Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I always hear that out of the main trilogy, Justice For All is the weakest. Out of the first two games, it definitely is but I can't really give my whole opinion on it since Big Top Turnabout stopped me from finishing Farewell, My Turnabout or AA: T&T.

I'm currently playing through the Trilogy on 3DS and I can say it feels much more natural. I also feel a lot less bored than the first time I played. When I played the trilogy on IOS, I got bored around The third case of the first game but I kept playing, just at a rather slow pace. Now, I'm up to Rise from the Ashes on the 3DS Trilogy and I haven't gotten bored yet, so I'm definitely planning on completing the entire trilogy this time.

Longest case in the franchise, Ryan. Have fun.

tumblr_mv723o36aW1qbe7n1o1_400.gif Objection.gif

Oh I know, I've completed the case on the IOS version. It took me over 10 damn hours to complete it. But, meh, at least it's better than Big Top Turnabout.

I'm currently playing through T&T at the moment. I'm still on the first case, since playing 2 games in a row led me to get burnt out on it quickly. I'll hopefully be going back to it soon. My favourite AA game so far is Dual Destinies. Voice caster aside, I found it really enjoyable. And the anime scenes aren't even that bad. I've seen worse. 

I just got the DLC case for DD, Turnabout Reclaimed. Might use that to get me back into the swing of things before continuing T&T. I also finally bought AAI 1, so I'll be starting that when I'm at least half way through T&T.

Going back to the character discussion a couple of pages ago, I really think it'd benefit Trucy if she was the main assistant for a case that Phoenix took on. Their weird father/daughter interactions and history was something I found to be quite touching in AA4, and I think they should make it a stronger element of the overall narrative. I mean, it's cool that Nick has taken on responsibility for her - it's arguably the biggest sign of his character progression during the timeskip - but I feel as if it's too underplayed. Just her being there during a Nick-centric case would change the usual lawyer/assistant dynamic in that case considerably. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Going back to the character discussion a couple of pages ago, I really think it'd benefit Trucy if she was the main assistant for a case that Phoenix took on. Their weird father/daughter interactions and history was something I found to be quite touching in AA4, and I think they should make it a stronger element of the overall narrative.

Hmmm, I feel they did do that for at least the first act of Turnabout For Tomorrow, and I certainly see where you're coming from! I'd actually go so far to say that they even had some of the best dialogue in the game together.

I just think that Trucy is in a really unique position that has been wasted thus far. She might be a bubbly and cheery girl like most of the other assistants, but being Nick's daughter puts a whole different spin on the dynamic and opens up potential possibilities for drama and comedy. There might be less panty jokes for a start, though it might be amusing to see Nick's inner monologue reaction to such a scene.

She has a load of potential that is being wasted at the moment, and that isn't even factoring in other revelations from AA4. It's not even as if she's a horrid character - well, certainly not enough to wish she was dead and send Nick spiraling into depression anyway - she's just a bit of a non-entity who has one overplayed joke, and I think that's a massive shame considering her position in the series.

• Thumbs Up 4

hWTPMA4.png

Don't make me like this character. I've hated him all game. Don't fucking do thi- Goddamn it, why do I feel for Sebastian

tumblr_mv723o36aW1qbe7n1o1_400.gif Objection.gif

Oh I know, I've completed the case on the IOS version. It took me over 10 damn hours to complete it. But, meh, at least it's better than Big Top Turnabout.

Well, yeah. By no means is it a bad case. On the contrary, I enjoy it a lot.

And pls, that's AA5 Phoenix with pre-AA5 objection. Come on. Your objections should look fancy at all times.

PWAADD_Objection!.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ummm, Athena maybe you should spoiler some of those, y'know? NickSweatSmiley.gif

Anywho, in other news, a Mr, Sonic T. Hegdehog and Mr. Son Goku have put aside their differences and banded together to sue, from Apollo Justice,

Kristoph Gavin

kristoph2-breakdown%28b%29.gif

The charges being quite obvious to whomever has the played the game fully through of course.

