Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I doubt they force it. That would hurt support more than help it. It's not like a free Vita is in every box, so I doubt many publishers want to waste money on it.

They're not. Like I said, Sony built it all in already. Ubisoft said in an interview it took half a day to get Assassin's Creed IV running on Vita, and another day or two configuring the controls.

It's been confirmed - Sony requires it in every game that doesn't use the Eye or Move.

They're not. Like I said, Sony built it all in already. Ubisoft said in an interview it took half a day to get Assassin's Creed IV running on Vita, and another day or two configuring the controls.

It's been confirmed - Sony requires it in every game that doesn't use the Eye or Move.

it still kinda irks me when they say things like "most games" or "or some games" will support Remote play when they say things like "all games will" when they first announce the ps4, but I guess the Eye/Move thing is understandable.

Got to try one at a kiosk in my local Gamestop. Controller is definitely nice and I would like one, but I don't plan on getting a ps4 until later next year.

Has anyone actually got a chance to try Vita cross-play? 

I haven't, but you would think they would set up knack or something with remote play seeing how in most places the ps4 and vita are on the same display.

it still kinda irks me when they say things like "most games" or "or some games" will support Remote play when they say things like "all games will" when they first announce the ps4, but I guess the Eye/Move thing is understandable.

Got to try one at a kiosk in my local Gamestop. Controller is definitely nice and I would like one, but I don't plan on getting a ps4 until later next year.

Fun fact: the Dual Shock 4 works with most PS3 games via Micro-USB cable connection. Didn't try this yet, as didn't get one yet, but many PS3 games do work with Dual Shock 4 such as Bioshock Infinite, many of the Call of Duty tittles, most of Sony's first party games and many others. The only game I know doesn't work with DS4 is FIFA (dont know which version....).

Edited by RK64

2 Killzone Shadow Fall trailers are up:

Tech trailer (showing off their engine):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0h3T_Y9B0Y

Launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBAkj5Egok

Edited by KrazyBean

I figured this would happen..........................Jesus Christ WTF IS TAKING UP THAT SPACE!?! Is it anything that can be deleted?

Edited by Chaos Warp

PS+ users better invest in a new HDD.

Or we could just delete them once we're finished?

I think the space of digital games this gen was always going to be an issue and yeah the leftover free space is shocking.

As for whats on there.

You have the usual space a HDD needs taken up for... whatever reasons that space is taken up for in HDD's.

You have the OS.

You have that Playroom thing.

Then you have... urm... urm.... the magic pixies that make it do the wonderful things it does.

I figured this would happen..........................Jesus Christ WTF IS TAKING UP THAT SPACE!?! Is it anything that can be deleted?

Operating system and the extra data that comes on the hard drive.

Your 500 GB computer isn't actually 500 GB of usable space.

Operating system and the extra data that comes on the hard drive.

Your 500 GB computer isn't actually 500 GB of usable space.

Well, better make sure I get a 1.4 TB HDD for my PS4 when I get it...................

Shiiiiit. I can't even have that many PHYSICAL games.

I might have to wait even longer until this thing comes built with more space.

Don't forget that all games can be installed while you play. It's a simple matter of deleting the data of games you don't play anymore once you're done, and having to deal with a few minutes of possible slowdown while it installs next time you pop the disc in.

Don't forget that all games can be installed while you play. It's a simple matter of deleting the data of games you don't play anymore once you're done, and having to deal with a few minutes of possible slowdown while it installs next time you pop the disc in.

Can you delete the install data while keeping all the save data and stuff on PS3? If so I assume it'll be the same on PS4. 

Can you delete the install data while keeping all the save data and stuff on PS3? If so I assume it'll be the same on PS4.

Yes, you can.

Though if you have PSN+ running (and you will if you intend to play online) you'll also have cloud storage, so theres more memory saving options, especially for bastard sized save files.

And this is why mandatory installs are a crock of shit and Sony really should have invested in a faster blu ray drive.

It is faster, faster than the PS3's at least. Also the cost of a faster blu-ray would be off-loaded straight off onto the consumer. 

It would be cheaper to just put in a bigger hard drive.

So if trophies have to be sync'd to the server, how do they even work if the console isn't connected to the internet?

So if trophies have to be sync'd to the server, how do they even work if the console isn't connected to the internet?

Doesn't question answer itself?

It's not a big issue, but the fact you still have to actually sync them to the server like you have to do on the PS3 is still a bit ridiculous. With the PS3 you have the excuse 'well they were an after-thought.' But why this isn't done the moment you get one or as a background task which is invisible to the user is beyond me.

Doesn't question answer itself?

Not really. If they have to sync to the sever to be valid, then wouldn't any people with their consoles not connected to the internet never have validated trophies?