Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

Well, actually Venom escaped into the sewers, because that's where Doc Ock pointed when he said the Symbiote escaped.

Yeah but my point was it would've better had we seen Venom make his way into the sewers after getting loose rather than it happening off screen and having Ock tell us what happened.

Anyway we've got us a couple of previews for Episode 5 "Flight of the iron Spider"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSABqPgQzJE

Not gonna lie I like what was shown above however...

http://marvel.com/news/story/18551/ultimate_spider-man_episode_5_preview

*sigh* You know somethings fucked up when you're agreeing with J.J about Spider-man of all people being a menace to the public.

Yeah but my point was it would've better had we seen Venom make his way into the sewers after getting loose rather than it happening off screen and having Ock tell us what happened.

Anyway we've got us a couple of previews for Episode 5 "Flight of the iron Spider"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSABqPgQzJE

Not gonna lie I like what was shown above however...

http://marvel.com/ne...isode_5_preview

*sigh* You know somethings fucked up when you're agreeing with J.J about Spider-man of all people being a menace to the public.

Oh. Yeah, it probably would've been better if they showed how he escaped. The preview for Episode 5 looks pretty good too, especially the Iron Spider, and how can you not agree with a J.K. Simmons voiced J. Jonah Jameson?

"IRRESPONSIBLE......" Oh man I really thought they were gonna let him cuss. That would have made the series just that much more fun to watch. I'm actually anxious to see how this one will turn out. I've always love the Iron Spidey suit... (well the look) so now being able to see it in action, ON FREAKING TV is going to be great.

This interview is old but it essentially confirms that Ultimate Spider-man wont have any over reaching arc's like we've seen with other shows.

LOEB: That’s certainly something that we’re talking about. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.” The only thing that is a two-parter is the pilot, which will actually be shown in its entirety on Sunday, April 1st.

I been meaning to watch the show gor awhile, but I guess from the general recactions that it it really wouldn'y be wirth it, huh?

I been meaning to watch the show gor awhile, but I guess from the general recactions that it it really wouldn'y be wirth it, huh?

So, todays episode. thoughts?

Loved seeing the Iron Spider in animated action for the first time and that Peter is going to have the suit as a portable armor/backpack. also Iron-Man's VA from the anime must be a replacement for all animated iron-mans, the voice just fits his character SO well short of getting Robert Downey Jr. also liked the interdimensional joke, though that would've been a perfect opportunity for a spectacular spider-man or other spider-man series jokes instead they used 2 avengers cartoons which basically confirms that this is less of a spider-man cartoon and more of a young avengers with spider-man.

Otherwise eh, same typical crap.

I actually completely forgot about the last episode, and maybe the one before that. I know I said the Dr. Doom episode had swayed me a bit more positively, but apparently it wasn't enough to keep me on.

Honestly...I really don't care about keeping up with this. It isn't awful, but for a show with Brian Michael Bendis and Paul Dini on board, this should be way more appealing. When Spectacular was airing, new episodes were the highlight of my week. Ultimate is more the type of show I might be willing to watch if I happen to see it while channel surfing (Which I rarely do anyway), but I have no intention of looking up new episodes every week.

It's just not appealing to me as much as I hoped it would.

Edited by Speederino

The Super Hero Squad cameos made this week's episode. Absolutely hysterical. laugh.png

Hopefully soon this will be on the web somewhere soon, as I have no way to watch on TV as I'm in Canada.

Edited by Chaos Warp

check back a page or 2 I left a resource you can sign up to.

Thanks, but I'll wait until it's up on AnimeFlavor.com to watch it. Again, thanks anyway!

I can't be the only one here who only cares about Spider-Man and doesn't give a shit about the other superheroes, right? This isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, it's Spider-Man And His Shitty Friends. I really don't want to bring this up yet again, but...

Marvel took back the rights for Spider-Man TV shows for this? They cut off the best Spider-Man media in years for the sake of a glorified commercial?

Ugh... this show is making me really bitter. At least the Ultimate Spider-Man comic is even more awesome than I expected.

Ugh... this show is making me really bitter. At least the Ultimate Spider-Man comic is even more awesome than I expected.

Ha, I'm actually not even close to his story. I got a giant archive of USM comics (up to about 120 or something; not sure how I'll find the rest yet), and I started from the beginning. I was a little familiar with the universe beforehand, but this is my first time reading it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't be the only one here who only cares about Spider-Man and doesn't give a shit about the other superheroes, right? This isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, it's Spider-Man And His Shitty Friends. I really don't want to bring this up yet again, but...

Marvel took back the rights for Spider-Man TV shows for this? They cut off the best Spider-Man media in years for the sake of a glorified commercial?

I can't be the only one here who only cares about Spider-Man and doesn't give a shit about the other superheroes, right? This isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, it's Spider-Man And His Shitty Friends.

Edited by Balding Spider

I'd toss in Mark Wade whose been kicking ass in Daredevil, and Dan Slott whose gotten me to return to Amazing Spider-man.

I'll give you Dan Slott. I never been huge on Daredevil.

They did this to compete with Young Justice and they are failing horribly at it because Young Justice aims to have the young superheroes developing into a team that can be taken seriously.

Well here it is my most anticipated episode of Ultimate Spider-man, in which we meet Taskmaster.

Far too short to get a good idea of whats going on. doesn't look bad from the looks of it but then again this is ultimate so that may have only been the 10 seconds in the episode where theres no joking around.

• Thumbs Up 1