Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

I'm sorry, but this is kind-of stupid. It doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Even if Disney owns Marvel, that doesn't mean they need to do a cross-over with "Phineas and Ferb".

Could've been worse, they could've done a crossover with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

So, Man of Action responded to people's reactions of Ultimate Spider-Man:

Spoiler alert: They're stuck up pricks who don't give a shit about what you guys think because you "live" on the internet and the show's for kids.

Edited by Zero-Boom

Spoiler alert: They're stuck up pricks who don't give a shit about what you guys think because you "live" on the internet and the show's for kids.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 7

Yes, because the Internet ruins your tastes and makes you hate on their "wonderful" shows for kids. rolleyes.gif

Man of action, we have nothing to do with the failure of this show It's you and the majority of the writers that are to blame. Don't you dare try to pin the blame on the haters, they have their reasons to hate this cartoon, and you should not brush it off as manchildren hating kids shows. Kids shows are capable of entertaining both kids and adults, and this is something your cartoon fails to do.

Man I remember when MOA was cool, but he seems to have had a shitty run for his shows.

Like between the original Ben 10 and Generator Rex, I cant think of any other decent shows he worked on.

Well, fuck them. If they want to keep on with the "It's for kids." bull-shit, then they can keep on doing it, because I'm not watching it anymore if they aren't even going to TRY to make it better. What did Spectacular Spider-Man and the Spider-Man 90's series do that this series isn't doing? Oh right, they made the show for all audiences instead of for "6 to 10 year olds", and of course they didn't take away the characters' average personality and replace it with one of the most annoying personalities I've ever seen on television. Believe it or not, teenagers and adults still watch cartoons, take Batman: The Animated Series for example, I can watch that show for HOURS. Can I watch Ultimate Spider-Man for hours? Fuck no, I'd be in an Asylum right now going crazy.

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really don't get what the big deal is with this crossover. It's just the writers of a genuinely good show getting to have some fun by mixing the characters from their universe with the heroes of another very recognizable and respected one. What's the harm? It's not really "kiddifying" Marvel any more than Superhero Squad did, and honestly, I expect the Phineas and Ferb writers to handle Spidey's personality a heck of a lot better than Ultimate Spider-Man has. Sure, it's an odd combination, but that's the charm of it. That's what makes it funny. It's not meant to be taken seriously at all, so I'm just going to watch it and most likely enjoy it.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I really don't get what the big deal is with this crossover. It's just the writers of a genuinely good show getting to have some fun by mixing the characters from their universe with the heroes of another very recognizable and respected one. What's the harm? It's not really "kiddifying" Marvel any more than Superhero Squad did, and honestly, I expect the Phineas and Ferb writers to handle Spidey's personality a heck of a lot better than Ultimate Spider-Man has. Sure, it's an odd combination, but that's the charm of it. That's what makes it funny. It's not meant to be taken seriously at all, so I'm just going to watch it and most likely enjoy it.

If Sonic had a crossover with... Say, Barbie, what would your reaction be?

Fans of Spider-Man aren't really happy to see this crossover, mostly because Phineas and Ferb are mostly for a younger audience while Spider-Man is mostly for teenagers-adults. Personally I still can't understand WHAT THE WISP were they thinking when they planned this crossover, it's a horrible idea personally. Phineas and Ferb DOES NOT GO ALONG with Spider-Man NOR The Avengers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, the majority of fans love this ideas, P&F is really well respected so I've seen a bunch of praise and excitement for this.

This is like literally the first place I've seen respond negatively to this idea

• Thumbs Up 1

If the crossover was sharply written or tied to a really good Barbie cartoon, I'd say "go for it!"

Fans of Spider-Man aren't really happy to see this crossover, mostly because Phineas and Ferb are mostly for a younger audience while Spider-Man is mostly for teenagers-adults. Personally I still can't understand WHAT THE WISP were they thinking when they planned this crossover, it's a horrible idea personally. Phineas and Ferb DOES NOT GO ALONG with Spider-Man NOR The Avengers.

