it simple?

Funny, that - ever since the internet, the element of "secret characters" is a lost cause to work with and game developers don't bother keeping them secret, but when games like Brawl and All-Stars Racing Transformed do it, it's incredibly taunting.

Secret or locked characters are DLC now, silly :P

---

S0L

---

Thanks for answering, S0L. I was pretty sure you guys would update her like everyone else. I love Beat's new model by the way. I was just hoping Gum got the same treatment. Looking forward to playing as her even more now!

I won't update the first page until it has been officially confirmed, but

Pudding has joined the racing roster.

Also, I won't strike them from the list just yet but I'm certain Zobio & Zobiko are not racers. Same goes for Jacky & Akira, Bonanza Bros., Opa Opa, Chu Chus, Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki and Billy Hatcher.

The final unlock is most likely an obscure character who has yet to appear in the series.

Also, S0L has hinted at more racers/characters somehow.

---

Essentially, we are losing 8 racers from the last game but are gaining 8 racers for this game.

However, of the 8 new racers, 3 (Gum, MeeMee and Pudding) are secondary characters from games with existing racers from both ASR titles (Beat, Aiai and Ulala), 2 are new racers from the same franchise with one of them being a secondary racer (NiGHTS & Reala) and 3 are brand new racers equatable to old racers like Ryo, Alex Kidd and Opa Opa (Gilius, Joe Musashi and Vyse).

We also have one or more to be revealed still.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Wow two racers I expected to see arent showing up... Not surprised by the others though.

Edited by BeelzeBummer

Wow two racers I expected to see arent showing up... Not surprised by the others though.

I'm sad to see 3 racers not returning, understandable about another 4 not returning (to be fair, at least 2 of these are represented via track decoration and NPCs) and am very happy that a certain chocken boy got the boot.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I'm sad to see 3 racers not returning, understandable about another 4 not returning (to be fair, at least 2 of these are represented via track decoration and NPCs) and am very happy that a certain chocken boy got the boot.

Who said he's completely out?

I wonder if there are 2 or 3 more to be unveiled...secret character (whoops! Nearly spoiled them) and UFC can't be the only guys left right?

Didn't S0L mention a Mega Drive character also not revealed yet?

Edited by Zero Beat

It's the Generations situation again hehe The game is out and it's great, yet everybody see lots of wasted oppotunities and will ask for DLC 'till the end of times. I hope that unlike Sonic Team, Sumo hear us very weeeeell ^^

Well they can't help but hear us, since they frequent the board tongue.png

Edited by Gum/ Super Soniko

Maybe Alex, Ryo, And Opa are DLC. But unfortunately that obstructs my Blazie.

I take offence to that.

Joking aside, The Roster seems fine to me. It's not as good as the first one, but it's not BAD...

• Thumbs Up 2

Well they can't help but hear us, since they frequent the board tongue.png

We been telling them the characters we wish since the games announcement XD If they already had the final list at the time, now the ideal DLCs are going to happen!

Thanks for answering, S0L. I was pretty sure you guys would update her like everyone else. I love Beat's new model by the way. I was just hoping Gum got the same treatment. Looking forward to playing as her even more now!

The model had a BIG makeover

She has a completely new face/head. And this time I think she's *much* prettier, and way less "jarring".

The character roster just pisses me off. I cant make sense of such a large step back. So weird

Why though? What is it that annoys you so much? I'm interested to hear. (Honestly)

Try to be constructive in your critisism, rather than emotive and it will be much easier to reply to.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm terrible disapointed because either Ryo or Alex Kidd or Opa Opa are playable.

It's Horrible!

I don't know if i will play a SEGA game or i will watch a Star Wars film because, only i can see CLONES:

(AiAi/Mee Mee) (Beat/Gun) (Nights /Reala) (Ulala/Pudding)... CLONES

Where is Ryo Hazuki? Where is Opa Opa? Where is Alex Kidd? Where are all important characters?

I'm sad, disapointed and i fell be betrayed by SEGA.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Edited by DERHYUS