Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

These are some very cool looking Badniks we've got here, both Fullboar and Steelion are welcome additions to the Badnik roster.

Steelion.... Sea Lion.... funny stuff.

These are some very cool looking Badniks we've got here, both Fullboar and Steelion are welcome additions to the Badnik roster.

Steelion.... Sea Lion.... funny stuff.

I can't help but say it like "Steeleon", like any of the Eeveelutions. E2 is such Pokémon rip off.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

Anyone else think these badniks would fit in well with the art style for the Sonic Adventure games?

Idk, it just reminds me of that style.

Im also hoping no one is forgetting that the first badnik had a pokeball shape for an eye.

Even more evidence that the 6th gen is here!

Edited by TheDanimator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else think these badniks would fit in well with the art style for the Sonic Adventure games?

It's just the way they're being coloured.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still don't have very high expectations, however the new Badniks look pretty cool, I want to see the game in motion first however. If it still has shitty Episode I physics I won't really care, however if the game controls more like either version of Generations I can definitely say that this will be more on my watch list.

It's just the way they're being coloured.

Yeah, I think its also the line thickness.

Still don't have very high expectations, however the new Badniks look pretty cool, I want to see the game in motion first however. If it still has shitty Episode I physics I won't really care, however if the game controls more like either version of Generations I can definitely say that this will be more on my watch list.

Yeah... even though Im in the minority who didnt mind the physics in episode 1 that much...

If episode 2 follows the same trend, its not getting my support whether i would still enjoy playing it or not..

There would be simply no excuse this time.

I liked Episode I at first because it was kind of cool to play a 2D Sonic game on a console for once, but every time I boot it up again it just isn't fun anymore. The controls are way too stiff, Sonic barely functions as a character and more so like a brick. It's extremely lame when just controlling Sonic and playing with the physics is fun in the Sonic CD port and even Generations, yet the brand new game made to capture the look and feel of the old titles fails to do this. Hopefully this time, but I am very doubtful it'll be anything special.

I liked Episode I at first because it was kind of cool to play a 2D Sonic game on a console for once, but every time I boot it up again it just isn't fun anymore. The controls are way too stiff, Sonic barely functions as a character and more so like a brick. It's extremely lame when just controlling Sonic and playing with the physics is fun in the Sonic CD port and even Generations, yet the brand new game made to capture the look and feel of the old titles fails to do this. Hopefully this time, but I am very doubtful it'll be anything special.

Back from the cinema. The Sitter is a great film which you should all go watch. *Looks at Concept Art Fridays topic* How the fuck did you guys build nearly 5 pages of discussion on a few pics of 2 badniks? O_o

Fullboar looks too much like Rhinotank to me and it'll probably do the same attack. Steelion looks ok I guess. *Yawns and waits for some REAL news and gameplay footage*

Back from the cinema. The Sitter is a great film which you should all go watch. *Looks at Concept Art Fridays topic* How the fuck did you guys build nearly 5 pages of discussion on a few pics of 2 badniks? O_o

Well... one of them looked like it had been on pimp my badnik... then Rotor appeared... and then he got a hat on.. and... We We We so excited! It's Concept FRIDAY FRIDAY! Gettin' down on concept friday!

• Thumbs Up 9

Immediately after going out for two hours, I realised I could've seen these guys before I left. Oh well. Still, this is a vast improvement on last Friday's offerings, which... I was going to say "which were tainted by the Marble Garden wheel," but now I think I want to say, "which suggests they might actually have picked these two specifically in response to the response to last week's."

Names like "Fullboar" and "Steelion" feel like they're from a different game to "Spikes," though. Maybe Spikes isn't actually called Spikes after all? *shrug* At any rate, they're very nice designs. The red version of Fullboar probably just goes three times faster, though.

Fullboar looks too much like Rhinotank to me and it'll probably do the same attack. Steelion looks ok I guess. *Yawns and waits for some REAL news and gameplay footage*

In fairness, the charger is one of the staple Badniks in the Sonic series. Rhinobot in S3, Rhinotank in SA1, Rhinotank in Advance 1, Nameless-Rhino in Rush Adventure, Rhinotank variants in '06, Motobug in Generations and several others. Not particularly original, but you know. Especially since Fullboar has two flavours we could be seeing him do something a little more interesting. He's the most unique looking of them.

And Steelion is definitely unique. If they're smart, Steelion will just bounce Sonic around like the ball he is when jumping. So homing gives you a fun platforming gimmick, leaving rolling to be the only way to attack.

• Thumbs Up 2

FullBoar and Steellion are the first original Badniks since Sonic Adventure. (I'm still on the fence about Spikes)

Took them 8 games, but they're finally getting back on board with badniks.

Sega has learned Originality, Sega still hasn't forgotten rehash though, not just yet...

Edited by Nintendoga

Next Thursday is Hedgehog Day. I suspect you won't be waiting too long

• Thumbs Up 2

Fun Friday Challenge: Can anyone name another Badnik with four wheels? I think he might be the first.

But then Sega did rehash him from my Vacuum so ya know... Inevitable really. Bloody Sega.

Next Thursday is Hedgehog Day. I suspect you won't be waiting too long

Have they outright said there's going to be a trailer? Or is all this "there's going to be a trailer next Thursday!" stuff I've been hearing just speculation?

Like the new badniks! Glad they are original too. I like the design of the rhino, but the walrus is just okay, doesn't grab me all that much. The fact that they are original gives me hope for Sonic 4! They still have a lot to prove though.

Have they outright said there's going to be a trailer? Or is all this "there's going to be a trailer next Thursday!" stuff I've been hearing just speculation?

For now it's only speculation