Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

I guess this will be happening in Season 2 btw:

Lizard, Rhino, Beetle, Electro and Kraven the Hunter will be facing Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, White Tiger and Nova in season two

And I may as well report on the other marvel cartoon shows since theres no thread for them.

Loeb on the Avengers Assemble cartoon and EMH:

Loeb is now addressing "the elephant in the room" — Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He says he knows there are a lot of fans of the show out there, including himself. As he said yesterday at Cup O' Joe, Loeb states that Earth's Mightiest Heroes was "always going to be 52 episodes. That's a pretty big number, and a lot of shows never get there."

Loeb says that they wanted to "transition out, just the same way we do it in comics," again comparing it to when Brian Michael Bendis took over Avengers in 2004. "That's what we're doing. We're not in any way saying Earth's Mightiest Heroes never happened. You will see an epic conclusion. And then you'll say, 'Oh, what's next?'"

And what's next is Avengers Assemble. "It's a cast that has a lot of similarities to the cast in the movie," Loeb says. "It will have that epic tone, it will have that humor, it will have those kinds of huge battles."

And finally Loeb talks a bit on how Agents of SMASH came to be:

"We went to our friend, two-time Emmy winner Paul Dini, and said, 'Hulk, what do you want to do?" Loeb says. "And Dini came back and said, 'What about the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.?"

Impressions and other remaining info can be found here: http://www.newsarama.com/tv/sdcc-2012-marvel-television-presents.html

Honestly I'm not liking the sound of anything here. It's nice to see more Spider-man villians in the show but really after everything they've do up to this point I just don't really care, and it comes across as them realizing the show blows and doing this out of desperation. And I'm not buying that Avengers Assemble is a continuation of EMH at all, hell Loebs discription of the Falcon himself contradicts this.

At this point I'm expecting the villains Loeb mentioned to be more "bad guys of the week" like Doctor Doom and Venom were in this show.

I'm not entirely sure how relevant this is to Ultimate Spider-Man (Though it probably is), but uh...get a load of this announcement.

T9I9Y7YyIV.jpg

Yeah...wut? Well, I guess my nephew will love it, and I understand Phineas and Ferb has some adult appeal. Still, this is completely out of nowhere.

That's interesting, I get Batman Meets Scooby Doo vibes from it, mite b kool

Spider-Man is not only breaking the 4th wall now, he's also breaking down the walls between television universes.

Is Marvel intentionally trying to piss off it's fans now?

Edited by Chaos Warp

Why yes, yes they are.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is just.....I...Just......Fucking what?!

I'm soo confused right now. we are still in reality right?! why would Marvel think this was a good idea at all?!

Having caught a few episodes of Phines and Ferb in the past I'll be the first to say this could potentially be a funny episode. I mean it is the same show that introduced the idea of a cheese based carnival fun zone and made it look fucking awesome.

These guys are no strangers to the bizarre.

This is just.....I...Just......Fucking what?!

I'm soo confused right now. we are still in reality right?! why would Marvel think this was a good idea at all?!

what the fuck is your problems, it's just a cute little tie-in, since Disney owns Marvel, you're acting ridiculous.

I'm sure it'll be amusing, P&F is funny from what i've seen, why the fuck would this piss off fans. quit gettin mad over children's cartoons.

I'm not entirely sure how relevant this is to Ultimate Spider-Man (Though it probably is), but uh...get a load of this announcement.

T9I9Y7YyIV.jpg

Yeah...wut? Well, I guess my nephew will love it, and I understand Phineas and Ferb has some adult appeal. Still, this is completely out of nowhere.

Honestly, with how USM is going,I would prefer if Marvel stayed away from Phineas and Ferb. P&F is a really good cartoon (by todays standards) and just letting these two universes collide with fuck up anything Marvel is trying to do with USM.

Honestly, with how USM is going,I would prefer if Marvel stayed away from Phineas and Ferb. P&F is a really good cartoon (by todays standards) and just letting these two universes collide with fuck up anything Marvel is trying to do with USM.

How so? I think this is going to be at least six levels of awesome~

I'm sorry, but this is kind-of stupid. It doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Even if Disney owns Marvel, that doesn't mean they need to do a cross-over with "Phineas and Ferb".

I'm sorry, but this is kind-of stupid. It doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Even if Disney owns Marvel, that doesn't mean they need to do a cross-over with "Phineas and Ferb".

Of course they don't need to. They just want to do a fun little crossover. What's the problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course they don't need to. They just want to do a fun little crossover. What's the problem?

Because it doesn't make sense, and it just came out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure no kids were like "Man, I want Phineas and Ferb to cross-over with Spider-Man and the Avengers!" It's like Disney was out of ideas and wanted to come up with the most stupid thing possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because it doesn't make sense, and it just came out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure no kids were like "Man, I want Phineas and Ferb to cross-over with Spider-Man and the Avengers!" It's like Disney was out of ideas and wanted to come up with the most stupid thing possible.

you'd rather they'd have a crossover with like "good luck wizards kickin it farm" or whatever.

Like i said, Batman and Scooby Doo, everybody loved those crossovers when DC did them, what's the deal with this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

you'd rather they'd have a crossover with like "good luck wizards kickin it farm" or whatever.

Like i said, Batman and Scooby Doo, everybody loved those crossovers when DC did them, what's the deal with this one.

No, I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a stupid idea either.

Because, that cross-over was nearly 40 years ago, and nobody can really "bitch" about something that happened nearly 40 years ago, and I really didn't even like it all that much, but eh, some people did I guess.

Why is the Red Skull there but not Captain America?

Edited by Dr. Horrible

Beat's me why they cut Cap guys.

Anyway this is the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon thread, that means we should only be focusing on ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN TOY PLUGS!

And here I thought the Spider-cycle was a lame plug...

Anyway this is the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon thread, that means we should only be focusing on ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN TOY PLUGS!

Why does he need a gun to shoot projectile webbing when he was already able to do the exact same thing without it? That's like giving Iron Man a strap-on jetpack.

Edited by Speederino

Jeezus, it's "The Batman" with how much product placement there is.

Also, Loeb is a lot older than I thought he'd be........he still sucks tho.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does he need a gun to shoot projectile webbing when he was already able to do the exact same thing without it? That's like giving Iron Man a strap-on jetpack.

Because TOYS Speederino! But in all reality there is no excuse for this, I'm still questioning why he's got this armor on instead of say the high functioning iron spider armor.