Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Chaos Warp.

Graphics are not infinite power. You're going to get Pop-In. Forever.

I know several 360 games that have no visible pop-in.

Pop up isn't necessarily related to graphics power so much as how the game's rendering engine is built in relation to the system architecture. The only system that is an exception is the N64.

• Thumbs Up 4

Watch Dogs PS4 bundle to be replaced by Assassin's Creed 4

New PS4 bundle to be available from November 29.

ps4_assassins.jpg

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_ps4_bundle_to_be_replaced_by_assassins_creed_4.html

Not a bad alternative.

Well played Ubisoft. Not bad at all. I REALLY hope that Watch Dogs turns out good in the end.

Edited by KrazyBean

I got my hands on the PS4 in my local GameStop; was the first person to use the koskit there after the GameStop clerk set the system up. The screen at the demo station was OLED (and as we all know from the Vita's screen, makes everything POP off the screen :)), so playing Contrast and Knack were visually great experences.

Contrast, while I played very little of it, looked like a very fun game; its a 3d puzzle platformer but with the twist of you being able to turn into a shadow on the wall, entering a 2D plane. It looked very nice, but had more fun with Knack. Knak was really surprising; honsistly didnt expect much out of the game outside of it being the 1st party kid game for the system launch, but it turns out that may not be the case. The gameplay felt like a mash-up between God of War's combat, Ratchet and Clank's Pixar-esc look, and the linar level designs from the PS1 Crash tittles; it all meshed up pretty well. The graphics looked good, had alot of color to them and the game ran at a very solid frame rate (was 60 FPS alot more that 30 FPS, outside of when you use the specal attacks, then the FPS dips down to 20-25FPS).

The biggest thing I took away from the demo station was the DS4; it felt amazing. The anolog sticks felt much more confertable then the DS3, the triggers felt tight (even better than the 360 triggers to me honistly), the D-Pad feels like it was ripped out of a Vita (aka really great; theres a reason why fighters and 2d platformers are best on the system :)), and the touch pad felt great (reminds me of my laptop touch pad outside of the DS4's being a button to).

Came away with largly possitive impressions with the PS4, and outside of the demo station lacking major games (Killzone and Resogun should have been playable; those scream next-gen :() and the Vita at the station being unconfeteble to use (the wire-thing was locked in place; couldn't move it around), the station is a great place to show people what the PS4 can do :).

• Thumbs Up 3

We recently had so now Sony's released four more trailers that focus on the DualShock 4, Remote Play and the games. 

Four new PS4 trailers prep for the US launch. Show controller, Remote Play & games
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/11/06/four-new-ps4-trailers-prep-for-the-us-launch-show-controller-remote-play-games/

Less relevant, but still:

1394012_439999222772193_583648620_n.png

Sony, you never cease to amaze me.

-Reggie is still better though-

• Thumbs Up 8

1080p 60fps uncompressed gameplay videos of Battlefield 4 on the next-gen systems. Much like the Killzone: Shadow Fall video, you have to download it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-battlefield-4

EDIT: After watching them...yeah, the next-gen versions wipes its ass with the current gen versions. I played BF3 on the 360 since launch so I think I have a good idea of what I'm talking about, and let me tell you, DICE delivered their promise on bringing the PC experience on console.

EDIT 2: The PS4 version looks better, no question about it. The Xbox One version is suffering from over-saturation and crushed blacks, whilst the PS4 version has the same contrast and saturation as the PC version. I'm not saying it looks like crap, but it definitely doesn't look as good as the PS4 version.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I've come to the decision that next year I will embark on a quest to buy a Playstation 4, a quest for greatness.

Lol.

But yeah, I'm gonna start saving for one then I'll probably get the Watch Dogs bundle (if that's still happening when Watch dogs releases).

0qMelJd.jpg

wow

very appropriate

such fitting

much luck

i fix it

much better now

so beautiful

On a more serious note, I'm seeing ads for the PS4 November 15 launch at my store. Same goes for Xbox One for it's launch a week later.

Not like I would actually be getting one, but I definitely can't help but want to check it out if I can. Maybe they might even have a kiosk set up or something, although I doubt it. :v

Edited by Gabe Scrooge

PS4 teardown

ibjd1E1MTIedKS.gif

so heat dispersion

wow

very tech

amaze

much video

im sorry

i5XSUWUjgpUy1.gif

OH. So the Hard Drive is a normal one and not a Sony-specific one! I think that was even a Western Digital Caviar Black HDD. Excellent stuff.

Sony gets it. No one likes a beast sized power brick! Plug it in straight to the mains, plug in a HDMI cable, done. Simple and fast.

Comic Sans is the best

original.jpg

Here is a comparison pic of the innards of the PS4 and Xbox One.

Edited by KrazyBean

That Antonio Banderas gif sure is reaching beyond GAF lately. lol

Yeah, saw the teardown earlier. Much amaze, indeed.

Wow, the PS4 inerds look so....clean? It looks much sleacker than the X1's inerds, but what really surpised me was how easy it is to remove the heard drive; pop the system  with some simple screws, then take out the screws for the HDD and BOOM, out without any hassle.

Beautifully elegant video this...Nice, clean and simple, while also being rather informative....at least to those who are familiar with how electronic internals work...

I wonder if this time Sony will swap out the highly efficient and quiet fan that they designed the system for with a much louder (and presumably cheaper) one that doesn't work as well. Took them two months to do it with the PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4SUl69RFJ8

Some guy who works at random warehouse X says that they have them, and they're just sitting there waiting... so he took one home. He has it and it works.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sony-playstation-4-pre-order-thread-399-11-15-2013-a-1348430/471/

p98UGeN_zpsaa6328ec.jpg

SHR46FU.png

A few details from the guy.

UI is VERY SMOOTH even on FW v1.00
Responsive just like the old XMB but faster.

Game loading is a bit slow the first time you load a new game... After installing data in the background, game loads up much faster initially and between levels... (Killzone SF installs almost all the game data on the PS4 HDD, but it does it in the background while the game is running. The initial background installation while running Killzone does have some slight slowdowns here and there on, but nothing too bothersome.)

*** I am thinking of trying to install a SSD on my PS4 to speed up the loading times even more... I will wait until v1.50 update is installed...

Dualshock 4 charging while the system is off is working on FW v1.00

he PS4 retail box follows the PS Vita box trend of making it much thinner compared to the PS3's retail box lol...
You will see what I mean on November 15th 2013.

Also note on the side of the box, it denotes the color of the console on both left and right side (in this case it is "Jet Black") and all the accessories that comes in the box is denoted on the left side. Underside of the box, it denotes specs of console, legal and copyright information in English/Francais.

Packages VERY similar to the PS Vita with the same circle taped security sealed on the box.

I have a PS4 (retail version) under my TV right now, and as of now, Firmware v1.5 is not yet available to update... Many features lacking at the moment... Local single player campaign of Killzone SF and Knack.. No PSN, no multiplayer as of right now.

my0MxsR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't believe that guy jacked a PS4 from his work warehouse.

I work in a warehouse and can't fathom someone getting away with that considering how many people are around pretty much every day and the security booth guys busting my balls over bags but yeah whatever I guess I'm not particularly devious either.