Forgive my precautions, it's just that there's a member I know personally on this site, who's just getting in to Ace Attorney. ANd I'd hate to have things spoiled for her of course! f_-_phoenixehhh.gif

AH yes, as for what the news was well, it appears that we have a livestream incoming this very week.

DGS on Capcom TV on April 1st No joking here: Dai Gyakuten Saiban will be featured on Capcom's Capcom TV livestream on April 1st! Producer Shintaro Kojima will show gameplay of the game's first trial, and guests from SCRAP, the company running the Dai Gyakuten Saiban escape game, will share details on that as well.

The show starts at 20:00 JST (11:00 GMT, 07:00 EDT, 04:00 PDT), and can be watched on YouTube or NicoNico.

For reference, here's the full lineup of DGS info confirmed for the next month or so:

• April 1st: Capcom TV livestream featuring DGS.
  • April 2nd: Famitsu article with new info on DGS. Note that Famitsu usually leaks out a day or two before the sale date, so we'll likely see this before the Capcom TV broadcast.
  • April 25th-26th: NicoNico Chou Kaigi event. DGS will be present via a demo (same as the ones from TGS/Jump Festa/Monster Hunter Festa) and a stage show, which will be livestreamed.

Looks like the leadup to the game's release is about to begin in earnest!

http://www.court-records.net/ http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&p=1297890

Best get your courtroom seats while they're still warm. Simon.png

This just in, we've got a Japanese releae date, but more imprtantly, we've got a look at our new rival prosectuor. Found out via http://www.court-records.net/

The Great Ace Attorney Japanese release date set
posted on 03.31.15 at 06:19 AM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Available in both standard and limited editions.

image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/TGAA-Dated-JP-Scan.jpg

TGAA-Dated-JP-Scan.jpg

The Great Ace Attorney will launch for 3DS on July 9 in Japan, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

The standard edition will cost 5,800 yen, while a limited edition will run 7,300 yen.

If you missed our previous coverage, the game stars Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, an ancestor of Phoenix Wright, alongside Sherlock Holmes and Watson, and will see players battling in the courts of Meiji era Japan, as well as British Empire London.

Famitsu this week also has a look at Ryuunosuke’s rival, as well as details about the courtroom battles that will occur in the British Empire. Further details have not yet leaked.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/the-great-ace-attorney-japanese-release-date-set#hHxWwUrs8b3VMALx.99

I must admit, that prosecutor looks like a fusion of Edgeworth and Demitri.

Alright, if Dual Destinies is anything to go by, JP got that in July and we got it October. Hype?

Investigations 2 spoiler.

Simon, huh? Really? Yamazaki pls.

I've finally finished Rise from the Ashes again, which means I've completed the original Ace Attorney game 100%.

Hey, I did say "Just in time for April 1st"...

Siliconera explains the joke, by the way.  It's not arbitrary:

What Capcom did with their April Fool’s joke is replaced the 大 (dai: big, great, large) with 犬 (inu: dog). As you can tell by looking at the two kanji figures of 大 and 犬, they look quite similar.

[...]

The video starts out with Ryunosuke Inuhodo saying that he will definitely become a dog attorney. Susato Mikotowan (wan: “woof” in Japanese) will help out with any dog reasoning.

Iris Wantson boasts that even those in the East read her dog tales. Finally, Inuhodo’s buddy, Kazuwan Asougi says “I believe in dog… Ryunosuke Naruhodo.”

Capcom claims The Great Dog Attorney will release in Japan on April 1st, 2015 for the Wantendo1DOGS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh okay. It's a lost in translation thing. No wonder I didn't get the joke at all before.

646344-praa2_franziska_von_karma2.jpg

Looks like it's Franziska's favourite day! The day of the foolish people who do foolish things on this foolish day!