Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

When do we find out who the other characters are?

Not sure it's a good idea to tell you :P

Playing it right nows. Not unlocked anyone yet though :<

Not sure it's a good idea to tell you tongue.png

Playing it right nows. Not unlocked anyone yet though :<

Is it that bad?

Except, we added Pudding, Reala, MeeMee and Gum without any extra budget. We did it in our own time too, in evenings and weekends. I've said this more than a few times, but I'll repeat it again, the alternative wasn't different characters, it was less characters. It's not like we haven't spent time on vehicles, animations, speech, progression and more.

We wanted more characters in - so we took ones we had a leg up with from previous SuperStar / All-Star games.

From the very beginning we told you upfront that not all characters from previous games would be in. We'll never please everyone as we can't have every character from SEGA history in the game. Stop and think about that for a minute. We have tried to include the playables from previous games as cameos - as well as reference characters that have never been seen in any of the games in the Achievements, stickers, music and more.

I understand the dsappointment, I'd love to have included more, but the reality is there is a set amount of time and budget for these games and I personally think that when you look at the game as a whole - and not just the roster - really, there is little to complain about.

If you miss characters from ASR or SST - no-one has destroyed those games, you're welcome to go back and play them smile.png

---

S0L

---

Thanks for taking the time to reply S0l. I appreciate that you have a set time and budget for these games. What I don't understand is that when you worked on these extra characters. Why weren't they unique ones like Ryo or Billy Hatcher which already had models, sounds, music etc from the previous games? Ryo is cameo'd anyway so you must have had permission to use him. He would have added more to the overall roster than Pudding or whatever.

There is currently no way to unlock Alex Kidd. This means that he's either a timed unlock (he'll unlock automatically in several days) or he's on-disc DLC that you have to pay for.

Also, Anvil, please don't start your grief-filled bitching. We've had enough of that.

Stop complaining about Ristar and Ryo because we're all over it already. (Also the transforming forklift idea is dumb).

• Thumbs Up 1

There is currently no way to unlock Alex Kidd. This means that he's either a timed unlock (he'll unlock automatically in several days) or he's on-disc DLC that you have to pay for.

Also, Anvil, please don't start your grief-filled bitching. We've had enough of that.

Stop complaining about Ristar and Ryo because we're all over it already. (Also the transforming forklift idea is dumb).

Edited by DERHYUS

Also the transforming forklift idea is dumb

and we have a transforming beast-esque statue and an antropomorphic genderless creature shaping into weird looking vehicles... (and I don't talk about the final unlockable). please just stop with this forced sentences that are meant to "justify" some absences.

They could have done a transformed forklift ANYDAY, there's no limit in what can be done to represent a franchise.

A transformed forklift would suit Ryo better that Musashi's vehicle does to the ninja (he have never used that vehicle before). But that's more than fine, because they manage to put a great rep from the Shinobi franchise.

They didn't chose ryo for other reasons.

Except, we added Pudding, Reala, MeeMee and Gum without any extra budget. We did it in our own time too, in evenings and weekends. I've said this more than a few times, but I'll repeat it again, the alternative wasn't different characters, it was less characters. It's not like we haven't spent time on vehicles, animations, speech, progression and more.

We wanted more characters in - so we took ones we had a leg up with from previous SuperStar / All-Star games.

---

S0L

---

c: Well... I'm especially thankful for Gum, being the raging JSR fanboy I am. Plus if I recall, she doesn't -actually- control the same as Beat, right? I know Meemee and Pudding don't play like AiAi and Ulala respectively. I can't get used to Beat the way he is in ASR:T, but I'm hoping to main Gum if she controls better for my tastes. (Don't get me wrong, Beat still is a good character. xD I just don't prefer him in this one, sadly.)

Also in response to Opa Opa cameo'ing in that last track, yes, he's on the left paths, along with some other cameos. :D

and we have a transforming beast-esque statue and an antropomorphic genderless creature shaping into weird looking vehicles... (and I don't talk about the final unlockable). please just stop with this forced sentences that are meant to "justify" some absences.

They could have done a transformed forklift ANYDAY, there's no limit in what can be done to represent a franchise.

A transformed forklift would suit Ryo better that Musashi's vehicle does to the ninja (he have never used that vehicle before). But that's more than fine, because they manage to put a great rep from the Shinobi franchise.

