Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

It's a mass manufactured electronic device, it was never going to be 0% - but you're gonna need a bigger sample to quantify.  Estimating %s is premature right now.

On other news, that new PS4 launch trailer has a lot of nice subtle references.

Including the one where they imply a new Crash Bandicoot.

Link please?

Expecting a console, or hell, anything to live up to its hype was expecting too much from the start, but really? The Ps4 is the farthest thing from a failure, it's not even officially out yet people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link please?

Crash reference @ 0:49

whatsthat7wd6g.jpg

Crash silhouette -> Totally not SCE symbol at all

DeathSquad podcast supposedly mentioned they're bringing back a franchise.

And they're making new game announcement(s) in about 12 hours....

there's also a parappa in that video

• Thumbs Up 7

The DeathSquad podcast explicitly states the franchise being revived has to do with space, so unless Crash is pulling a Mario Galaxy it's not him.

Colony Wars maybe.

Maybe it's got to do with space marines.

Marines are basically sailors

Shenmue 3 has sailors, a 3 and is never coming out

Half Life 3 confirmed

There where some rumors going around yesterday about a new PaRappa game for the PS4 and Vita if I'm not mistaken and now he appears on the launch trailer?

Oh boy! I gotta believe!

Edited by Tmsp

Crash reference @ 0:49

whatsthat7wd6g.jpg

Crash silhouette -> Totally not SCE symbol at all

DeathSquad podcast supposedly mentioned they're bringing back a franchise.

And they're making new game announcement(s) in about 12 hours....

there's also a parappa in that video

What, so we might be getting a new Crash and Parappa game on the PS4 in the future? And this new crash game is pulling a Mario Galaxy (with all the hints regarding Space from ND)....guess the PS4 really is going to bring back Classic Playstation from the PS1 and PS2 eras smile.png.

I really hope that this rumored Parapa game lands on Vita though; the amount of imputs the system has (the touch scree, rear touch pad, d-pad, and buttons) would make the rapping much more deep then the original game.

Edited by RK64

Wound't surprise me if they were making Crash Galaxy, honestly. I'd take it if it was actually good though.

I'm not really claiming to know of every instance of failure. I just said I've counted 9 instances. Which so far, based on what I know, regarding the number of units that have probably gone out, I calculated a failure rate of less than a quarter of a percent.

You're blowing this all out of proportion. To an almost ridiculous degree too, if I may add. If you're going to act like this is some huge widespread, RROD-level problem, then bring me hard facts. So far, the number of failures seems to be perfectly normal for an electronic device.

Well, is the failure rate is indeed low, is it just a really bad coincidence that almost every one that got sent to a gaming site is having the issues? It seems a bit fishy..................

And if you're calculating based on what you know, that's not really accurate because there's so much that you don't know. We don't have accounts from everyone who got a PS4 early. I guess we can't really say how bad the hardware breaking is, though the fact that almost all the sites reviewing the PS4 had the issue is worrying. If it was a non-widespread issue, you'd think that this bad of a coincidence would not happen. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

The funny thing is that Crash has been in space before; the hubs in Crash 2/3 were in space or a space-ish thing and some of the levels in those games were in a space/future looking environments, so Crash has been in space before, just not that being a core part of its gameplay.

It could work really well; with Crash's spin attack, he could 'orbit' object near him ala Astroid wisp from Lost World (with that being used for some creative level design in some cool ways).

• Thumbs Up 2

If they announce ZOE 3 and a new Crash game in this event then I would just explode...somewhere. Just look at this!

original.jpg

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

With these launch issues (hardware problems, cosmetic problems, lackluster launch lineup, etc), people are going to probably get worried about buying a PS4, giving Microsoft and Nintendo an advantage. I hope that Nintendo is going to swoop in and do something that will help the Wii U. Or that it was only a coincidence that most of the early shipped consoles are breaking down.

Edited by Wil348

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ryse_son_of_rome/b/xboxone/archive/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-rome-is-as-fun-as-dialing-phone-numbers.aspx

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-rome-and-its-low-slung-combat-ceiling/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81910/ryse-son-of-rome-preview-pretty-boring

Last week previews. But the embargo will break soon on Xbone games anyways so wait for that, watch some videos and decide yourself. Reviewers are people* with their own bias and opinions that may differ from yours.

