Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Since the title is intriguing... does it have an Android port, or should I call the company who made it iOS exclusive a lazy developer who made the game for an abomination?

It's definitely on Android, but I think only on the Japanese store for some reason. This is Capcom we're talking about. We should be amazed it got ab international release even on iPhone.

It's definitely on Android, but I think only on the Japanese store for some reason. This is Capcom we're talking about. We should be amazed it got ab international release even on iPhone.

Japanese Android release only, international iBrick release. I thought that 7th Expansion was the only one behind such an absurd idea. Now for me droids, I need to learn Japanese. Ugh...

I suppose so.

You know, you've been around here far more than long enough to know that the deliberately worded response above was your cue to stop acting as if there was any way that you had any ground to stand on regarding the issue of whether spoiler tags should be used for major game spoilers. It's nice enough to know that you're prescient enough to be able to completely comprehend the entirety of a paragraph before you read it. Keep that ability to yourself in the future; because I can assure you that the people who didn't grasp something was a major spoiler until they had already read it couldn't care less.

Anyway:

Screenshot_2014-07-03-18-13-16.png

Screenshot_2014-07-03-18-13-24.png

I laughed out loud when this happened, which was awkward because I was in a restaurant when playing it. It's even better than what Edgeworth did earlier in the case.

Also, fatallium and normallium definitely aren't ammonia and chlorine or anything. Those two things are perfectly safe to mix.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-great-ace-attorney-update-to-be-shared-in-next-weeks-famitsu/

We’ll finally be hearing more about The Great Attorney in about a week’s time. The latest Famitsu leaks have started to surface, and it seems that there’s a teaser for next week’s issue confirming more coverage of the game.

Famitsu’s next issue is dated for April 2. However, expect leaks to occur on either March 30 or March 31.

I wonder could it be a brand new Ace Attorney game?

Although, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a second HD Trilogy consisting of Apollo Justice, and Ace Attorney Investigations 1 & 2.

I wonder could it be a brand new Ace Attorney game?

Thought it was a given that the Great Ace Attorney was such. Or are you referring to the chances that a new mainstream Ace ATtorney game might also be announced?

Yes. I meant a mainstream Ace Attorney game.

Whatever the story, I do hope they address Maya's absence in Apollo Justice and Duel Destinies.

I doubt that, simply because Maya was probably just undergoing her training at the time. I can't think of any reason of why they'd need to complicate that explanation.

Yes. I meant a mainstream Ace Attorney game.

Whatever the story, I do hope they address Maya's absence in Apollo Justice and Duel Destinies.

Meh, as Xenos put, it'd need to be nothing more than just a simple "she was away for more training". Now I won't be as broken if Maya doesn't physically return quite yet especially with her arc kind of coming to a close in T&T. However, I am determined to see the return of two particu,ar pivotal Ace Attorney characters: Detective Gumshoe, wherever the heck that poor guy has been f_-_gumshoe.gif and

Iris Fey!

I'd be surprised if they announced a new mainline Ace Attorney game before The Great Ace Attorney comes out.  The audience is pretty clearly going to be exactly the same.  ...Wait, the link explictly states that it'll be news on The Great Ace Attorney, so I'm not sure where the idea that it'd be anything else is coming from.

Speaking of AA, for my playthrough of the Ace Attorney Trilogy I've just hit Big Top Turnabout.  I've heard about this case...  It doesn't seem that bad so far, but I'm on my guard.

I'd be surprised if they announced a new mainline Ace Attorney game before The Great Ace Attorney comes out.  The audience is pretty clearly going to be exactly the same.  ...Wait, the link explictly states that it'll be news on The Great Ace Attorney, so I'm not sure where the idea that it'd be anything else is coming from.

Speaking of AA, for my playthrough of the Ace Attorney Trilogy I've just hit Big Top Turnabout.  I've heard about this case...  It doesn't seem that bad so far, but I'm on my guard.

That how it lures you in... then it's the worst case in the franchise, oooh boy.

Still not as bad as The Monstrous Turnabout :V I'm not actually sure why Turnabout Big Top has such an awful reputation around here, sure the characters in it are all idiots but at least it's not boring and the murder method is actually unique.

Also I highly doubt AA6 is going to be revealed any time soon. Maya's absence isn't a big deal either, she's the Kurain Master now so we can't exactly expect her to hang about lawyering like she used to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still not as bad as The Monstrous Turnabout :V I'm not actually sure why Turnabout Big Top has such an awful reputation around here, sure the characters in it are all idiots but at least it's not boring and the murder method is actually unique.

Gonna have to disagree there.

It's just a personal thing, but I'd rather take a typical AA case that comes and goes, as opposed to one that makes no sense, isn't funny, has not one likable character aside from the ventriloquists dummy, with the rest of them being bland or annoying.

Because the AA series always sells itself of the lovable characters. Turnabout Big Top has none of those.

