Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

^ Exactly.

The 'Sonic and my friends' quote in the trailer is a bit worrying, as is the fact the other guest is video game related, not necessarily from an actual game. Plus there's at least one other secondary character in the game.

I don't think it's 100% safe to rule out a second WiR character just yet :/

Seeing as how I've given up on my most-wanted Sega characters to be in the game (Vectorman and Sarah Bryant) it doesn't really matter to me anymore and I welcome the inclusion of new guests. If there is another WiR character, Vanellope is a no-brainer as she's the deuteragonist of the movie and is from a kart racer.

^ Yes it IS safe to rule it out, There is no reason for having another WiR character when you have the main deal, Ralph was just referring to "his friends" being his fellow racers around him, because in his game world they clearly have friendly interaction outside of their respective gaming worlds.

If it was another Ralph character, what is the point in saving it for release, or hiding it TILL release? It's a stupid approach and is misleading us all on to thinking the third character is someone different.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's rough to really comment. From a lot of our positions we have a game with one guest character who drives in circles on another continent and a character from a film we aren't going to see until we've well past completed the game.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about inclusions or having a go. Though considering Sumo are five minutes down the road from where I'm typing right now, it would be nice if they included something at least a little relevant to other markets or the Sega fanbase. We have seen some crazy speculation (a cereal mascot...) but we only know it's related to gaming in some way. Banjo and Kazooie were pretty universal. Something like that would be great.

Edited by Andrew Albacia

In case you haven't seen them, the SEGAbits writers and myself have been counting down the days until the game's release with a racer roster salute. We've already covered 15 characters, and plan to salute five more next Friday followed by any remaining on the Friday after that (such as cameos and secret characters, whoever they may be)

salute1.jpg

------------------PART 1-------------------|------------------PART 2------------------|-------------------PART 3------------------

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 7

^ Yes it IS safe to rule it out, There is no reason for having another WiR character when you have the main deal, Ralph was just referring to "his friends" being his fellow racers around him, because in his game world they clearly have friendly interaction outside of their respective gaming worlds.

If it was another Ralph character, what is the point in saving it for release, or hiding it TILL release? It's a stupid approach and is misleading us all on to thinking the third character is someone different.

I honestly wouldn't mind a cheap stand-in for Sarah Silverman's voice.

Because you said that, I'm going to go look at Sarah Silverman's hot naked body again.

To be honest, I dont want to sound negative, but I really wouldnt care much if there was another WiR character, Venellope wouldnt be too bad of a choice, since I know Vectorman/Ristar/insertwantedcharacterhere wont be showing up as racer/s, Im totally fine with the rest to be anything Sumo decides to give us, Its an already excellent roster :3 but another part of me really wants those last characters to be great original characters.

Of course if the three characters are characters that you guys don't like, you could always do the sensible thing and just not play as them when the game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, didn't Sumo say that the third guest would be gamer-centeric; if another Wreck it Ralph character is in the game, that would go against what Sumo said. I doubt they have additional WiR characters in the game. We already have two guest racers to begin with (three secondary racers) and they know that the fans are upset with the racer roster as it is (deconferming fan-demanded characters like Vectorman and Ecco).

Edited by RK64

I think it would be cool to have Vanellope in the game, I'm not counting on it though.

She could "glitch" during transformations!

And maybe her All Star could be glitching.

She could "glitch" during transformations!

And maybe her All Star could be glitching.

Or maybe it could be something good instead?

I was thinking that her all-star could involve causing a rain of sweets to fall everywhere. Caramel drops everywhere on the road and it's really sticky so driving through it slows you down. Or maybe if she does it in her boat form, the entire body of water turns itno caramel so it's really hard for the other racers to move through it but her car moves through it just fine. Scoops of ice cream fall down and instantly freeze you if you get crushed under one. Or maybe her car produces a a giant candy machine and causes jawbreakers and gumballs to roll everywhere, crushing everyone.

what about Slenderman beeing the last guest character? It would be cool tongue.png

His All Star move would involve Tails Doll presence too.

*runs away

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 2

Or maybe it could be something good instead?

I was thinking that her all-star could involve causing a rain of sweets to fall everywhere. Caramel drops everywhere on the road and it's really sticky so driving through it slows you down. Or maybe if she does it in her boat form, the entire body of water turns itno caramel so it's really hard for the other racers to move through it but her car moves through it just fine. Scoops of ice cream fall down and instantly freeze you if you get crushed under one. Or maybe her car produces a a giant candy machine and causes jawbreakers and gumballs to roll everywhere, crushing everyone.

But the fact that ASMs are going to be downplayed in comparison of what we got last game means that there's little to no chance of this happening unless you just want one big puddle of caramel/whatever being dropped behind her (and even then, that wouldn't work too well in air segments. I personally say that they either A) Stick with the glitching concept (I really like the idea of her causing her vehicle to glitch to cause the transformation by the way) and have her teleport forward a little bit like she did in the movie, or B ) just have her use one of the weapons from Sugar Rush like the Ice Cream catapult thing, or the triple shot whatsit.

Edited by That Bastard Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite disappointed that they didn't use John C. Reilly for Ralph's voice in the game; I would much rather hear "My car just transformed into a broat." xD

Edited by Ethan Thomas
  • Thumbs Up 3

Once the PC version hits, I'm really hoping for a mod that changes all of Ralph's voice clips to Steve Brule.

• Thumbs Up 1

what about Slenderman beeing the last guest character? It would be cool tongue.png

Slenderman's one of the worst internet trends of recent memory. Is he supposed to be scary? Because he isn't scary at all. Oh no it's a tall guy in a suit with no face and he teleports around and if he catches you he z0rs you into the monkey cheese dimension!! Yeah, whatever.

His All Star move would involve Tails Doll presence too.

*runs away

Why would a shitty try hard to be spooky character created on the net be playable in this?

Edited by Tmsp

Slenderman's one of the worst internet trends of recent memory. Is he supposed to be scary? Because he isn't scary at all. Oh no it's a tall guy in a suit with no face and he teleports around and if he catches you he z0rs you into the monkey cheese dimension!! Yeah, whatever.

Why would a shitty try hard to be spooky character created on the net be playable in this?

I think he was kidding.

Don't be mean to Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog!

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm waiting for them to announce Billy Hatcher already. He has his own track in the game, he just has to be in unless Sumo is trolling us.

The House of the Dead track is a little different since there is no central character in that series and they need a few homages to Sega's arcade roots.

good god i hate you so much

I too am waiting for them to announce Billy in much the same way I'd anticipate a bandage being ripped off. The sooner they do it, the sooner they can get the agony over with.

I really hope he's not in the game though.

HRNG

Anyway, I don't care at this point who the third guest is. It isn't Mario, Kirby, Cap, or anyone else I care about, so unless it's naked women, it could be Barney the Fucking Dinosaur and I wouldn't care.

Edited by Birthday Boy Wario

I'm waiting for them to announce Billy Hatcher already. He has his own track in the game, he just has to be in unless Sumo is trolling us.

I too am waiting for them to announce Billy in much the same way I'd anticipate a bandage being ripped off. The sooner they do it, the sooner they can get the agony over with.

I really hope he's not in the game though.

Edited by PsychoJosh