Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

More comments from a Sony representative about broken PS4s. The failure rate is .04%...that is minuscule.

Don't think we're out of the woods yet, the rate could increase massively once the console actually gets released to the masses

Don't think we're out of the woods yet, the rate could increase massively once the console actually gets released to the masses

Indeed. This isn't an accurate sample size. Depending on how things go... the actual release could see a large increase in the rate or a large decrease. Possibly not much shift at all.

Glorious statistics!

The high performance of Sony's stocks indicates most investors' money (literally) is on this being a fluke so far. Let's hope they're right!

...though to be blunt even with the failure rates being high I still am seeing this doing better than Xbox One.

Edited by Ogilvie
  • Thumbs Up 1

sorry, forgot to remove a 100, make that 4 in every 10000, still kinda high considered we are dealing in millions

Uhuh, but this is the electronics industry.

Such failure rates are part and parcel of the technology. Its almost impossible for there not to be any failures with brand new technology.

Speaking of inFamous I have Cole's messenger bag from the inFamous 2 Hero Edition and pretty soon I'll be getting the inFamous: Second Son CE with the hat.

I like my useless tat :lol:

If current age Naughty Dog was to work on another Crash I'd probably hyperventilate. 

Uncharted/Crash crossover was the first thing that came to mind and now I'm laughing.

you do realize that .04 of 1 million is still 40,000, you are having 4 in every 100, thats pretty high, and for a widespread launch like this that is a TON of failures

Xbox 360 had a 60% failure rate.

Look at how popular it became.

If current age Naughty Dog was to work on another Crash I'd probably hyperventilate. 

Considering that they wanted to ruin the Jak and Daxter series by making a super realistic reboot, this scares me a little.

Still, i always hoped for all the goons Nathan faced to be in reality minions of Dr. Cortex.

On the Parappa game: considering the genre and all i'm betting on a DD only game, maybe with a physical copy only for the Vita version.

You need an internet connection to view trophies.

You can definitely earn Trophies while playing PS4 games offline, but if you try to look at your list when you've disabled the console's internet connection, you'll get the following error message:

[Connect to the Internet] is turned off.
(NW-31484-0)
There's no caching of data, either. Even if you viewed your Trophies and then disconnected from the internet a second later and tried to look at the list again, you'd get that same message. It seems that whenever you bring up the Trophy list, the PS4 attempts to contact Sony's servers, and it won't display the list unless it can sync to get the latest version

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/14/5103898/ps4-what-you-cant-do-offline

Erm... why?

That's what I was fucking worried about......................fucking trophies ARE basically non-existent unless you have an internet connection! Fucking hell, patch this shit Sony! This is like Trophy DRM!

really

is this not the case with the PS3?

Trophies don't do anything more than give wanking rights to online player bases anyways, I'm not seeing a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

You can view trophies you get when offline on your PS3, and even on your Vita (though it's limited to Vita only games).

So why is this the case for the PS4?

Oh and in some good news.

Your PS4 does not NEED the new firmware to opperate. It will download it in the background and allow you to play with the launch firmware.

That's what I was fucking worried about......................fucking trophies ARE basically non-existent unless you have an internet connection! Fucking hell, patch this shit Sony! This is like Trophy DRM!

You are overreacting so much right, it's hilarious.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 9

Relax, amigo. This will probably be fixed in due time.

• Thumbs Up 1

When in doubt, I'd use Google, myself. I have to anyways for a lot of trophies because otherwise I don't know how to get them. This is a non-issue for me by extension.

It seems weird but I'm sure they have their reasons for making trophy viewing online only. It's not that big a deal in my view. Now, actually banning you from acquiring trophies while offline, on the other hand...

Can't you earn them offline?

Oh my god... Oh god! OH GOD!

Okay... you know the guy from twitch last night who was 'fixing' his PS4 in an epically bad manner...

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

He's back!

He's deliberately re-created the fault and is now trying to fix it again in another way! I Just... WHY!?

Edit: He has just put the game in the PS4... upside down...

If you can't view them, how do you know you even have them?

Same way you know if you get an achivement on your Xbox. You get a pop up.

Isn't Crash still with Activision though?

I believe so. But he's so strongly associated with Sony I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was able to secure an exclusive deal with him. I mean, if Nintendo can get SEGA to sign an exclusive deal, why couldn't Sony do the same with Crash Bandicoot, who was theirs to begin with?

Same way you know if you get an achivement on your Xbox. You get a pop up.

That seems weird that it can tell you you unlocked an achievement, but can't display a list of unlocked achievements... seems kind of, uhh...

..dumb?

That seems weird that it can tell you you unlocked an achievement, but can't display a list of unlocked achievements... seems kind of, uhh...

..dumb?

Greatness Awaits!

Breakness Awaits!

Updates Awaits!

Europe Awaits!

You can collect them offline on PS3. I have done this, I assume the situation is the same with PS4.

In any case, you need to calm the -eff- down.

Edited by Scar