Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

That still doesn't explain how Eggman was able to set up his devices in the Past in order to make the Future bad in the first place...Nevermind that Sonic, Metal, Eggman and Amy all somehow ended up the Future for the fight to apparently take place, when logically it really should been done in the Present (unless, going by what Retro had, the change from Present to Future for bosses could be put down to being a passive effect of the Time Stones or something).

I will admit I kinda grasped a bit at the gameplay though. tongue.png

Eggman just returns to Little Planet a bit before Episode 2, and he begins his campaign to re-gain control over it; including making "Bad Futures" for every level. He comes across Metal Sonic when he's nearly finished and then revives him using super-television technology or some crap like that. That's why its a "Bad Future" in Stardust Speedway; because Eggman is re-gaining control.

teh edn

• Thumbs Up 3

^ I am fine with this. Clearly Eggman kept those Stardust Speedway blueprints knocking about under the seat in his Egg Mobile and managed to dust the crumbs off it and rebuild the area just as he planned to originally before Sonic undid it.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, and it's fairly obvious, but just noting that save for the Rivals games this is the first time Metal Sonic has been playable in a 2-D Sonic game. (unless I'm forgetting something terribly obvious.) Which I think is kinda cool.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, and it's fairly obvious, but just noting that save for the Rivals games this is the first time Metal Sonic has been playable in a 2-D Sonic game. (unless I'm forgetting something terribly obvious.) Which I think is kinda cool.

It's the first time he's ever been playable in a main game at all. SA2 he' only multiplayer, and in SADX he's a bonus Sonic skin for 100%ing the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

So he just rebuilt Stardust Speedway around Metal Sonic?

Well he gets robots to build stuff for him, so clearly they didn't think it anything important. They were like "oh some metal". *push aside*

Edited by JezMM

Well he gets robots to build stuff for him, so clearly they didn't think it anything important. They were like "oh some metal". *push aside*

Nope. Sonic just didn't do his job properly back in the day. :P

I really love the new Orbinauts floating around in Oil Desert Zone. Screenshots look pretty good.

I guess overall I'm still excited about E2. There's a lot it's doing wrong, but as a downloadable title it looks fun enough for me. Certainly won't be the best game in the series, but it looks better than E1.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Zone 3 is called Oil Desert Zone?

Correct-o. Exactly what it says on the tin, yuh?

Also, there's a screenshot of Metal Sonic in Mad Gear.

I'm having trouble getting pics off the site though.

Edited by STrainer

Oil Desert Zone? I mean they could have at least been a little more creative with the name.

Edited by Filno CapBusta

I must say though that, for all the haters, the entire issue regarding the additional episode is definitely... metalsome!

i am so sorry, i just wanted to say that

• Thumbs Up 7

I'd have come up with Crude Canyon Zone, but it's technically not accurate so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oil Desert Zone?

They didn't even try.

The other stages might as well be called "Ruined Castle with Water Zone" and "Christmas Amusement Park Zone".

Edited by Pinkamena

I wanted Oil Yard for the name.

Act names (Google translated):

Act 1 - Break through the sandstorm!

Act 2 - Infiltrate! The factory hidden in quicksand

Act 3 - Trap plant oil drilling

I don't get Act 3 xD

Scar:

zone03_name.pngzone03_bg.jpg

Act 1 - Break Through the sandstorm!

ss_03_01.jpgss_03_02.jpgss_03_03.jpgss_03_04.jpg
Edited by MarcelloF