Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

The PS4 still supports playing regular Blu-Ray movies right?

Also, considering Knack and to a much lesser extent KIllzone Shadowfall's reviews, I suppose Resogun is confirmed for the killer launch app?

Edited by Chaos Warp

I wonder what to buy... I want to get in on the B2G1 deal on Amazon. Two copies of Killzone (one for my friend which he'll pay me back on) and AssCreed for free? Is AssCreed good?

I wonder what to buy... I want to get in on the B2G1 deal on Amazon. Two copies of Killzone (one for my friend which he'll pay me back on) and AssCreed for free? Is AssCreed good?

Yes. AssCreed 4 is good...the second best AssCreed game, with 2 being the first of course.

Edited by KrazyBean

So the embargos are being lifted for the PS4 launch titles...the best received titles are the ports of PS3 titles (flower and Sound Shapes to be specific). (The following percentages are all from GameRankings).

Killzone: Shadow Fall is right now getting "good, but not great" scores, most of them 7s and 8s. 75.22%.

Resogun's getting "just about" great scores so far, mostly a mix of 8s and 9s with a few 6s/7s. 81.75%.

Contrast is getting "okay" scores so far, with a couple of 6s and 7.5s. 62.50%.

Knack is getting mediocre reviews so far, with reviews being all around the place a la Sonic Lost World. Knack has some 7s, 6s, and 5s, with one 8.25 and a few 4s and 3s. 57.39%.

This doesn't look good.

Ah yes, completely forgetting about the bombshell coming a few months from now in the form of Infamous.........

And I don't see how 8/10 is a "good, not great" score. 8/10 is a great score to me.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Right...

So you know how a guy got a PS4 early which broke... I am now starting to question how that PS4 broke... because he's now on twitch TV doing a livestream of himself... fixing the PS4. Despite Sony telling him they would take it in for repairs as it's under guarantee.

Okay so thats not quite whats happened.

Guys PS4 breaks.

Guy goes on twitch to try and get people to offer a fix.

Guys friends on skype offer epic bad advice.

Guys on the twitch chat offer epic bad advice.

Guy believes advice... starts to 'fix his console'

Why do I think there might be more to how this PS4 broke?

Comments so far from the stream

"I hope removing the Hard Drive doesn't void the guarantee"

"Maybe I can take it back to Taco Bell for a replacement".

"The system won't turn on... It must be the hard drive that needs replacing"

Actions so far from the stream

*Takes apart the PS4's core components and reassembles them... thinks this will not void his warranty*

*Constantly checks skype for messages whilst he's holding parts of the PS4 in his hands*

*spends over an hour trying to get the disk out of the system, constantly comments on how 'the disk is still in there.' dismantles the drive and discovers... he had already taken the disk out."

This live stream is STILL going on right now. http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

It's like... it's like a car crash, I can't turn it off, I'm just shaking my head at some of the things he's doing to try and fix the PS4, despite Sony offering to fix it/offer replacement for free!

Edit: Despite the operation on his new console... the PS4 will still boot up, load details from the PSN and he's now trying a game out.

Edit 2: Knack is currently installing...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, this has been more or less expected for a while now. Bummer, but launches are always like this. In any case, I'm gonna give Killzone a shot and mess around with the PS Plus stuff.

Guess it's just a matter of waiting to see how the Xbone's launch exclusives fare. If not well, then I guess we just had a really lame lineup on all the consoles this gen.

HE DID IT!

Following on from my post a moment ago. The guy has fixed his PS4! I've no idea how he did it or the original problem, but he's fixed his PS4. Currently watching him play Knack and play with the stream options!

HE DID IT!

Following on from my post a moment ago. The guy has fixed his PS4! I've no idea how he did it or the original problem, but he's fixed his PS4. Currently watching him play Knack and play with the stream options!

He clearly did not know what he was doing. I bet something was lose/reseated something and that's why it now works.

If he himself doesn't know how he fixed it he didn't, it was an accident. (I don't know if he does or not, but I doubt it)

While its disappointing that Sony's first party line up is a bit weak with the PS4's launch (really expected Knack to be much better than that, really liked what I played of it at the GameStop demo station :(), that's okay, as reviews are more subjective than anything else (will never forget the Unleashed HD review from IGN angry.png....) and getting a game like Killzone at launch is a very great thing; the 1st party line up could have been much worse (like the PS3's launch; Genji and Untold Legends were very underwhelming and the exclusive Gundam game looked like something out of the PS1 era....).

Infamous looks to be the show-piece game for the PS4 though (it looks amazing and it looks to improve the already excelent Infamous formula with even more powers to play with :)), and with Order and DriveClub (along with all the great indie stuff) right around the corner, things look great for the PS4 games-wise :).

HE DID IT!

It's bricked again

iY0XHGbhOsIVU.gif

So yeah the dude who got the PS4 called Sony Support a couple of times before they told him to they would send in an empty coffin box for him to put the console in so it can be sent back to Sony and repaired before sending it back yet again in 5-6 days time.

Edited by Nintendoga

Don't know why some are so surprised that the launch line up isn't great. I sort of expected it cos launch games are rarely good. Xbone will probably be the same.

Hmmm, about the only good console launch ever was probably the US launch of the dreamcast with SA/Power Stone/Marvel Vs Capcom and Soul Calibur.

Other than that, maybe the GCN with SSB? Original Xbox 1 had Halo and JSRF which were pretty great, but it also had Azurik, Star Wars Obi Wan, Bloodwake and about a billion other shitty games. 

Hmmm, about the only good console launch ever was probably the US launch of the dreamcast with SA/Power Stone/Marvel Vs Capcom and Soul Calibur.

Other than that, maybe the GCN with SSB? Original Xbox 1 had Halo and JSRF which were pretty great, but it also had Azurik, Star Wars Obi Wan, Bloodwake and about a billion other shitty games. 

Heard the Wii and PS2 enjoyed a strong launch. I can't speak on the quality of their launch titles though, don't really know much about them.

The PS4 was overhyped due to Sony slapping MS' shit at E3, that's probably why.

This. No-one should have reasonably expected Sony to be able to pull out a launch line-up which would match up to the staggering amount of hype and goodwill they've generated over the past few months, but, it seems some people did, and so disappointment was inevitable, resulting from a conflict between hype and reality.

Admittedly, I wasn't expecting much anyway, and have thus far been unsurprised by proceedings.

Edited by Heinous Creature

This. No-one should have reasonably expected Sony to be able to pull out a launch line-up which would match up to the staggering amount of hype and goodwill they've generated over the past few months, but, it seems some people did, and so disappointment was inevitable, resulting from a conflict between hype and reality.

Admittedly, I wasn't expecting much anyway, and have thus far been unsurprised by proceedings.

Why not? Just because there was a lot of hype doesn't mean they can't live up to it. 

The xbone launch lineup looks way better.