Barry the Nomad

I'm being taken completely seriously again? I don't like that o.o

"The one that we haven't announced yet tongue.png"

I can believe that~

The one that we haven't announced yet tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Dang, I was warned about this! But he's at least a new-comer or the super unlockable? :D

Why should? WiiU have the Miis already.

I hardly think anyone really counts the Miis or Avatars as 'exclusive characters'.

If there's no Wii U exclusive character, then I wonder if it's an exclusive track or something that comes with the Wii U Special Edition.

If there's no Wii U exclusive character, then I wonder if it's an exclusive track or something that comes with the Wii U Special Edition.

It's probably the edition that comes with some feelies. Remember the blog about the Danicar being made to tie in with the game? Maybe it's part of that.

It's probably the edition that comes with some feelies. Remember the blog about the Danicar being made to tie in with the game? Maybe it's part of that.

Yeah, but SEGA Europe only added a Wii U version of that Special Edition box art to SEGA Press, while the other versions uploaded that day were the Limited Edition :-/

Yeah, but SEGA Europe only added a Wii U version of that Special Edition box art to SEGA Press, while the other versions uploaded that day were the Limited Edition :-/

That doesn't mean the Wii U version couldn't be the only one to come with the car. Let's also not rule out the possibility that the 'Special Edition' was mistakenly uploaded, when it could have been a placeholder from before they decided on 'Limited Edition'.

Blagh. Oh well, as much as I wanted a Nintendo character in this, there not being one isn't a deal-breaker.

MeeMee already did that.

I hardly think anyone really counts the Miis or Avatars as 'exclusive characters'.

We do, both are quite a chunk of work to support from a vehicle design, rendering, networking and support point of view. Especially as we had to do the Mii stuff twice, once for Wii U and once for 3DS.

You get 5 player splitscreen, a host of GamePad features, Mii Support, Wii U specific game modes and of course the textures all look nicer as we've got more RAM to play with. What else do you want...? Moon on a stick? :P

What you get with the Special edition is the OutRun Bay track and Metal Sonic. There are no secret Wii U levels or characters aside from the things mentioned above.

Danica is still in all versions too - since there seems to be confusion there, ditto for Ralph.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just thinking... both guest characters are going to be slightly irrelevant to us UK folk (obviously Danica was almost considered being US-exclusive, and Ralph's film isn't out til next year). Is this mysterious third guest going to be relevant to all cultures if you can even say that?

We do, both are quite a chunk of work to support from a vehicle design, rendering, networking and support point of view. Especially as we had to do the Mii stuff twice, once for Wii U and once for 3DS.

From a design perspective fair enough, but from a player point of view I can't see them as anything more than a little extra. They're not really big draws like actual characters.

What you get with the Special edition is the OutRun Bay track and Metal Sonic. There are no secret Wii U levels or characters aside from the things mentioned above.

Just to clarify, we've seen four different editions of this game. Regular, Limited (Europe, with Metal Sonic and OutRun Bay), Bonus (North America, with Metal Sonic and OutRun Bay) and Special (Europe, Wii U, no other details). That's the one we're confused about. Did it the Limited Edition get a renaming on Wii U then?

I was just thinking... both guest characters are going to be slightly irrelevant to us UK folk (obviously Danica was almost considered being US-exclusive, and Ralph's film isn't out til next year). Is this mysterious third guest going to be relevant to all cultures if you can even say that?

It's relevant to gamers, but it'll make sense when it's announced.

From a design perspective fair enough, but from a player point of view I can't see them as anything more than a little extra. They're not really big draws like actual characters.

Just to clarify, we've seen four different editions of this game. Regular, Limited (Europe, with Metal Sonic and OutRun Bay), Bonus (North America, with Metal Sonic and OutRun Bay) and Special (Europe, Wii U, no other details). That's the one we're confused about. Did it the Limited Edition get a renaming on Wii U then?

So... We'll drop Mii's and Avatars next time then. That's easily a huge chunk of work we could have saved :P

As far as I know it's...

Bonus / Limited Edition - 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS - Name changes per region. Comes with a code to download the Metal Sonic / OutRun Pack in the box.

Special Edition - Wii U only. Name is same in all regions so far as I know. Comes by default with the Metal Sonic / OutRun Bay Pack already built in.

Standard Edition - 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS - Same all regions, doesn't come with a code to get Metal Sonic / OutRun Pack. Can't promise it will be released as DLC either at this stage.

That's what we're giving SEGA at any rate. They may change the names per region, hence Bonus / Limited edition, but I've not got any details on that. You'll need to ask SEGA!

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ah, fantastic, thanks. Even if it turns out to be a character I'm not interested in, it's great for speculation to know for sure it's a video-game (or related) character. =D

What else do you want...? Moon on a stick? tongue.png

Well... there is this one idea I have... it involves the 70's... and trousers... =p

Do we have an ETA yet? Only I know who it is but obviously not gonna say, just can't wait until people know. Or is it upto the S to the E to the G to the Ahhhhhh?

So this 'Special Edition' is just the Wii U Standard edition then? Makes sense now, you can't blame us for getting confused though haha.

Oh and about the third guest, S0L - without revealing who it is, what do you think the reaction to said guest's inclusion from the forums you visit will be? Will the reveal be on par with Ralph and Danica's or more/less of a big deal?

So... We'll drop Mii's and Avatars next time then. That's easily a huge chunk of work we could have saved tongue.png

As far as I know it's...

Bonus / Limited Edition - 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS - Name changes per region. Comes with a code to download the Metal Sonic / OutRun Pack in the box.

Special Edition - Wii U only. Name is same in all regions so far as I know. Comes by default with the Metal Sonic / OutRun Bay Pack already built in.

Standard Edition - 360, PS3, Vita and 3DS - Same all regions, doesn't come with a code to get Metal Sonic / OutRun Pack. Can't promise it will be released as DLC either at this stage.

That's what we're giving SEGA at any rate. They may change the names per region, hence Bonus / Limited edition, but I've not go any details on that. You'll need to ask SEGA!

---

S0L

---

No PC limited/bonus edition? :(

I wish I could preorder it for PC. Will we be able to preorder it when details (such as release date) are announced? (I understand if you can't answer this)

People actually thought that the special edition of the Wii U version was going to be different from the PS3 and 360 version, considering that the Wii U already has extra stuff due its exclusive functions such as the gamepad, better texture, etc? Hahaha, guys stop dreaming so high :P

People actually thought that the special edition of the Wii U version was going to be different from the PS3 and 360 version, considering that the Wii U already has extra stuff due its exclusive functions such as the gamepad, better texture, etc? Hahaha, guys stop dreaming so high tongue.png

Except everyone thought that the WiiU version and the WiiU Special Edition version were two different things. Thus, it would make sense to think that there'd be, you know, MORE THINGS in a Special Edition.

and I dream high all the time, baby -mellowface-

Edited by Sexy n' Smooth Wario