Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Well, I can only really think of Segata and Taro as characters that represented SEGA as a company (not as mascots so much, but more as fictional characters who fought for the company).

I'll try not to get my hopes up... but c'mon! :D

Thinking about it, Sumo did seem to push back on the idea of Segata Sanshiro mainly because of the actor's likeness being a potential issue. But they seemed to still be implying that there are other fanservice characters that represent SEGA. Taro Sega would be a great alternative, and they did say that super fans would recognize the character. Not to mention Sumo, and SEGA, having a preference for Dreamcast era characters.

Honestly, aside from Segata, Taro is the best choice for an all-encompassing SEGA character that super fans would be excited to see that who would make total sense racing a vehicle that represents either multiple SEGA IPs or SEGA consoles.

Remember as well that Sumo had concept art of a Segata driving a Saturn-inspired car. What if Segata was dropped for Taro, and the car happening, thus explaining why they and SEGA ended up never releasing the concept art.

Food for thought.

Something I thought; Sony has Battle Royale coming out almost the same time as Transformed; IIRC Sony appeared as antagonists in the game, so Taro would be a great character to bring back the feeling, bringing a... context to his reveal if there is one.

Of course, there's the chance we are all over-thinking this and Taro is just a license sticker.

Edited by Beat

Oh my god please don't let me get my hopes up like this, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself if Taro was a playable character advjszbidiensoshakskixkwsllsbsjeoeoen

I find it interesting that the Segagaga protagonist is used for the achievement that requires you to unlock every character. He is from a game that basically oozes Sega fanservice, so maybe he's the uber hyped "ultimate fanservice character" (with his vehicles representing other Sega games). I for one would NOT mind that! =D

This is exactly what I thought. I'm actually really stoked to see if this happens!

Anybody recall which of S0L's posts talked about the final character? Was it here or at the SEGA forums? I do recall something about a back and forth with a member who was asking if we'd recognize them and Steve said something about SEGA fans with a knowledge of SEGA's past or something...

I know multiple IPs was mentioned. If we had the exact quotes it would help.

Has this been posted?

Originally Posted by S0L

Nope. You'll need to wait for reviews and the game to be released. We do have as new trailer coming soon that reveals the 'obscure' IP track mind tongue.png

---

S0L

---

From the Sega Forums Transformed thread.

Edited by Jango

...but he wouldn't take Kidd's place.

Right?

...right?

Sorry man, but Sonic specifically asked for Taro to take Alex Kidd's place. Why? Because Sonic is a dick, with the ego of Donald Trump, putting his name on everything.

scene-3.jpg

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 2

As much as I like Taro, I hope he is not the final unlock. That's place for Segata Sanshiro...Taro is cool, but he lack the charistma good ole Sanshiro has.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2012/11/08/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-plays-its-wii-u-multiplayer-trump-card/

Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay are 'slightly' Shown in this video. The island for it (and Starlight Carnival and Skies of Arcadia) are shown, and the back of Metal Sonic's Car is shown for about half a second at one point while racing on the Panzer Dragoon Course. I hate whoever cut the part of the video -_-

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.forbes.co...yer-trump-card/

Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay are 'slightly' Shown in this video. The island for it (and Starlight Carnival and Skies of Arcadia) are shown, and the back of Metal Sonic's Car is shown for about half a second at one point while racing on the Panzer Dragoon Course. I hate whoever cut the part of the video sleep.png

Never heard an asian guy with a bad english accent before, the vid was great to see how menus work.

It keeps looking like 24 characters are playable from the disc (23 for PS3 & Vita) while other characters will have to be dlc.

I could see another row of characters fitting unto that screen.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

It's something pink or purple like... Espio? Nah, it doesn't make any sense.

First i thought Ulala, but her veichle is different and it doesn't have that colour scheme.

It can't be Gum either, since the colors are way different for her.

Edited by Teoskaven

Could it possibly be Amy reflecting a little more light than we've seen before?

Or one of the Monkeys from the leader on Sonic's bit? Looks like Aiai.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

oh its MeeMee sorry my bad, Amy's vehicle has hover pods on the sides of her vehicle and is much longer than that image.

Yeah, it's completely MeeMee. I can recognise the back of her head in shape and colour.

Plus it's a pretty girly-looking pink and white vehicle, so it'd be limited to someone like Ulala or MeeMee or--

Espio?

...Pink and white? He'd be purple and black, possibly with yellow/gold thrown in.

I wrote up part four of my All-Stars salute. Look, I went and ran out of characters so I had to include Ristar! Can't believe that there is little over a week to go and there are still a few unknowns.

salute4.jpg

I wrote up part four of my All-Stars salute. Look, I went and ran out of characters so I had to include Ristar! Can't believe that there is little over a week to go and there are still a few unknowns.

salute4.jpg

Well, S0L did say they're keeping some things a secret until the game comes out. I'm actually glad they're doing this. Sick of absolutely everything being revealed before a game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, S0L did say they're keeping some things a secret until the game comes out. I'm actually glad they're doing this. Sick of absolutely everything being revealed before a game comes out.

Amen Shadzter.

• Thumbs Up 1

TSSZ will find a way to figure out the hidden characters, and you all know it! tongue.png

mellow.png

Yes I'm sure Tristan's Sherlock Holmes tier powers of deductive reasoning will reveal the remaining characters in no time.

Edited by BeelzeBummer