Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I too am waiting for them to announce Billy in much the same way I'd anticipate a bandage being ripped off. The sooner they do it, the sooner they can get the agony over with.

I really hope he's not in the game though.

You mean you hate the excellent and only challenging platform game made by Sonic Team?

If dressing like a chicken is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

You mean you hate the excellent and only challenging platform game made by Sonic Team?

Woah, I didn't know Sonic Team made Sparkster! Can he be in the game?

Edited by PsychoJosh

It also has enough retarded kids in chicken suits.

It has none. That's too many.

Maybe, just maybe Sumo will make Billy into an anthropomorphic chicken just for you.....

SUMO DIGITAL... IS THERE SPANISH COMENTATOR IN SONIC AND ALL STAR RACING TRANSFORMED AS SONIC & SEGA ALL STAR RACING HAD?

Thank you very much.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

SUMO DIGITAL... IS THERE SPANISH COMENTATOR IN SONIC AND ALL STAR RACING TRANSFORMED AS SONIC & SEGA ALL STAR RACING HAD?

Thank you very much.

Amigo, tu maldita pregunta estupida se ha contestado varias veces ya. La repuesta es no, por favor, deja de molestar a ellos ya porque es maldito molesto.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you very much.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Think I've answered this already, we have an announcer who will be in Spanish, he calls out the laps, the weapons you collect and the finishing position, but there isn't a commentator who tells you what everyone is doing - as we don't have that this time. I can appreciate how easy it is to confuse the pair...!

...also, apologies for the wait, but I did say I was on holiday last week tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L

I just realized billy was annoying in the first game, with that cockodoodledoo noises.

Don't say that to Billy. In fact, I have fun playing with this little guy in the first game along with the other Sega characters.

Have anyone thought about the Virtua Fighter kids?

Edited by Shego13

Have anyone thought about the Virtua Fighter kids?

Won't putting kid versions in just piss off fans of the adult characters who missed their chance to be in the game?

S0L said there's a new trailer that will reveal the obscure IP track, do we think it will reveal any racers?

S0L said there's a new trailer that will reveal the obscure IP track, do we think it will reveal any racers?

I was browsing the game's achievements and I came across this achievement that may be the obscure/multi-IP track:

yc8nV.png

Given the other track names, like Graveyard Gig, Seasonal Shrine, Chilly Castle and Samba Studios, perhaps "Superstar Showdown" is the final track, and the track's logo will simply be the SEGA logo or the ASRT logo, and your goal is to race all the characters in a super hard race? Would be a fitting finale. Tons of different characters on the track, and tons of different IPs represented in one track? Perhaps that is where some of the racers/IPs from the last game appear? As NPCs and portions of their games serving as the track?

Also, has anybody else seen the icons for the achievements? The icons don't appear on xbox360achievements.org, but when I browsed them on my XBOX (via SmartGlass) I was able to see them all. TOns of JSR characters represented, some look like 3D versions of some GG's. Perhaps they appear as NPCs in the Graffiti City track? Also spotted a lot of secondary Sonic characters, like Rouge, Gamma and Emerl. If nobody has posted them yet, I can take screengrabs. I've yet to see them online. I assume the icons are all license stickers that unlock when an achievement is unlocked. I recognize a few that we've already seen, like Ristar and Ralph.

Here's a gallery of all the achievement icons: http://imgur.com/a/MEoRV/all

Some of the more surprising Achievement icons/stickers include:

the Metropolis Street Racer logo

Gamma

Emerl

Chaos

the lead character from SEGAGAGA

Cupil from Skies of Arcadia

Ryo

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a lot of JSR icons, most of which have artwork I don't recognize. Look like either new artwork or unseen concept art?

The Ristar one is based on the Mega Drive box art except his arms are in a different pose. Where did they find that?

Taro from Segagaga, oh maaaan. That's too awesome of a reference.

Edited by theGagaman

LOL Most of the icons for the achievements don't get even close to match with their name or objective haha

Genesis with a Werehog icon, and Team Sonic with a Shadow icon. Sumo is trolling everybody hard and nicely HAHAHA!

Edited by Jango

I find it interesting that the Segagaga protagonist is used for the achievement that requires you to unlock every character. He is from a game that basically oozes Sega fanservice, so maybe he's the uber hyped "ultimate fanservice character" (with his vehicles representing other Sega games). I for one would NOT mind that! =D

• Thumbs Up 4

I find it interesting that the Segagaga protagonist is used for the achievement that requires you to unlock every character. He is from a game that basically oozes Sega fanservice, so maybe he's the uber hyped "ultimate fanservice character" (with his vehicles representing other Sega games). I for one would NOT mind that! =D

Ehehehe

Oh man don't even hype me up like that hahaha. that would never happen! (hint hint reverse psychology)

I think a lot of the icons don't match the achievement names because i think they wanted to cram twice as many references in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't get my hype hopes up! SGGG star racing a vehicle that turns into various SEGA game vehicles (Hornet, After Burner Jet, Hang-On) or console inspired vehicles (Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast) would be too much for my inner SEGA fan to handle.

I would honestly be ok with sacrificing Alex kidd this one time (seeing as we got him in the last game and he was the best darn character to play as at that) if it meant we got a goddam Segagaga character. Though both would be even better of course.

Btw if anyone here has no idea who we are talking about here is a full picture of Taro.

taro_01.gif

Thinking about it, Sumo did seem to push back on the idea of Segata Sanshiro mainly because of the actor's likeness being a potential issue. But they seemed to still be implying that there are other fanservice characters that represent SEGA. Taro Sega would be a great alternative, and they did say that super fans would recognize the character. Not to mention Sumo, and SEGA, having a preference for Dreamcast era characters.

Honestly, aside from Segata, Taro is the best choice for an all-encompassing SEGA character that super fans would be excited to see that who would make total sense racing a vehicle that represents either multiple SEGA IPs or SEGA consoles.

Remember as well that Sumo had concept art of a Segata driving a Saturn-inspired car. What if Segata was dropped for Taro, and the car happening, thus explaining why they and SEGA ended up never releasing the concept art.

Food for thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

There were some negotiations with Sega of Japan regarding a certain char. Segagaga is an exclusive japanese DC game.

Taro is not exacty a videogame char, yet he is related to video-games and video-game industry.

Besides Segata, he's the true Sega man.

So what a hell.

Edited by Jango