Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Skipped to 4:20 and someone was doing some Pit cosplay. Cool. Saw some artworks, too.

And what's up with people knowing how to play a video game?

Oh and Sega was giving away free lollipops and avatar awards.

Is SEGA suddenly a pedophile?

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is SEGA suddenly a pedophile?

Sega are a strange bunch. Who knows what went through their minds when they decided to give Amy the theme 'My Sweet Passion'.

Overall, the video doesnt offer anything too new, but at least certain parts are clearer than the previous videos.

Edited by Hyper-Shan

How has nobody pointed out that in the Oil Desert Screenshots that there are 4 warning signs right beside eachother? They are practically holding your hand throughout the entire game.

Edited by Speedza-Demon

How has nobody pointed out that in the Oil Desert Screenshots that there are 4 warning signs right beside eachother? They are practically holding your hand throughout the entire game.

Yeah but... have you seen how shit the majority of people are at Sonic games?

• Thumbs Up 8

The warning signs are better than having a super guide which basically plays the game for you -_-

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah but... have you seen how shit the majority of people are at Sonic games?

Much as the hand-holding really annoys me, this is far too true. The amount of times I saw videos of people playing Generations and giving up on it cause they didn't grasp the concept of holding the jump as opposed to just tapping it was just ridiculous. People are stupider than Sonic games are easy.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, but sometimes the game needs to hold the player hands especially when reviewers are complaining about pits even when they put warning signs everywhere.

I'd rather the pits not be there at all, and have some sort of lower/less favorable path to go through instead. Exploration and all that fun stuff. That's just me though.
Seconded. The warning signs are nice, given that the series is often fast to the point where more subtle hints might not work, but if they're being used as an excuse to throw pits everywhere and then just shrug and say "well we warned you!"...that's just straight bad design, signs or no signs.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd rather the pits not be there at all, and have some sort of lower/less favorable path to go through instead. Exploration and all that fun stuff. That's just me though.

Generations did this plenty of times, bottomless pits regardless.

EDIT: Buuut, if you're talking about Sonic 4 in particular, you got me there.

Edited by Xenos

We don't seem to have an impressions thread, so I'll throw this hear. Copy pasta from Sonic Retro:

I got back from PAX East. I only got to play one stage, White Park Act 1. The thing that I noticed the most was that Sonic will actually continue to roll down hills when let go of the d-pad (PHYSICS), and when jumping. It was kind of hectic, so I didn't really get to goof off to discover any weird things. The TV was also muted, so I couldn't hear the music. GODDAMNIT.

Anyway, from what I can see people who hated Sonic 4 mostly over physics will want to check it out, the stage did feel a little Dimpsy at the end however. With a giant pit at the end. I do wonder why it's there, though, since you can't die on it unless you go out of your way, since there's a spring right after you jump off the snowboard. As for the badniks, that hermit crab thing was in White Park for some reason, and the giant Polar Bear. Didn't see much other than those, save for obligatory Bubble chains, one which was over a pit . The other one lead to an alternate path, which is cool by me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Assuming that's a "Do Co-op here!" sign, indicating that wall is more easily breakable with the Super Combo Spin Thing than using the Homing Attack on it multiple times.

Edited by Mykonos

I'd don't think it's a sign telling you to use Co-Op moves, since they could simply have one of those larger floating screens like in Sylvania Castle. If anything it might suggest that either Sonic and Tails can only use the co-op moves a certain number of times (maybe 3 times as a standard) and you have to collect that item box to get more shots of it, or that that box contains a super-top-secret-extra-special-hot-diggidy-daffodil of a move that (sorta like the invulnerability...but better maybe?).

Of course that's only my theories on it, but hey who knows, huh? :V

Maybe it's like a co-op invincibility, or a power up that allows for a more powerful co-op move? Like flying is faster and the rolling combo is faster and stronger?

Weird theory: what if you actually need to hit an item box to use abilities like the InfiniteRoll and the demos we've seen have just been modified to allow its use at any time.

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 3

Maybe it switches the leader to Tails? Of course, since they said Tails wasn't playable at all, that's probably not plausible...

I doubt it powers up the co-op moves though. If it was just a power up wouldn't the monitor itself be silver instead of gold?

Well, the icon on the monitor seems to be Sonic and Tails holding hands (that's what it looks like to me, anyway), so it's very likely it has to do with the co-op move. I'm hoping that maybe this means you can't just use it as much as you want...but it might just be something that makes the move stronger or something. Hmm...

The warning signs are better than having a super guide which basically plays the game for you sleep.png

To be fair, the Super Guide is 100% optional. I don't think thta this game will allow you to turn off the warning signs.

To be fair, the Super Guide is 100% optional. I don't think thta this game will allow you to turn off the warning signs.

Sonic Generations allows you to toggle between having those signs or no, doesn't it?

Sonic Generations allows you to toggle between having those signs or no, doesn't it?

Nope, unfortunately, it doesn't. Sonic Colors, on the other hand, did have this option for its warning signs..

Yes as well as turning off Omochao, and the button prompts.

@komodin Go into options in generations to turn off the signs.

Edited by NovusToonami Ordo

Nope, unfortunately, it doesn't. Sonic Colors, on the other hand, did have this option for its warning signs..

Incorrect. Its right in the options menu.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Indigo Rush

Well, at least there's no Bubbles in the Oil.

loliseewutudidthar

There probably will be at least one bubbles chain in Oil Desert Zone, which is fine by me. The level design for Oil Desert looks better than WP and SC.