Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Yes, forgot about Case 3. Damn. Although, I was talking about the ones who actually killed for selfish reasons, not out of self defense.

Every other single Ace Attorney game has done it, and even fans over at places like Court Records Forum point out how jarring it is, to lack that iconic variety of gender-equality in that regard.

You may not see it that way Blue Blood, but you'd probably be surprised at how many people find that odd, since every game has at least had one. Try not to spoil.

You may not see it that way Blue Blood, but you'd probably be surprised at how many people find that odd, since every game has at least had one. Try not to spoil.

"Iconic" may be subjective, I'll give you that one. As for "traditional". Yes it may seem a bit extreme a term up until one sole certain game it technically was a tradition - ergo a running factor - and I just hope that it's brought back in the next game and kept this time.

Call it a trend/thing/tradition or whatever floats your boat; I'd just really missed it in

Dual Destinies.

Speaking of Phoenix and Layton, don't people find it funny how Phoenix ended up being the better parent.

Because Trucy seems alright from what I can tell (sorry haven't played Apollo Justice or Dual Destinies to know completely how her personality is)

And then with Layton we have Alfendi and if any of you have played Layton Brothers: Mystery Rooms you know what I mean. (Don't read the next line if you don't want spoilers for the game)

Alfendi is blood thirsty and obsessed with the criminal mind. He doesn't hate criminals, he loves them. Heck he even threatened to cut out someone's tongue because they wouldn't be quiet. And that part of him is his original personality, the one that came from Layton raising him! His calm aka plaid side came from hypnosis a cop placed on him while he was in a coma in the hospital.

So yeah who knew the loveable goof ended up a better parent than the British gentlemen. Go figure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Surprisingly that fits in quite well with a certain skit routine concerning Layton, a friend of mine, Dwibs, came up with.

I can imagine Phoenix getting a kick out of it since

Darklaw told him that his appearance was accidental and she had only meant for Layton to be there.

So did anyone read the Phoenix Wright Manga series? I read Volumes 1 & 2 and I have to say, I felt sympathy for the victim in the spider case.

So did anyone read the Phoenix Wright Manga series? I read Volumes 1 & 2 and I have to say, I felt sympathy for the victim in the spider case.

I have the manga but haven't read much of it yet! I'm much more invested into the Edgeworth manga series. I particularly like how that was localized. English names with the original Japan setting. I wish we could have gotten something like that in the actual games.

I have the manga but haven't read much of it yet! I'm much more invested into the Edgeworth manga series. I particularly like how that was localized. English names with the original Japan setting. I wish we could have gotten something like that in the actual games.

Well we kinda of do in the original games whenever it has something to do with the Fey's. It's kind of like Big Hero 6, it had both American and Japanese culture except it gets really Japanese with the Feys.

I fact you get Japanese setting non stop in the fifth case of Phoenix Wright since it takes place at a Sprit Medium Training Dojo. The only places outside of the dojo is the court room and the detention center.

Alright, we've got interview footage here for the Great Ace Attorney and featuring of the first trial and its gameplay .

The actual in-game footage begins at 10:38.

Oh and spoilers:

The victim is apparently Watson, a professor visiting Japan.

Well that explains the Holmes/Iris Watson pair-up.

Because Kay in a main game would be pretty awesome?

Well, I don't have any objections to that, she's certainly one of the best assistants throughout the series.

They couldn't resist having a ancestor of Payne as the first rival could they?

I know this is unlikely but I would find it hilarious if the name Bronev was mentioned.

Since before Layton was adopted his last name was originally Bronev.

Well I got my little brother to play the first Phoenix Wright game but I may have to walk him through the game. My brother has dyslexia so he wasn't able to easily pick up on contradictions due to some words not making sense to him and he... got a game over on the first case.

I know this is unlikely but I would find it hilarious if the name Bronev was mentioned.

Since before Layton was adopted his last name was originally Bronev.

Well I got my little brother to play the first Phoenix Wright game but I may have to walk him through the game. My brother has dyslexia so he wasn't able to easily pick up on contradictions due to some words not making sense to him and he... got a game over on the first case.

What platform is he playing it on? Just a thought, but the iPhone version will let him save and reload at any point. It might be more forgiving for someone in his position.

What platform is he playing it on? Just a thought, but the iPhone version will let him save and reload at any point. It might be more forgiving for someone in his position.

Nintendo DS,I believe in the DS version you can save at any time except for when you have to present evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Next up is gamplay footage of the jury trial system which begins at 17:40 in this here video

My only problem with AJ:AA was that Apollo wasn't the star of the show, it was Phoenix again. Don't get me wrong, I do love Phoenix, but Apollo really needed some spotlight, which he never got. Otherwise I enjoyed AJ:AA a lot.

It's all well and good that Phoenix is back, but I seriously hope Apollo gets more spotlight in AA6. Phoenix's arc is arguably over now, same with Athena's. Apollo is the only one of the 3 that hasn't had much time in the spotlight. There's still a lot we don't know about him. Here's hoping this becomes less of a problem by AA6.

I fully fucking guarantee they retcon and/or never return to the fact that

Apollo and Trucy are related.

I bloody hope not, since that's one of my favourite aspects of both Apollo and Trucy.

Cutting off the sibling ties would be a lame cop-out. I hope Capcom don't retcon anything in AA6.

It's all well and good that Phoenix is back, but I seriously hope Apollo gets more spotlight in AA6. Phoenix's arc is arguably over now, same with Athena's. Apollo is the only one of the 3 that hasn't had much time in the spotlight. There's still a lot we don't know about him. Here's hoping this becomes less of a problem by AA6.

I don't. I don't particularly care for Apollo or Athena. I'd rather just have the "Adventures of Nick, Maya and Pearl". I'm not looking for permanent character development or something. I just enjoy the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, yeah. I'd love to see some more of Phoenix, Maya and Pearl. Apollo and Athena had a good amount of screen time and focus in AA5, and the less said about AA4, the better. AA5 really had little do with Phoenix, it was much more about the other two.