Not to mention Regina, several people die because of her and all she can spew is a bunch of nonsense.

At least Tenma Tero was funny.

I didn't find Tenma Taro funny at all.. all he did was delay the already too long case even further with his incessant "CAW CAW" which was only funny maybe the first time he did it and to make things worse all the events of that case were so obvious and unimaginative that there wasn't even any kind of interesting payoff for wading through it all.

Turnabout Big Top at least had the decency to keep the murderer and murder method a mystery til the end, Monstrous Turnabout didn't even do that much, it was obvious who did it from point one and that made the entire case even more boring, there weren't any likeable characters in it either.

The amount of times Tenma Taro does the "CAW CAW" thing to delay the already obvious finale is comparable to how many last minute "OBJECTION"s there are in Turnabout Ablaze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, as Xenos put, it'd need to be nothing more than just a simple "she was away for more training". Now I won't be as broken if Maya doesn't physically return quite yet especially with her arc kind of coming to a close in T&T. However, I am determined to see the return of two particu,ar pivotal Ace Attorney characters: Detective Gumshoe, wherever the heck that poor guy has been f_-_gumshoe.gif and

Iris Fey!

With how poor he is and his diet being predominately Ramen, I'm guessing Gumshoe is dead xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Turnabout Big Top was the case that stopped me from completing the trilogy. After several breaks, I finished it and moved onto Farewell, My Turnabout but because of how boring Big Top Turnabout was, I just lost the fun in the game and didn't move onto Trials & Tribulations. Although I've playing through the trilogy again with the 3DS release and having much more fun than my first play through.

I think the games get pretty innately fatiguing as they go on.  It's been a few months since I played the first game in the Trilogy, and while I enjoyed all of it then it was hard to fight the feeling that it was overstaying its welcome - well, I know the last case wasn't in the original version of the first game, so the game effectively has two proper endings.  I felt like the fifth case should've been an epilogue, but instead it was enormous.  I really had to take a break after that.  (Though, speaking of time-consuming games, I'm playing Justice For All in a break from the equally exhausting Persona Q.)

• Thumbs Up 1

...at least it's not boring and the murder method is actually unique.

If by unique you mean nonsensical and contrived then yeah. "The cape by complete chance fell on the Ringmaster". Not to mention Phoenix pulls the murder method completely out of his ass and let's not forget how Acro being guilty isn't properly established before the trial. The trial begins and suddenly BOOM Acro is guilty and all the characters are talking about it like we're all supposed to know. I get that he has a grudge agains Regina, but him trying to murder her is a stretch unless you properly build it up.

I didn't say it was good :V just that fantastical and nonsensical is far better to me than boring, predictable and didn't even pretend to be inspired cases.

If I'm in for a poor case story either way I'd at least like to be entertained by it.

Turnabout Big Top doesn't get a pass because fucking Moe.  And this.

Moe is an incredibly obnoxious twat, but I love that song D:

Anyway, given that I'm an incredibly devout Ace Attorney fan, I haven't played Dual Destinies or anything yet so I can't comment on that particular case.

#devout

I will say that JFA as a whole felt like it had too much stoner logic, though, and Turnabout Big Top is probably the best (or worst, depending on your point of view) example of that. The first game was a bit more reliant on grounded logical assessments, but JFA was kind of crazy and off the wall with what conclusions it expected you to come to. I think T&T found a middle ground between those two eventually, but I'd say the obtuse logic was the biggest fault in the second game.

However, I think the biggest fault with Turnabout Big Top was the characters it introduced - obviously, this series is incredibly character driven. Take out the cutesy, silly, and over the top characters and this whole series would be a bit overkill on darkness, if you ask me. But, as Turnabout Big Top proved, you can still go over the top with those personalities and make it...kinda suck. I wanted to punch Moe. I wanted to punch the puppet guy. I wanted to punch Max. If I was a woman, I probably would've wanted to punch Regina. The only character that case introduced that I didn't want to punch was the eventual killer, which sucked.

This game relies so much on entertaining characters because of how dark the stories it tells are - it manages to remain fun and enjoyable and not depressing and super srs because of the characters, and I feel that perfect blend is what makes this series great. The characters in Turnabout Big Top weren't enjoyable, though, and toss in the absolute crack logic at the end and I find it hard to say that case in on-par with what I've come to expect from the series.

I will say that I love most of the music in that case, though, particularly the reminiscence theme from it :D

I've got to side with SuperLink on this one. Big Top is easily the worst case in the original trilogy for all the reasons people have outlined, but it was still better than the Monstrous Turnabout. That case relied solely on there existing an entire town of superstitious idiots, and undermined itself on several occasions. There's simply no defending it.

Monstrous Turnabout gets a pass because of the part where Athena grabbed a police officer by the arm and threw him at Apollo.  And dat Nine Tails theme.

Turnabout Big Top doesn't get a pass because fucking Moe.  And this.

Athena is lame. And yes, that circus music does suck.