Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I don't understand...if Metal Sonic is playable then why can't Tails be playable? o_o not complaining or anything I think this addition is awesome I just don't get why Tails can't be playable (on his own), despite this at least he's playable in MP.The music for Sylvania Castle Zone is okay...I quite like it however, I don't think it fits with the level, the new desert zone looks okay though they should tone down on the boosters and springs, I'm sure Playable Metal Sonic will be a good treat for fans.

Edited by C.J

It's not just a game that was released in 2010 though. It's only part of a larger game that hasn't been completely released yet. Switching the graphics engine halfway through the game is like getting halfway through a traditional animation movie and having it suddenly turn into a CGI film.

The least SEGA could do at this point is make Sonic 4 consistent so it feels like an actual game.

• Thumbs Up 5

From the Status updates:

Urm... thats a pretty good point... does this mean we might get some kind of new boss/design?

Now to attempt the dream

Sonic 4 CD and Knuckles and Knuckles Episode 2 and Metal Sonic

• Thumbs Up 4

Remember when I said, "I don't think it's possible for this game to disappoint me anymore"?

I was wrong, horribly wrong.

Metal Sonic would start gaining independence around that point... Seriously, in Metal's position, I would be pissed off as hell at Eggman since:

A) Metal was just left there for dead for an unknown amount of time (on a planet that disappears for almost an entire year over Never Lake, only appearing for one month) until he was suddenly needed again, and;

cool.png he lost to Sonic, who Eggman loses to repeatedly yet built Metal for the purpose of beating him (which he failed). Eggman has every reason to be hiding behind a screen there if it means death from a killer robot otherwise.

As it is now, S4:E2 showcases a temporary alliance between the two to take out a common enemy. Sonic Adventure would have Metal sealed since he is an important asset to Eggman yet wouldn't want him out of his control. That ends once Metal breaks out pre-Heroes. One blank slate of canon now officially solved!

My careometer is still at record lows. Sandoil Oceanopolis does not excite me, and neither does Metal Sonic in Plasticky Shit Land.

• Thumbs Up 9

Whoa Vizard, you just gave Heroes's story some tangible weight and significance now. I thank you for that man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys what's going on in thi-

Holy dooley, it's World War: Episode 2 in here.

About Metal Sonic DLC, that's pretty ace. The desert/oil rig level looks awesome and I wonder how the 4th level will look. Looking pretty nifty so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was already sold on episode II, if they want to feed me 4 more levels and Metal Sonic as a bonus, then who am I to argue.

.... oh, and that desert stage looks pretty cool. Rising sand segments and all that goodness.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Screw you, this is awesome. Now I have an excuse to not avoid buying Episode I.

And the Sandworms...man, they were bigger than I though D:

At the very least, buying episode I wasn't a complete waste for those who are excited about this, so there's that.

Just one question about the whole lock-on thing. Are we able to play as regular sonic in the revamped E1 stages or will we need to play as metal and then switch to standalone E1 if we want sonic?

Backwards compatability is very S3&Kish. A very clever move. Should cause a boom in Ep1 sales as gamers will want to get MS playable.

Metal Sonic was defeated in Stardust Speedway - good or bad future whatever who gives a fuck.

The new desert/oil level looks ok Just nice to see a different level really. Metal Sonic will not be destroyed this time. He may even become the main villian (if he isn't already) in Ep3 - yes I can dream.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I'm gonna admit, I really didn't care for this game. But when I saw the Metal sonic trailer, my hype went up a few levels. Sand/oil level, Metal sonic and free stages along with a May release date. Okay Sega, I'll pay more attention to this game. Just don't reveal the last stage. We all know what 3 of the stages look like. Don't fuck this up like you did Unleashed and Generations HD (even though both games were amazing).

Just one question about the whole lock-on thing. Are we able to play as regular sonic in the revamped E1 stages or will we need to play as metal and then switch to standalone E1 if we want sonic?

At the very least, buying episode I wasn't a complete waste for those who are excited about this, so there's that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Since I plan on buying Episode II on Steam, this makes me feel a little bit better about rebuying Episode 1 on Steam a few months ago.

A little

I didn't like E1