Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

My this is quite the turn of events! Defense do you have anything to say about this? Judge-warning(a).gif

(Wish there were more Judge sprites)

But I believe in Trials and Tribulations it stated two years had passed since the first game. Correct me if I'm wrong and hey it would pretty much fit the judge since the judge gets so many facts wrong. XD

AA_Miles_Edgeworth_Smiling_2.gif

I think I have figured this out. 

We have a set of contradicting facts on our hands. The problem is Maya and Ema's ages as they don't match up. Ema is specifically stated as being one year younger than Maya in Rise from the Ashes and she is also specifically mentioned as being 16. This would have to mean either Maya is 17 in the original game or Ema is 17 in the original game. Both are impossible. But there is still two more possibilities.

9979720b72ce2fea35b0759f265599c6.jpg?v=1

THAT BETWEEN THE FEW MONTHS GAP BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL PHOENIX WRIGHT AND JUSTICE FOR ALL, MAYA OR EMA'S BIRTHDAY IS IN THOSE MONTHS!

OBJECTION! Sorry Apollo, but the link you've given also addresses that! phoenix-objecting.gif

To resolve these issues, this article proposes that editors conform to the attitudes of the developers. However, ages listed in court records will be treated as ages that the characters will reach by the end of the "year" of the game. One could think of it as a school-year type of arrangement.

For example, if we take Miles Edgeworth's birthday to be in November of 1992, he would be going on 24 in Turnabout Sisters. In Turnabout Goodbyes, he would be actually 24, and in Rise from the Ashes, he is still listed as 24 (and is actually 24), even though he would turn 25 in 2017, because RftA is in the "year" of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Therefore the investigation can continue!

yes uh

is it raining in your parade if I tell you this shtick's gotten old a couple pages ago already

• Thumbs Up 8

If you're gonna Roleplay at least make a topic in the showcase section for it. You wouldn't do this in any other topic. Why do it here?

Anyway to get back on topic, what does everyone think of Larry Butz? Do you like or hate his character?

Because we are still discussing the games? We are discussing the ages of the characters which should be fair in this thread. We are just discussing that in a method that is present in the games. The age discussion is still fair game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because we are still discussing the games? We are discussing the ages of the characters which should be fair in this thread. We are just discussing that in a method that is present in the games. The age discussion is still fair game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering how it's still on topic, that it is a gimmick fans of Ace Attorney do quite a lot, and the fact that preceding our age discussion, there was little to no activity in this thread (nice to see or discussion brought back quite a free if you) , I'd say it's legit and certainly not barred from taking place somemore.

Now you're free to not participate of course, but just remember that there plenty a person who get this, and redirect it as the fair game of discussion that it is.

I think the point is more "I thought by 2015 it was common netiquette to not use gimmicks at all when using forums"

I mean, there's a reason people are generally frowned upon when they start going wild with their colours and fonts, and it's been like this since i've ever first seen forums till nowadays

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it rather obnoxious to read through while there's like this huge OBJECTION and random gif sparkled around. It like me posting

Considering how it's still on topic, that it is a gimmick fans of Ace Attorney do quite a lot, and the fact that preceding our age discussion, there was little to no activity in this thread (nice to see or discussion brought back quite a free if you) , I'd say it's legit and certainly not barred from taking place somemore.

Now you're free to not participate of course, but just remember that there plenty a person who get this, and redirect it as the fair game of discussion that it is.

tumblr_mn7401Nojx1ro2vxwo2_r1_500.gif

Every time I disagree with something. It get old really fast.

I find it rather obnoxious to read through while there's like this huge OBJECTION and random gif sparkled around. It like me posting

tumblr_mn7401Nojx1ro2vxwo2_r1_500.gif

Every time I disagree with something. It get old really fast.

Hmm. Not quite the same or as legit though, as your example, it lacks a key fit into the context of the whole quote it's replying to. Now if you provided a reaction that's actually fitting then you'd have a case to go off on, but that particular one is merely only annoying and doesn't apply at all to the situation, A far worse spectacle than something actually on topic.

Now, not wanting to start a while debate over how some may carry out a discussion; I'd just like to get back to my previous discussion as I please.

That reminds, me before I get back to the ages topic, two of Dual Destinies bugged me severely and I hope that Ace Attorney 6 won;t repeat.

First, the lack of the tradition of having any culprits that were

female

Second, the lack of the main series traditional presence of the orginal

pursuit theme, "Cornered"

Maaaaaaaan, AA5 and PLxAA might have the best soundtracks in the franchise thinking back to them.

Pursuit 2013 is godlike

The Phantom's theme is amazing

Lest we forget Pursuit 2012

The English Court Mix was wonderful

And but of course

A'ight, I'm done.

I'll give the crossover this: It's got hands-down my favorite objection theme.

That reminds, me before I get back to the ages topic, two of Dual Destinies bugged me severely and I hope that Ace Attorney 6 won;t repeat.

First, the lack of the tradition of having any culprits that were

female

That's a tradition now? I don't get the problem with this.

The original Ace Attorney didn't have any female culprits either, only some who were helping but didn't actually commit the crime. For example

April May

was forced to help

Redd White

in case he either blackmailed her or attempted to kill her and

Lana Skye had to keep Ema safe by pretending to have committed the crime

The original Ace Attorney didn't have any female culprits either, only some who were helping but didn't actually commit the crime. For example

April May

was forced to help

Redd White

It had one.

Dee Vasquez killed Jack Hammer in 1-3.  Granted, Hammer was out for her blood first, but still.

April May

was forced to help

Redd White

OBJECTION! ... Sorry couldn't resist. ^^;

Did you forget about Case 3?

True it was in self-defense but she did try to pin the crime on someone else.

Yes, forgot about Case 3. Damn. Although, I was talking about the ones who actually killed for selfish reasons, not out of self defense.