Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Not really. If they have to sync to the sever to be valid, then wouldn't any people with their consoles not connected to the internet never have validated trophies?

That's pretty much what I meant when I said it answered itself. And honestly I do think its kind of weird that this powerhouse of a console cannot do a background task like syncing trophies in the background. It'll probably have that feature where the console powers itself on at a certain time of day and updates/syncs itself.

this powerhouse of a console cannot do a background task like syncing trophies in the background

Damn I am a repetitive bastard.

Edited by Noel

That's pretty much what I meant when I said it answered itself.

So trophies are basically non-existent for someone without internet.

That's pretty bad...............

Edited by Chaos Warp

That would be the same if it were on an xbox one too, they still get trophies and achievements. But until they sync their rewards to the server it will not show up for others viewing the profile.

Well... the whole point of Trophies is sharing them on the internet.

And this is why mandatory installs are a crock of shit and Sony really should have invested in a faster blu ray drive.

And it would still be considerably slower than what you can get on HDDs.

No it's not.............

You can still collect them and view them on your console when you're not connected to the internet. The only difference is that others won't see it until it's synced. But that begs the question - if you don't have an internet connection, who would even be on your friends list?

That would be the same if it were on an xbox one too, they still get trophies and achievements. But until they sync their rewards to the server it will not show up for others viewing the profile.

So basically what this means is that you can still get all the trophies and rewards, it's just that other people can't see them unless you sync them to the server. 

No it's not.............

You can still collect them and view them on your console when you're not connected to the internet. The only difference is that others won't see it until it's synced. But that begs the question - if you don't have an internet connection, who would even be on your friends list?

Okay. Sorry, I misunderstood how the PSN trophy system worked. 

Is there a way to transfer data from one HDD to another? If I want to upgrade at a later date, how do I move data from the drive which came in with the PS4? Or I'm screwed and have to start from scratch?

• Thumbs Up 1

Backup feature packs all (ALLLLLL) of your HDD data into a compressed file you can move via USB. Then you pick the Restore option after swapping and it reformats and unpacks your stuff on the new drive.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Backup feature packs all (ALLLLLL) of your HDD data into a compressed file you can move via USB. Then you pick the Restore option after swapping and it reformats and unpacks your stuff on the new drive.

How much does it compress it down? Like, to transfer over all the data from a full 500 gig HDD, how big of a USB would I need?

So hold on the hard drive itself can only hold like 3 games, because of the mandatory installs, to earn trophies you have to be... online?, I have to pay for online multiplayer, ughhhh sony I love the R&C series, the sly series, and well you will definitely be getting 3rd party support, but some of these decisions you're pushing me toward getting the wii u.

to earn trophies you have to be... online?, I have to pay for online multiplayer,

lol you won't have to pay to sync trophies.

You can use some online functions and services without PS+ trophy sync will definately be one of them.

lol you won't have to pay to sync trophies.

You can use some online functions and services without PS+ trophy sync will definately be one of them.

No I knew that sorry I didn't mean to write that as a question it was more of a complaint...actually it was.

How much does it compress it down? Like, to transfer over all the data from a full 500 gig HDD, how big of a USB would I need?

Barely anything, so that'd be a fucking huge USB lol. Optimal procedure is to delete data you can install or download again later (that'll leave you with saved games and little else, which is all you really need to transfer).

So hold on the hard drive itself can only hold like 3 games, because of the mandatory installs, to earn trophies you have to be... online?, I have to pay for online multiplayer, ughhhh sony I love the R&C series, the sly series, and well you will definitely be getting 3rd party support, but some of these decisions you're pushing me toward getting the wii u.

There's more than 400Gb available. You can have an indeterminate amount of games installed at once since sizes may vary (from less than 1 Gb to 50), but certainly more than 3.

Trophies can be earned offline obviously and yes, you need an internet connection to upload them to the... internet. People complain that the process isn't automatically done the moment one pops up, at least with the current firmware.