* certain evident clowns excluded

I haven't actually read any of those articles - 'least, as far as I can remember. Thanks. As for forming my own opinion, I'm generally fond of hack n' slash games, and am able to tolerate a fair amount of repetition far as combat systems go.

Really? That's not what I've been hearing. I've been hearing people say that the story is filled with cliches, but the actual gameplay is much less linear then your average CoD campaign and features much more exploration, and while that's good I've also heard that the multiplayer is awesome and the best thing about the game, mixing standard Killzone flavor with a new level of accessibility. 

Oh yes, and not just with regards to the beta, either. The accessibility they speak of is in the removal of the sense of weight and realism with regards to wielding weapons and performing actions whilst holding them (something which was considered a nice feature in Killzone, and contributed to it's identity amidst an overcrowded genre) in order to speed up the gameplay. I'm not necessarily faulting their decision, and I'm aware that comparisons to Call of Duty seem inevitable to some extent with almost every FPS nowadays, but this isn't about that. This is about beta players and journalists playing the game and making direct comparisons to Call of Duty as an adequate description for how the gameplay feels. Apparently there's a bit of Halo in there, too. Go figure.*

*Do bare in mind that this is based solely on the descriptions and reports I've seen from journalists and people who participated in the beta. Your experience may differ.

Edited by Heinous Creature

So, if that Infamous bundle is real, anyone else purchasing it when it comes out?

With these launch issues (hardware problems, cosmetic problems, lackluster launch lineup, etc), Sony are giving Microsoft and Nintendo an advantage. I hope that Nintendo is going to swoop in and do something that will help the Wii U.

Define, "giving Microsoft an advantage"

For all we know it could be just as bad or worse on the One, in terms of hardware and cosmetic problems. 

So is Infamous a new IP or is this a sequel to something? And what's the game like, what kind of genre is it?

Infamous is not a new IP, Second Son is a sequel and it is an open world action game.

Personally I've never played an Infamous (and every other PS3 exclusive really) game before due to lacking a PS3.

Edited by KrazyBean

So is Infamous a new IP or is this a sequel to something? And what's the game like, what kind of genre is it?

It's a sequel, but not really connected to the previous games plot-wise in any way that you HAVE to go back and play the rest of the series. It's an open-world superhero-styled action game where you can do parkour and other cool things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVCHRztSb8

Here's a video with some various gameplay of Inafmous: Second Son

Edited by Chaos Warp

inFamous is probably my favourite new IP this Generation. Both of the first 2 games were exceptional. Excellent story, great characters and writing. Everything about the series is excellent, and I'm hyped as fuck for Second Sun....

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm, dat trailer with all dat references: i can taste them one by one.

Also, Sony's better not playing around with that Crash signpost: they probably know that everybody will be pissed off if it's not what they expect.

-or it could be a new PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Let me dream-

• Thumbs Up 2

More comments from a Sony representative about broken PS4s. The failure rate is .04%...that is minuscule.

"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.

There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .04% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

Edited by KrazyBean

More comments from a Sony representative about broken PS4s. The failure rate is .04%...that is minuscule.

you do realize that .04 of 1 million is still 40,000, you are having 4 in every 100, thats pretty high, and for a widespread launch like this that is a TON of failures

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

you do realize that .04 of 1 million is still 40,000, you are having 4 in every 100, thats pretty high, and for a widespread launch like this that is a TON of failures

Please tell me you're joking.

Edited by Heinous Creature

It does seem to be a year where dormant mascots are returning to the fore – Ty, Sly Cooper – or mascots have had increasingly better games – Rayman, Ratchet – so it would seem appropriate for Crash to make his return about now after having some meh years after the mid-2000s (as most platformers did past that point). We can only hope Sony finally managed to get Activision to agree to something, because so far it seems like Activision just wants to sit on Crash until he asphyxiates.

I hope whatever Crash game comes, if one does, goes back to its roots. Companies need to stop trying to re-invent the wheel, and instead focus on keeping classic playstyles while at the same time keeping the games feeling fresh. No more “jacking” monsters or any of that bull. Where’s the TNT, the Nitro, the crates, the Uka masks? It sounds silly but hey, nostalgia’s a powerful weapon.

Whatever Sony’s doing, its stock price is up 13% since the 12th. It’s obvious the PS4’s issues apparently aren’t enough to bog it down.

Please tell me you're joking.

sorry, forgot to remove a 100, make that 4 in every 10000, still kinda high considered we are dealing in millions