Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Concerning a certain trio, not sure if S0l would be able to talk about that one (doubt it), but...

When it comes to the Team Fortress trio, I'm rather surprised by the choice of characters. Now, the Heavy I'm not surprised about, but the Spy and the Pyro? I would personally rather have the Scout instead of either of them, it feels very much like there is a MASSIVE AMOUNT of missed potential there, it just feels wrong to have TF2 characters in the same game as Sonic and not have the Scout in there. I think Valve was likely the one who made the call, but in any case, not having the Scout in there is very disappointing. Still excited, but disappointed.

I also think the Engineer would've been more suitable for a game like this than the Spy, honestly.

I'm very interested in seeing the reasoning behind the decisions for the tf2 guys. Particularly the vehicle design. Some people have said it should have been based on the payload cart bomb which would have been cool.

Looking at Pyro's car again, I can see they've used his yellow gas cylinders on the sides which is a nice touch. Heavy's boat has exhaust pipes that resemble the barrel of his minigun. I don't know what's going on with Spy's plane though. Maybe that particular type of plane has some relevance to secret agents?

Can't wait till S0L can talk about them.

Edited by w00tkins

Funny that it appears Billy Hatcher is nowhere to be found as a cameo, when every other past character makes a cameo. Makes me wonder if Billy was planned at an early stage and ended up being dropped.

Can one earn stars in the racing cups, or only in world tour? Also, are there hidden world tours?

Eggman is unlocked when you finish all of the GPs, but you can only get Stars through World Tour.

Can one earn stars in the racing cups, or only in world tour? Also, are there hidden world tours?

Nope, World Tour only Barry.

...seriously?

Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I must ask: who is in the starting roster?

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, BD Joe, Ulala, AiAi, MeeMee, Beat, and Ralph (Metal Sonic for WiiU). That's it, I think.

Extremely shitty choices.

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fucks sake accidentally just spoiled the super secret fan service character for myself in this thread, genuinely disappointed in myself now >_>

Ok so Gum, Pudding and Reala aren't important SEGA characters by a long shot but I was very impressed to see that they aren't at all clones, each with totally different vehicles from their series's protagonists.

...MeeMee... Not so much...

I'm still disappointed that MeeMee didn't have more of a flower themed vehicle, instead of just a repaint of AiAi's vehicle ;3;

But I guess they saw it fitting to give the recolor in a dress a repainted vehicle with spots

Yeah I would have preferred that as well, right now she sticks out like a sore thumb for being the clone of the game.

I still kinda wish they'd give Linda a playable role for once, she's so original looking and Samba De Amigo is clearly considered one of SEGA's key franchises yet only Amigo ever seems to appear.

I'm going to sound pretty pathetic here, but I'm topped out at about 135. It's to the point where I'm spending 30 minutes plus trying for just an A rank. It's disappointing since one of my most looked forward to characters was Reala...

I almost hope they release one of those "Unlock All" keys like they did with the first game. I realize that there's supposed to be some challenge and such, and that rewards and unlocks are supposed to be rewarding, but I'm to the point of frustration in a game I'd hoped would mainly provide me with fun...

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh c'mon guys, seriously? I got 170 stars in 10 hours of playing, and I'm all but pro - gamer! I usually don't play videogames a lot. My xbox can be turned off for weeks! I only over use it when A new game I care a lot is out, and that's how it went with ASRT. The first days it is out I litteraly burn the DVD :P. I had some challenge, and that's a good thing. Today's games are too easy, and people want everything unlocked in no time. Practice and practice :P

I'm currently sat at 180 stars after 10:30 hours of play.

But... I have to admit... I'm getting a bit bored.

I'm having to replay some of the events on Expert mode. Already done all the missions on Sunshine coast just working my way through the other cups now. But... I really am struggling to think 'why' well... the only reason is for the trophy.

It's just getting a little boring now, meh maybe I'm just going through the motions.

Edit: 19 more before I can hit that 200 mark and continue with the showdown cup.

I'm going to sound pretty pathetic here, but I'm topped out at about 135. It's to the point where I'm spending 30 minutes plus trying for just an A rank. It's disappointing since one of my most looked forward to characters was Reala...

I almost hope they release one of those "Unlock All" keys like they did with the first game. I realize that there's supposed to be some challenge and such, and that rewards and unlocks are supposed to be rewarding, but I'm to the point of frustration in a game I'd hoped would mainly provide me with fun...

become better at it. It's that simple.

While your struggling it may seem like a bad thing but once you're done completing the whole game, no matter how long it takes, it'll end up being an intense, satisfying and memorable experience. That's the way it should be

Edited by Djawed

I blasted through the entire thing in A-Class and now I'm working on getting through it in S-class since there's still stuff that even I can't access with my massive star count.

Massive first page update, added ALL the racers and MOST of the cameos. I know various Rudies (GGs and rival gangs) can be seen in Graffiti City but I've yet to spot them. Added

Space Harrier dragon and Wave Runner dudes

to the cameos list.

Fuck, this game's hardest difficulty is brutal. I suck at this game and will probably never unlock Reala or the one guy.

One thing I noticed, though, is that NiGHTS had some VA that we've never heard before (that "WOOO!" is amaaaaaazing). I'm wondering if Julissa (?) came back for new stuff or if they're reusing some of the MASSIVE STORES of unused content from JOD.