Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

Are you shitting me with this? Josh Keaton IS Spider-Man now. He's the best voice actor they've ever had for the character.

Has anyone asked how Josh Keaton feels about them retroacting all of his VA work in EMH with Drake Bell's? Bet that makes Josh feel like all the work he did was a waste of time.

Such a bullshit move, glad I stopped giving this idiot show ratings, for once i'm glad to be a pirate.

Has anyone asked how Josh Keaton feels about them retroacting all of his VA work in EMH with Drake Bell's? Bet that makes Josh feel like all the work he did was a waste of time.

JephLoebSucks.png

JephLoebSucks.png

That would burn me up soo bad, He should leak the audio clips so we can put him back in. Such a bullshit tatic...

Marvel is really trying to get spidey fans to hate them huh? Switching keaton for Drake? Worst decision in marvel history.

Okay we've got us two episode summary's for Junes Ultimate Spider-man episodes:http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=825

Ultimate Spider-Man

June 17th, 2012 at 11:00am - 11:30am (ET/PT) - "Freaky"

Spider-Man and Wolverine must overcome their clashing styles and personalities to team up against super-villains Mesmero and Sabretooth. When they find themselves literally looking through each other's eyes, 'team-up' takes on a whole new meaning in a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-Man

June 24th, 2012 at 11:00am - 11:30am (ET/PT) - "Venomous"

Things get personal for Spidey when his best friend Harry Osborn, and Harry's father Norman, find themselves in the middle of a conflict with one of Spidey's greatest foes, Venom, in a new episode of Ultimate Spider-Man.

And with this I am officially done with Venom, he's shown up twice already. There's only so many times you can enjoy having the same character(s) deal with a mindless beast.

There was a time when I said, " you can never have too much VENOM " .

That time has pasted now. I love venom. Hell he is one of my favorite marvel characters, but later this month, I will have seen him show up in a cartoon 3 times before a season finale. There is something seriously wrong with that.

That would burn me up soo bad, He should leak the audio clips so we can put him back in. Such a bullshit tatic...

not like he owns the voice clips in the first place, Disney/Marvel does.

It's bullshit, but i'm sure he doesn't care honestly, he got paid already, and it's not like he's a struggling VA.

not like he owns the voice clips in the first place, Disney/Marvel does.

It's bullshit, but i'm sure he doesn't care honestly, he got paid already, and it's not like he's a struggling VA.

Actually I do believe any VA can keep recordings of their works by request for Reels. I'm sure he has them around.

God, more Venom? I like Venom and all, but having him three times is a bit extreme. Can't we give Rhino, Sandman, or Hell, even J. Jonah Jameson more time as a villian?

Wow, Marvel must REALLY be trying hard to get people to hate them.

Oh, this just keeps getting better and better. IGN did a piece on the EMH controversy, and another nugget was revealed: Josh Keaton actually auditioned for the role in Ultimate.

Maybe they just wanted to disassociate with Spectacular, but it still bugs me that they picked Bell over him. I don't even hate Bell, but...choosing him over Keaton?

Oh, this just keeps getting better and better. IGN did a piece on the EMH controversy, and another nugget was revealed: Josh Keaton actually auditioned for the role in Ultimate.

Maybe they just wanted to disassociate with Spectacular, but it still bugs me that they picked Bell over him. I don't even hate Bell, but...choosing him over Keaton?

I.... woah they had Keaton and replaced him with Bell? They had him?! My mind... can't make sense of this illogical bullshit right now. I-I need to lay down for a bit.

If Marvel is honestly trying to make people hate them, they are succeding.

The problem with the show is that Jeph Loeb does not understand how animation works.

He thinks animation should just be for kids.

Some shows like Batman the animated series, the legend of Korra, and the aninimanics are accessible for kids, but Adults can enjoy them too.

The names attached to this show should not have produced this disgrace. Same goes for the animation budget. Dear god they had the perfect storm and they screwed it up. I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread so far. The jokes, the writing the lack of anything interconnected, and the intolerable characterization is downright insulting.

They had two great shows running with Specatcular and EMS. Instead of simply taking things and revamping them they took the property and "Loebotomized" them as the internet would put it. As a kid I could tell this thing is shit. What kept me coming back and waking up early for cartoons on Saturday was the ongoing stories and build up. If you are doing self containing stories, you have to make the cast even more entertaining to come back to each week, not an grating bunch of unfunny morons.

Word on the street is that the new Hulk series Agents of Smash not only will pretty much be exactly like this show in the nonsense and cutaway department, but also has their entire cast will have the same Hulk powerset. So like 5 Hulks running around with USM writing and cutaways on a reality TV series. That sounds absolutely awful from where I am standing. The new Avengers show will be the same way with the cast from the Ultimate Spidy show as well.

These people know they're working a shit show too. Someone needs to get Loeb way the hell away from the animation department. He has no idea what he is doing and is pretty much the source of all the shit wrong with what's been produced so far.

• Thumbs Up 5

So yeah, when are new episodes coming back?...

It's airing Fathers Day. Featuring the Wolverine episode by Bendis.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WSJgosUJ1E

This is going to be my last viewing episode BTW, if Bendis can't even make this seem fun then all is beyond lost.

@Tiller, don't even bring up that new Avengers show. It's bad enough that they canceled a great show like EMH for an Avengers reboot, but to do it just so they can make it as close as the movie as possible just show's their focus is once again in the wrong place.

Edited by Balding Spider

*eye roll* and to think they thought it would be a good idea to can spectacular for this pile of shit.

*eye roll* and to think they thought it would be a good idea to can spectacular for this pile of shit.

They didn't, an unfortunate series of events occurred after the Disney/Marvel buyout, where Marvel wanted the animation rights back from Sony, in return for Sony having extended movie rights, but since Sony owned all of the particular elements for SSM version of Spidey, this meant Marvel had to start from scratch. Weisman did a more detailed explanation of everything that happened

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=14223