So I was looking at some Kingdom Hearts III pictures yesterday and I just gotta say wow! It's amazing how well the series transferred into next gen!

post-44797-0-44107900-1382146221.jpg

It still captures the same atmosphere, while feeling new and fresh. It still feels like Kingdom Hearts, despite the mega update given. The extra details in the world,the lighting, the illumination, wow.  It just feels more... natural. This new engine has really done wonders and I can tell this game is trying to push both the PS4 and the Xbone. I can tell that the PS4 and Xbone have given Square much freedom to be imaginative with the series.

But onto my main point that I'm trying to make.

This generation really does amaze me with how far we've come as a gaming world. Worlds can be remade while at the same time still feel like their respective worlds, characters  we've grown up with can be given a even more life, emersion in the game can be taken to a new level! It's a exciting thing to see happen right in front of us. I can only imagine how the PS4 will transform other big series. Sly Cooper, Jak and Dax,Sonic, Uncharted,GoW,etc. I expect great things from this system, and so far from what I've seen, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I was looking at some Kingdom Hearts III pictures yesterday and I just gotta say wow! It's amazing how well the series transferred into next gen!

post-44797-0-44107900-1382146221.jpg

It still captures the same atmosphere, while feeling new and fresh. It still feels like Kingdom Hearts, despite the mega update given. The extra details in the world,the lighting, the illumination, wow.  It just feels more... natural. This new engine has really done wonders and I can tell this game is trying to push both the PS4 and the Xbone. I can tell that the PS4 and Xbone have given Square much freedom to be imaginative with the series.

But onto my main point that I'm trying to make.

This generation really does amaze me with how far we've come as a gaming world. Worlds can be remade while at the same time still feel like their respective worlds, characters  we've grown up with can be given a even more life, emersion in the game can be taken to a new level! It's a exciting thing to see happen right in front of us. I can only imagine how the PS4 will transform other big series. Sly Cooper, Jak and Dax,Sonic, Uncharted,GoW,etc. I expect great things from this system, and so far from what I've seen, I doubt I'll be disappointed.

The next Sonic game better go back to the Unleashed art style. I have nothing against Lost World's art style but Unleashed's detail is too tasty.

I just recently played the Sonic Generations Unleashed Project and I need more of that.

Edited by KrazyBean

The next Sonic game better go back to the Unleashed art style. I have nothing against Lost World's art style but Unleashed's detail is too tasty.

The way I see it: Lost World is like candy. Sweet and fun. While Unleashed's style is a sophisticated/fancy dinner.Both are nice, don't get me wrong. That's just how I see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

PS4 won't support 3D Blu-Rays

Oddly, the PS4 won't support playback of 3D Blu-rays, according to the online user guide (spotted by TheSixthAxis).

Though DVDs and Blu-rays are fully supported and CD support is to be patched in, the "Playing video on disc" section of the User Guide says that 3D Blu-rays are not supported.

The PS3 plays 3D Blu-rays just fine, which makes this especially strange. Sony has left 3D by the wayside in the past two years, having attempted to push it hard in the middle years of PS3's lifespan. This would appear to be another nail in its coffin.

We've asked Sony whether it's possible that support might be patched in at a later date.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/ps4-wont-support-3d-blu-rays

Seriously Sony? huh.png The PS3 can play Blu-Ray 3D discs just fine, and it's not like digital 3D films (fortunately for studios, digital 3D films are from what I've read a lot harder to pirate; and 3D screens bring in extra revenue) or 3D Blu-Ray discs are going anywhere anytime soon.

Exactly when did (initial) incompatibility with older/current consoles and media formats become part of the definition for "next-gen"?

.......................I didn't even know 3d Blu-Rays were a thing up until now.................

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Probably another one of those things they've left out, that will be patched in later....

Curious oversights.

I guess things couldn't go so perfectly for them forever. There had to be some stuff wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably another one of those things they've left out, that will be patched in later....

Curious oversights.

I guess things couldn't go so perfectly for them forever. There had to be some stuff wrong.

Eh, it's not that bad. All these problems are more of an inconvenience and nowhere near as bad as the DRM Xbox One had...just saying.

• Thumbs Up 2