They didn't chose ryo for other reasons.

We've discussed this before. The vehicles should at least be somewhat sensible to the characters themselves, they wouldn't just throw Ryo in whatever moronic half-dragon-half-robot idea popped into their head, because they actually give a shit. The only way Ryo could be done in this game would be with my idea of a transforming arcade cabinet, because a transforming forklift doesn't make sense to his character, in addition to not being an easy or interesting design to implement (not to say the other vehicle designs were easy). Ryo loves playing arcade games, thus the only thing to do is to put him in an arcade cab.

• Thumbs Up 2

@PsychoJosh

Not to mention that people outside of Sumo have to approve ideas. Imagine if they stuck Ryo in some half-assed vehicle and showed it to SEGA. Yu Suzuki would eat S0L's face!

Thanks for taking the time to reply S0l. I appreciate that you have a set time and budget for these games. What I don't understand is that when you worked on these extra characters. Why weren't they unique ones like Ryo or Billy Hatcher which already had models, sounds, music etc from the previous games? Ryo is cameo'd anyway so you must have had permission to use him. He would have added more to the overall roster than Pudding or whatever.

They probably STILL had to design transforming vehicles for them, which would have just been plain difficult if they just worked off some of those original model(How the FUCK does one make a transforming forklift?). With the "clones", you can just base their vehicle off another character without a hassle.

Edited by Wraith

I can't get used to Beat the way he is in ASR:T, but I'm hoping to main Gum if she controls better for my tastes. (Don't get me wrong, Beat still is a good character. xD I just don't prefer him in this one, sadly.)

tumblr_m4dtysy2k71rwwn1ro1_500.png

I wanted to main Ulala but she sucks, even with the mods :( She's too slow and the mods doesnt make her as balanced as, say, Sonic, with them, I still need to unlock that Mega Drive mod though..

I played the game for a hour and i love this game too. I miss to much Alex Kidd but i don't lose my hope that SUMO DIGITAL will add a new slot to use ALEX KIDD as we show on videos on Youtube.

Sumo, sorry for my terrible angry days ago, the game is awesome (but add ALEX KIDD soon please).

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Dude, it'll happen but not until SEGA releases the DLC. Continually asking for SEGA to unlock the character will do nothing but become annoying.

Glad you're happy about Alex Kidd, but just wait until the DLC releases like the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 5

I played the game for a hour and i love this game too. I miss to much Alex Kidd but i don't lose my hope that SUMO DIGITAL will add a new slot to use ALEX KIDD as we show on videos on Youtube.

Sumo, sorry for my terrible angry days ago, the game is awesome (but add ALEX KIDD soon please).

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Can you please stop dedicating your entire time on here to your severe obsession with Alex Kidd? They've probably already decided on when to start releasing DLCs, so stop demanding so much from a guy who deserves a break and to enjoy the people's reactions to the game itself.

I think Ralphs Job in this game is to give me a hard time. sleep.png

He's gonna wreck you?

I've intentionally not unlocked Danica yet because I really don't fancy listening to her wooden acting for longer than I have to :P

I think Ralphs Job in this game is to give me a hard time. sleep.png

Going 2nd in the race...looking at front...who's going first? Ralph...not other racer but Ralph! WHY!? ;_;

'I may not be a bad guy but i am bad at racing'

Wow Ralph way to lie to us all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Concerning a certain trio, not sure if S0l would be able to talk about that one (doubt it), but...

When it comes to the Team Fortress trio, I'm rather surprised by the choice of characters. Now, the Heavy I'm not surprised about, but the Spy and the Pyro? I would personally rather have the Scout instead of either of them, it feels very much like there is a MASSIVE AMOUNT of missed potential there, it just feels wrong to have TF2 characters in the same game as Sonic and not have the Scout in there. I think Valve was likely the one who made the call, but in any case, not having the Scout in there is very disappointing. Still excited, but disappointed.

I also think the Engineer would've been more suitable for a game like this than the Spy, honestly.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I'm about to say something... Something that may not please a lot of folks.

I mean, after so much fuss on the forums, after so much of a storm that came from it's inclusion, I'm going to be completely honest...

I love playing as Pudding.

• Thumbs Up 3