Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

Have they outright said there's going to be a trailer? Or is all this "there's going to be a trailer next Thursday!" stuff I've been hearing just speculation?

They haven't said it outright, but I'd be really surprised if there wasn't one. It's the two year anniversary of the S4E1 announcement and it's a Thursday so it's perfect for SEGA.

Also, this was on the SEGA Forums about a week ago:

Uh-oh. I've heard this before... You haven't seen the game yet. You know, it might be great.

Oh well.

Hedgehog Day is Feb 2nd smile.png

Like the new badniks! Glad they are original too. I like the design of the rhino, but the walrus is just okay, doesn't grab me all that much.

Rhino & Walrus? You mean Boar, and Sea Lion right?

For now it's only speculation

LOL. Then somebody should stop them from spreading this speculation as if it's already 100% confirmed. I mean I'm not going to do it, but someone really should...

Fun Friday Challenge: Can anyone name another Badnik with four wheels? I think he might be the first.

Hanabii

Sonic_Advance_Badnik_Hanabii.png

There's also Koura in Advance 2, Bu Bu in Advance 3 and maybe some others else where. But yeah, it's far from common. I approve!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hanabii

Sonic_Advance_Badnik_Hanabii.png

Nice! Freakishly good memory......have 1 point

Im really starting to fucking hate the word "rehash"

Couldn't agree more, especially since the actual definition of rehash seems to have been lost somewhere along the way.

Edited by supersonikku
  • Thumbs Up 2

Im really starting to fucking hate the word "rehash"

Oh I'm sorry, looks like they do have some new badniks after all, my bad.

Got any gameplay footage of Ep.2 to proove it's not a rehash?

...no?

Okay.

Now THESE are some clever Badnik designs.biggrin.png

I know the Sealion is called Steelion, but I can't resist calling it Rotor, it's the purple color man,laugh.png Slap a hat on it and BOOM!

This makes me pumped to see what else their dishing out.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Lil'Boarbot is quite cute. With its nose sticking out~~. :3

Also why does Rotor/Steelion/Sea Lion/whatever you guys like to call it remind me of Megaman?

They look cool either way. =w=

Same could be said the other way around

Got any gameplay footage of Ep.2 to prove it's a rehash?

...no?

Okay.

Don't go there. You know it's a poor argument. E1 happened, so people are quite rightly basing their expectations off of that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Same could be said the other way around

Got any gameplay footage of Ep.2 to prove it's a rehash?

...no?

Okay.

The logo, the Aquatic Ruins pillars in the banner, Spikes name, Marble Garden Zone Wheel, Same stupid way of marketing, no proof leaning towards the fact it's not a rehash except three concept arts.

Oh you said gameplay? Silly man, Sega doesn't know what gameplay footage is.

...Unless if they really are doing Ep.1's marketing, they'll be pressured to show 3 seconds of gameplay next week.

Edited by Naked Dog

The logo, the Aquatic Ruins pillars in the banner, Spikes name, Marble Garden Zone Wheel, Same stupid way of marketing, no proof leaning towards the fact it's not a rehash except three concept arts.

Oh you said gameplay? Silly man, Sega doesn't know what gameplay footage is.

...Unless if they really are doing Ep.1's marketing, they'll be pressured to show 3 seconds of gameplay next week.

So we have 3 peices of artwork (one being concept art, the other being a logo and the final you can barely see) and a name for it being a rehash. Also the fact that Sega and are using the same marketing strategy.

For non-rehash we have 3 new badniks.

I can se why people don't want to get too excited due to Episode 1, I hope Sega/Dimps have learn't from their mistakes.

I shall judge this game, you know, when we have gameplay.

Edited by Rawrdom

Lol. Like Indigo Rush, I thought Blue Blood's post with the Episode 1 tree was Sega palming (no pun intended) us off with old content.

Fullboar looks too much like Rhinotank to me and it'll probably do the same attack. Steelion looks ok I guess. *Yawns and waits for some REAL news and gameplay footage*

Edited by Lungo

So we have 3 peices of artwork (one being concept art, the other being a logo and the final you can barely see) and a name for it being a rehash. Also the fact that Sega and are using the same marketing strategy.

For non-rehash we have 3 new badniks.

I can se why people don't want to get too excited due to Episode 1, I hope Sega/Dimps have learn't from their mistakes.

I shall judge this game, you know, when we have gameplay.

And... this is bad because? It's not like pillars aren't used like, in nearly every Sonic game or something. You may as well complain about palmtrees being in the opening level of most games.

???

Where did I ever say it was a bad thing? I was just pointing out that the Pillars look the same 'tis all.

So Fullboar and Steelion looks pretty awesome actually. :D

I'm wondering though, what'll be the differerence between the two colors on Fullboar? Where they just testing out different colors, or will there be two types?.. Maybe one is more aggresive, or has some kind of special ability?

So Fullboar and Steelion looks pretty awesome actually. biggrin.png

I'm wondering though, what'll be the differerence between the two colors on Fullboar? Where they just testing out different colors, or will there be two types?.. Maybe one is more aggresive, or has some kind of special ability?

Possibilities:
  • It's yellow, but goes red when it sees Sonic and charges.
  • The yellow one doesn't charge.
  • The red one charges faster.
  • It's like a Motobug, but once you hit it it'll turn red and rage after Sonic before exploding.
  • They're for different levels, like the Green and Red Orbinauts in S1.