Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

Pop quiz for all you Spectacular Spider-man fans out there, where have you seen this setting before?

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the 1st ep when it came out and hated right from the get-go. What I don't understand is how some people actually liked it, said this show was gonna be awesome and now are taking everything back.

Edited by pppp

Pop quiz for all you Spectacular Spider-man fans out there, where have you seen this setting before?

It lacks the story telling that Spectacular had though. I don't feel attached to Octopus at all and he is just villain of the week. That is all.

I saw the 1st ep when it came out and hated right from the get-go. What I don't understand is how some people actually liked it, said this show was gonna be awesome and now are taking everything back.

Because the 4th wall breaking was a neat little gimmick for an opening episode, and the show actually looked like it had potential to get good.

It never got good. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. I really, really hated that clip.

Wow... I really don't like Doc Ock's design there, what's with the long hair? That's just me though...

And after watching that clip, I'm beginning to appreciate the sense of humor the first Avatar series had... tongue.png

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

It lacks the story telling that Spectacular had though. I don't feel attached to Octopus at all and he is just villain of the week. That is all.

I was hinting more at the fact that like in the Spectacular Spider-man this major fight with Doc-Ock also takes place at a carnival.

Because the 4th wall breaking was a neat little gimmick for an opening episode

For a Cartoon Network show maybe,but not Spider-Man. The last thing a Spider-Man show/movie needs is 4th wall jokes. Even if the show got better the 1st ep would still be just a terrible dump taken on the source material. Spider-Man should be dark and serious. You know like Spectacular.

I was hinting more at the fact that like in the Spectacular Spider-man this major fight with Doc-Ock also takes place at a carnival.

I know. I was just commenting on the video.

Spider-Man should be dark and serious. You know like Spectacular.

735471cf-5ee1-11de-a61d-852fda158ece.jpg

The last thing Spider-Man needs to be is dark and serious. Spider-Man has always been light-hearted, Spectacular was light-hearted as well, Spectacular just had much deeper stories and better characterization.

Edited by Winston

Spider-Man has always been light-hearted

This is light-hearted? :

gwen-stacy-dead.jpg

Somebody didn't read the comics.

Also the Lizard transformation was pretty graphic in Spectacular. Not something kids are used to nowadays.

Edited by pppp

Why is he fat? The show so far never protrayed him as a fat man.

Isn't Doc Ock supposed to dying of cancer or something?

This is light-hearted? :

gwen-stacy-dead.jpg

Somebody didn't read the comics.

Also the Lizard transformation was pretty graphic in Spectacular. Not something kids are used to nowadays.

spectacular-spider-man-jameson.jpg

This is dark and serious?

Seriously, what are the odds of Spider-Man being dark and serious compared to being lighthearted? That's about 1% out of 99%.

It's not really that it needs to be super dark and serious, it's just that it needs to take itself a little more seriously and find that perfect balance that I believe Spectaluar did. In Spectacluar, there was many moments of Spidey's quippage of awesomeness and light hearted moments like above, but there were serious moments as well, and it overall took itself a little more seriously then Ultimate Spider-Man ever has.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel that USM is the Sonic 4 of Spidey shows: It's decent on it's own merits (and IMO still worth watching), but a terrible Spidey show.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 6

Once again we have a decent episode, further cementing the schizophrenia this show has.

Its nice to finally see Spidey step up as a leader, and the jokes are far less obnoxious. This whole episode felt like a watered down version of A:EMH's Season 1 finale, but it was still decent.

Share on facebook Share on twitter

This will be the last episode of Ultimate Spider-Man for me, I even canceled it from recording on my DVR so I can't watch it.

This episode was boring, sure they weren't that many cutaways but the jokes were still corny. Nova and Spidey still have the annoying rivalry going on, and I'm tired of the team arguing about who the leader is, seriously? The voice acting is still bad, I don't know why but White Tiger's voice is grating to my ears.

Did they really need to turn Thor into a frog?

I tried giving this show a chance, but its clear that this show isn't for me. I guess with this being Marvel's first Spider-Man cartoon, and after watching Spectacular Spider-Man, I had high expectations. I certainly wasn't expecting to get this.

Just finished watching the latest episode, and here's something you'd expect me to say: I've seen it done better. This episode was literally parts taken from the Asgardian arc from Earth's mightiest heroes, and the Thor movie and stitched them together and shortened to about 20 minutes. Which resulted in a boring episode.

Oh and once more thanks for reminding us who everyone is YET AGAIN!

Did they really need to turn Thor into a frog?

No they didn't but it seems like they just wanted to work in a past story from the old Thor books which is why we got it. An admirable effort which in the hands of a better showrunner and writing staff could've made for a very fun episode, but alas...

Sooooo in other words this episode is a bigger waste than the last? Okay cool. I can skip it then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy's good news (or bad depending on how you feel about Drake as Spider-man) Drake Bell is voicing Spider-man in Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes. The bad new's is that all those appearances in EMH were re-dubbed and the original voice actor playing Spidey was none other than the greatest Spider-man himself Josh Keaton.

That's right Loeb went swapped Keaton for Bell: http://www.comicbook...m/news/?a=60850

Guy's I don't even know what to say, this is just horrid.

Edited by Balding Spider

I have nothing agaisnt Bell as Spidey...but seriously? Aren't they making a new Avengers series along the lines of the new Ultimate Spider-Man? Can't they wait for that?

Anyways, I prefer Josh Keaton the most over any Spidey voice-actor. (I also like NPH as well.) Ugh...so many stupid ideas....

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime

Hey guy's good news (or bad depending on how you feel about Drake as Spider-man) Drake Bell is voicing Spider-man in Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes. The bad new's is that all those appearances in EMH were re-dubbed and the original voice actor playing Spidey was none other than the greatest Spider-man himself Josh Keaton.

That's right Loeb went swapped Keaton for Bell: http://www.comicbook...m/news/?a=60850

Guy's I don't even know what to say, this is just horrid.

.......He's seriously trying to get everyone to hate his guts, because nobody can be this stupid.

I have better news. Josh Keaton is voicing Spider-man in the Amazing Spider-man. So they can have that crappy MMORPG.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have better news. Josh Keaton is voicing Spider-man in the Amazing Spider-man. So they can have that crappy MMORPG.

How much you wanna bet they'll redub him there too?

How much you wanna bet they'll redub him there too?

Kind of too late since the game is getting released in a manner of days.

Josh Keaton being replaced by Drake Bell? I think Marvel loves Drake a bit too much.