Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

If by unique you mean nonsensical and contrived then yeah. "The cape by complete chance fell on the Ringmaster". Not to mention Phoenix pulls the murder method completely out of his ass and let's not forget how Acro being guilty isn't properly established before the trial. The trial begins and suddenly BOOM Acro is guilty and all the characters are talking about it like we're all supposed to know. I get that he has a grudge agains Regina, but him trying to murder her is a stretch unless you properly build it up.

Oh, so it's the guy I haven't met yet, huh?  I'm glad I already suspected him before I read this (to be clear I don't expect spoiler tags for a game this old, I was pushing my luck).  Turnabout Big Top seems to be a lot like Turnabout Samurai from the first game in a couple of respects, then - third case, celebrity who Maya idolises is arrested, killer is someone you don't even meet on the first day...  I wonder if my speculative murder method for TBT is correct as well.  I'll bail from the thread until I find out (and complete JFA to boot), though.  Or until that Great Ace Attorney news comes out.

Prison tho.

Pretty sure that one wasn't a permanent sentence though.

You take that back.

I would rather Moe was a witness in every case than Athena showed up ever again.

I like her objection theme though, and she's not as bad as Trucy.

Why couldn't the bad ending to AA5 where Phoenix never sees Trucy again have been the canon one?

With how poor he is and his diet being predominately Ramen, I'm guessing Gumshoe is dead xP

Well, considering that by the end of AAI2,

his accomplishments, and that he gets a raise

, I'd actually be assuming that he gets better. Heck maybe he's even Chief of Police at this point.

Pretty sure that one wasn't a permanent sentence though.

They never stated how long her sentence was though.

Well, considering that by the end of AAI2,

his accomplishments, and that he gets a raise

, I'd actually be assuming that he gets better. Heck maybe he's even Chief of Police at this point.

I dunno about that one, that's quite a reach.

Kay just got her memories back btw. How long do I have left?

I would rather Moe was a witness in every case than Athena showed up ever again.

Why couldn't the bad ending to AA5 where Phoenix never sees Trucy again have been the canon one?

Blue Blood pls.

trucyhumphc.gif

I get the feeling we're not going to get along.

• Thumbs Up 7

Athena is lame. And yes, that circus music does suck.

, and she's not as bad as Trucy.

what is wrong with you

• Thumbs Up 6

They never stated how long her sentence was though.

Hence why I can see a possible return!

I dunno about that one, that's quite a reach.

Well, as a counterpart to Edgeworth's rise through the ranks, I can see it happening; might even serve as a fitting explanation for his absence in Dual Destinies.

ace_attorney_in_a_nutshell_by_hyperadam-

(No I know nobody's genuinely flipping out)

Seriously though, I found Trucy to be incredibly irritating throughout AA4. She did everything Maya did, and yet she failed to be either interesting or funny in the process. Athena was mostly annoyingly eccentric and hammy (moreso than the series is otherwise), but at times when she calmed down she wasn't too bad honestly. The series could really do with less genki girl assistants though. Try something new, rather than recycle tropes for the most important characters and wear them thin.

Kay just got her memories back btw. How long do I have left?

Ugh, that game. Too long.

sir you have insulted not one, but two of my waifus

this is a crime

Would you kindly let me know of any other waifus that you have, so that I may insult them additionally?

It is a crime to leave any job unfinished.

Still not surpassing Justice for All as my most hated game.

Wait until the last case. No one part of it is quite as bad as the confrontation with Quercus Alba from AAI1 in the same way, but the entire thing is just so much worse. I won't go into any detail though, cause spoilers.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait until the last case. No one part of it is quite as bad as the confrontation with Quercus Alba from AAI1 in the same way, but the entire thing is just so much worse. I won't go into any detail though, cause spoilers.

So, the fact that I just said out loud; "holy shit, there's more?" is not a good sign, is it

I genuinely think the confrontation with Quercus Alba is the single worst part of the entire Ace Attorney series which is a shame because the rest of that case really isn't that bad.

I genuinely think the confrontation with Quercus Alba is the single worst part of the entire Ace Attorney series which is a shame because the rest of that case really isn't that bad.

Relevant

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I think the worst part of this series is Turnabout Academy.

If it wasn't for Athena making fun of Apollo by implying he has a bondage fetish that case would have topped Turnabout Big Top for me.

So. What's the thoughts on Ema then?

Her attitude, whilst kinda justified, is somewhat annoying in AA4, but still might be my favourite incarnation? In RftA and the Investigations games, she's alright.
  • Thumbs Up 1

So. What's the thoughts on Ema then?

Ultimately not all that good in 1-5, but following her personality transplant in AA4 she got a lot better. She's 100% asspull in the Edgeworth games.

Oh wait, some people like her? Worst character ever 0/10.

• Thumbs Up 1

tbh as bad as 2-3 and I-4 were, 4-3 is the single worst thing to come out of the series and Quercus Alba and motherfucking Moe just can't (big)top the hellish loathing I possess for that case

The series could really do with less genki girl assistants though. Try something new, rather than recycle tropes for the most important characters and wear them thin.

good thing we already have the best assistant

apollosweatsa.gif

you even get to play as him for an entire game while he assists Phoenix Wright with his crazy ass revenge scheme

• Thumbs Up 2