Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

any news on alex kidd and the others?

If there's any news that anyone would know it would be posted. Heck, today was meant to be the release date for the 360/PS3 versions here in the US, give it some time. I'm sure in about a month we'll hear about those three DLC characters.

EDIT: Goodness I haven't been paying attention! How did this thread get to 163 pages?!

Edited by Mykonos

How many star are in the game?

I have at the moment 102 stars on XBOX 360 version and i have a lot to problems in order to get them in A class. It's too hard, in fact, Tank and boost mission are frustrating. Some rings mission too... Do you have any advices for play them better please?

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

The tank missions are easy, you only need to really worry about the fireballs because everything else you can destroy and if you go slow the purple barriers are super easy to avoid so it can't actually harm you, then it's just a matter of blasting it when you get to a straight line.

How many stars does the final character require btw?

• Thumbs Up 1

The tank missions are easy, you only need to really worry about the fireballs because everything else you can destroy and if you go slow the purple barriers are super easy to avoid so it can't actually harm you, then it's just a matter of blasting it when you get to a straight line.

How many stars does the final character require btw?

Looking at the screen right now, 165.

48 more stars for me...hoping to get him before I have to leave for work in about 4 hours.

AGES is a good racer too I have pulled of some expert missions that other racers were not good enough to beat, yet!

I also like how when you transform, sometimes it'll be like "Sega" i laughed a bit.

also love how you turn into a dreamcast controller when you hit the water sections.

AGES all-star is really powerful and fast. I always win when i get his all-stars.

I'm almost at 200 hundred stars, almost there!!!!!!

there are suppose to be 26 characters? i only have 23, and i got the all characters achievement "Takes AGES"

I get why it's called "Takes AGES" tongue.png

well so far the characters i use alot are:

Metal sonic - standard

Ages - standard

Tails - handling (for flying missions)

Gum - Speed

Knuckles - balanced

Sonic - standard

For online i mainly use metal, AGES and Gum

edit: 214 stars :)

Edited by jordine

165? Ok that's do-able I guess, I'm finding the expert races pretty tolerable, I've just been constantly replaying them until I eventually win, it's a easy way to learn the tracks perfectly as well.

Beat Galactic Parade and Seasonal Shrine on my first try somehow o.O

Just unlocked that 165 stars special racer:

Man I'm so glad I didn't go check out videos of it. What beautiful fan service!

The Hornet has the instructor voice just like in Daytona USA, saying all the classic lines! It's clearly a new voice but they got it down perfect.

The After Burner plane also has a voice like the one from that game, though the original low-fi "FIRE!" that was even in Climax would have been even cooler.

The Dreamcast boat sounds made me laugh out loud, it's amazing that Sega even gave the nod to what was used! The VMU beeping, the BIOS sound effects and even the disc drive buzzing! Utterly brilliant.

And the transformation sounds! Of course there is the iconic SEGA! but there is also the Master System boot up version of it and the Japanese Sega Saturn boot up sound.

This is pretty much the coolest fan service in the whole game. I laughed til a almost cried. Well done SUMO, this is genius!

Can we have a DLC multi IP track that includes a 777 Speedway from Daytona for cars, Space Harrier for air and something else like Fantasy Zone for boat? To go with this amazing multi IP racer :)

• Thumbs Up 1

@gagaman

A part of me thought the Race of Ages track would have you flying into TV screens to enter portions of arcade games. Like how the NiGHTS track sends you to the boss stages. Would have been sweet to enter a short bit of Space Harrier and a section of the Daytona track.

HAHA! Awesome. I am a huge fan of those two characters. Funny, they're in their JSRF style, but Beat and Gum are in their JSR style. It's like Beat and Gum went... BACK to the Jet Set Radio FUTURE!

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a thread to report things that need patches? Because, as much as I love the game, there are a few annoying things that need fixing asap. I mightt as well list them in hopes that someone from sega will see it

1. Online, occasionally it will record everyone's time as 1 second and randomly place them

2. Online, it rarely ever actually keeps track of the points it awards after each race

3. Online, when two players make contact it often sends one or both players shooting to the side and into the wall/down the cliff

4. Seasonal Shrines, on lap 2 after the stairs up the shrine, there is a hideous visual glitch in the mountains in the background

5. Rouge's Landing, on the first lap just as you go into the air, the first island that you fly over becomes invisible for a second or two

6. Split-Screen, the sound effects of the vehicle engines becomes much louder than in single player

7. Split Screen, when choosing a vehicle mod, the stats revert back to normal and occasionally it doesn't apply the mod

8. Dream Valley, on the 3rd lap, when you go through the warp gate to exit the nightmare it pushes you to either side and often gets you stuck on the rocks in the water section

9. Adder's Lair, The ramps that lead into the snake heads never function correctly, they send you straigh into the top of the snake's mouth leaving you facing the wall and not moving.

10. Burning Depths, on the second lap, in the room just before you turn into the car, the outer route's ramp often causes the player to stop moving or slow down significantly

11. Templle Trouble, in split screen, the second player often hovers about the water on the left path at the end of the track, and then sinks in the room with the whirlpool

There are probably more that I am forgetting, but anyways, has anyone else noticed any of these? Btw, I have it on Xbox, and mostly play split screen and split screen online

Edited by maltam123

SUMO...

THANKS A LOT BY

GIVE US ALEX KIDD as a Christmas Gift. By the way... there is only a miss: Ryo Hazuki and Opa Opa but with ALEX KIDD I'm so happy now that only i can repeat THANKS

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

LOL, Shadow is so oddly cute in this game. Jumping out of the car and bowing at me with that chirpy look on his face, exclaiming 'I'VE GOT THISS', really made me laugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can anyone tell me how to unlock NiGHTS? Couldn't find a site or anything to help me with this.

Play through world tour and you'll find him. :P

I said before that I thought it was Billy Hatcher, I reckon Shadow was the character planned as DLC who was moved to the main roster as well.

I know everyone here hates him (or one specific member who was here hated him so much that it seemed like everyone hated him :P ) but I always liked Billy. Shame to see him scrapped, wondering what the reasoning was for it though. I would think if Sonic Team were making a new game they would have happily let him in again. Mysteries mysteries.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure S0L explained way back before we knew who it was that he was scrapped because they couldn't agree on a vehicle design. They went through over 10 re-designs before giving up.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Mii voice is embarrassing. I'm sorry.. but we all poked at Nintendo for the Mario Kart and NSMB voices, this brings it to an entirely different level.

I started to die laughing when I won the race with my Mii. Why is he making all these weird noises? This seriously can't be a natural voice, it HAS to be through some sort of filter.