Could've fooled me with such adult-centered concepts like Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and Spider-Ham. rolleyes.gif

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Could've fooled me with such adult-centered concepts like Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and Spider-Ham. rolleyes.gif

Never said it always needed to be for teenage-adults lad, but generally it's for teenagers. :P

Eh, it's just me, personally I don't like Phineas and Ferb. So yeah. spinsmile.gif

Actually, the majority of fans love this ideas, P&F is really well respected so I've seen a bunch of praise and excitement for this. This is like literally the first place I've seen respond negatively to this idea.

Really? because from browsing Toonzone (which praticually the biggest animation forum there is) for 10 or so minutes they seem pretty lukewarm to this idea and pretty much vocalizing what we have been complaining about USM, that the writers suck ass and if they have anything to do with this crossover its a no deal.

So this isn't just a "oh its the SONIC fanbase" thing, we have been pretty much mirroring what Toonzone has been saying so far.

Wait, they have their powers stolen right? Couldn't Iron Man just build a new suit?

Wait...Iron Man has his powers stolen? How is that even possible? He doesn't have any powers, he has a suit, and I'm pretty sure you can't remove that kind-of stuff from a suit.

"Joe Quesada said to make a show that 6-10 year old kids would love and would remain true to the spirit of the character"

The guy also said Spidey should make a deal with Mephisto to undo 20+ years of character development. Why are we listening to him, again?

Why is he even working? I mean Ultimate Spider-man is doing better than the Amazing Spider-man series(comic book wise) and that doesn't even have Peter Parker in it. And true spirit of the character my ass. Ultimate Spider-man(the comic series) was specifically aimed at teenagers and young adults and, so by definition, the cartoon series should be targeted at the same groups that the origins represents. Hell, I dare them to try to make a Marvel movie for kids just like they are doing with the cartoon.

Fuck this guy and fuck Loeb and fuck Marvel.

Wait...Iron Man has his powers stolen? How is that even possible? He doesn't have any powers, he has a suit, and I'm pretty sure you can't remove that kind-of stuff from a suit.

Well technically Iron man does have the extremis, which is like a biological technological super program in his head that grants him super powers like a healing factor, other abilities I'm currently forgeting.

And since there's no other place to put this:

This is the show I always wanted Marvel to put out. A comedy based on the suckiest of there comic book characters. And now that I got it.... I find it really terrible, I only laughed at the Paste Pot Pete name.

Well technically Iron man does have the extremis, which is like a biological technological super program in his head that grants him super powers like a healing factor, other abilities I'm currently forgeting.

And since there's no other place to put this:

This is the show I always wanted Marvel to put out. A comedy based on the suckiest of there comic book characters. And now that I got it.... I find it really terrible, I only laughed at the Paste Pot Pete name.

Hmmm... Well it gave me a chuckle here and there, but overall it's pretty meh. Shame, cause a show like this sounds like it has potential. And that animation is terrible, are they pitching this show to adult swim or something?

Though I find it kinda funny that Howard the Duck has a "Donald Duck" like design again, especially since way before Disney bought Marvel, Disney was actually threatening to sue the comic company due to Howard's similarity to Donald. Dunno why I find the humor in that. *shrugs*

T9I9Y7YyIV.jpg

Unseen, just off camera, is Carnage.

Cue musical number.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Guys if you thought this version of Spider-man was bad just wait until you see what the showrunners have done to one of his most iconic villians. Go to trailers & clips and select Ep. 17.

http://marvelkids.marvel.com/shows/161/ultimate_spider-man

I'm of the opinion that re-inventing a character doesn't always have to be a bad thing, I mean look at Sports master from Young Justice, or Hank Pym and the Wasp from Earths mightiest heroes. But this? It's just terrible, who thought this was a good idea?!

Guys if you thought this version of Spider-man was bad just wait until you see what the showrunners have done to one of his most iconic villians. Go to trailers & clips and select Ep. 17.

http://marvelkids.ma...mate_spider-man

I'm of the opinion that re-inventing a character doesn't always have to be a bad thing, I mean look at Sports master from Young Justice, or Hank Pym and the Wasp from Earths mightiest heroes. But this? It's just terrible, who thought this was a good idea?!

But...but but but...his name is SandMAN!

Gah, fuck! really? who thought of that brilliant idea to make Sandman "Sandboy"?!

Even worse is that they got the same VA who voice acted Ben in Ben 10. doesn't fit at all.