Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

You forgot one:

Angelisland.png

But seriously, these badniks are pretty cool. Fullboar suggests a desert level, while Steelion suggests an arctic level.

And I'm pretty sure Episode II gameplay/screenshots will be revealed on Groundhog Day....I'm sure of it.

Wow, reading through all of this again, this is pretty sad.

All this debate is going on for an episode of a game thats not even out yet.

Im just gonna stop posting about it until its out.

Edited by TheDanimator

Just wanna make a comment on the whole rehash thing.

Orbinaut-2.pngBuzzbomber.png

Sonic 4: E1, yes, every badnik was ripped straight from the original and given some extra bolts and lines. Got it. But after seeing the chaos erupt over Spikes, I want to know if people actually want every single enemy in this game to be completely bran new? I mean, on the surface what I said seems really dumb. I mean, yeah, we all want originality, but is it so terrible to have some standard grunt enemies here and there? Like variations on Orbinaut, Buzzbomber, Crabmeat and Chopper?

I dunno, it just bugs me when some people cry "REHASH" at Spikes and Fullboar when, really, there have always been enemy designs that get recycled.

(Again, I know, Episode 1 IS a rehash festival, but aside from that...)

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

So you're expecting people not to talk about S4:E2 until it's out?

I dunno, it just bugs me when some people cry "REHASH" at Spikes and Fullboar when, really, there have always been enemy designs that get recycled.

I agree, but especially about Fullboar. The connection between Fullboar and badniks like Rhinobot just seems forced. I see virtually no resemblance between them. The animals they're based off of aren't even from the same family!

Fullboar and Rhinobot look about as similar as a wild boar and a rhinoceros do; that is to say "not at all" unless you're an alien visitor to this planet.

Edited by Spooky Mulder

Im just gonna stop posting about it until its out.

Please, just stop taking it all so seriously.

Just wanna make a comment on the whole rehash thing.

Orbinaut-2.pngBuzzbomber.png

Sonic 4: E1, yes, every badnik was ripped straight from the original and given some extra bolts and lines. Got it. But after seeing the chaos erupt over Spikes, I want to know if people actually want every single enemy in this game to be completely bran new? I mean, on the surface what I said seems really dumb. I mean, yeah, we all want originality, but is it so terrible to have some standard grunt enemies here and there? Like variations on Orbinaut, Buzzbomber, Crabmeat and Chopper?

(Again, I know, Episode 1 IS a rehash festival, but aside from that...)

Absolutely not! It's why I commented on Fullboar being another Rhinobot, but am completely not bothered by it. I don't think anyone is. I was worried about Spikes because of his somewhat similar appearance and identical name. It's like they weren't trying. But that fear has be quashed now to the point where I'm sure it's just daft coincidence. Some ideas can be reused, but there has to be a lot of new ones. More so than usual in the case of E2 because E1 was just REHASH-REHASH-REHASH. Right now my fears about rehashing are pretty low.

Please, just stop taking it all so seriously.

Absolutely not! It's why I commented on Fullboar being another Rhinobot, but am completely not bothered by it. I don't think anyone is. I was worried about Spikes because of his somewhat similar appearance and identical name. It's like they weren't trying. But that fear has be quashed now to the point where I'm sure it's just daft coincidence. Some ideas can be reused, but there has to be a lot of new ones. More so than usual in the case of E2 because E1 was just REHASH-REHASH-REHASH. Right now my fears about rehashing are pretty low.

not to get on your bad side.

But didn't Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles have different variants of catakiller? I agree with you though that new badnik need to and should be created

not to get on your bad side.

But didn't Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles have different variants of catakiller? I agree with you though that new badnik need to and should be created

And CD and Chaotix. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem is when all the enemies and damn near everything else is a rehash. E2 is looking alright that way the moment, though I'm still not too happy about the MGZ wheel.

And CD and Chaotix. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem is when all the enemies and damn near everything else is a rehash. E2 is looking alright that way the moment, though I'm still not too happy about the MGZ wheel.

Frankly I'm not happy with any reference to Marble Garden Zone, as its my most hated level of the sonic franchise.

I thought the Marble Garden wheel was one of those little, inconsequential things. You just briefly interact with it and then bam, you're done. I think even if the game ended up using it again, it wouldn't matter at all, since it wasn't the big part of the level.

Marble Garden's real gimmicks were the crumbling/altering level and that infuriating spinning top.

So what I'm vaguely gathering (not reading 4 pages of:) is a problem with Fullboar being a rehash of Rhinobot, =O? I mean I get it, and I bet Fullboar will dash at you and turn around and rinse and repeat like Rhinobot, but who the fuck cares. Rhinobot was a BA anyways, and this guy looks even more of a badass, >D.

I'm hoping that if Fullboar does act like Rhinobot with the ramming thing, Fullboar doesn't turn around and have a "O_O OH FUCK" face on like he can't do anything to stop you now, XDDD.

Haven't read the rest of the replies, but has anyone noticed that the two new Badniks look very similar to the bosses from the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

http://sonic.wikia.c...quaLakeBoss.png

http://images.wikia....mmickMtBoss.png

I actually also noticed it. These two looked a lot like the bosses from Sonic 2 GameGear.

Haven't read the rest of the replies, but has anyone noticed that the two new Badniks look very similar to the bosses from the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

Other than being the same species, I don't see any real simmilarities between Steelion and Mecha Sea Lion.

Lot's of pics:

En_ttl.png

180px-Turtloid.png

En_cap.png

Sa_egg_keeper.png

En_fly.png

200px-Balkiry.png

En_rhi.png

Sa_rhinotank.png

Su_enemy_5.jpg

Sa_spina.png

This is honestly the most obvious one. You could've went with Advance 2. That had quite a few original Badniks tongue.png

The logo, the Aquatic Ruins pillars in the banner, Spikes name, Marble Garden Zone Wheel, Same stupid way of marketing, no proof leaning towards the fact it's not a rehash except three concept arts.

Oh you said gameplay? Silly man, Sega doesn't know what gameplay footage is.

...Unless if they really are doing Ep.1's marketing, they'll be pressured to show 3 seconds of gameplay next week.

Bullshit arguments for the game.

It's an Ionic capital. Aquatic Ruin invented shit. The Capital has a different design and the pillar itself is thinner. It's also blue.

Fullboar, I slightly see, but Steelion? Definitely not.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 9

Wait...I'm confused. No one is seriously suggesting that Fullboar and Steelion are based on those Gamegear bosses, right? The whole point of rehashing stuff from older games in E1 was nostalgia. No one's going to get any nostalgic value out of two badniks that almost vaguely resemble obscure bosses from a relatively obscure game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...I'm confused. No one is seriously suggesting that Fullboar and Steelion are based on those Gamegear bosses, right? The whole point of rehashing stuff from older games in E1 was nostalgia. No one's going to get any nostalgic value out of two badniks that almost vaguely resemble obscure bosses from a relatively obscure game.

JezMM vaguely might.

But no, not seriously. These guys are original. Official art exists of the S2 bosses, and there's really no similarity beyond species. Check it- Mecha Ashika and Mecha Inobuta.

• Thumbs Up 2

I never said they were re-creating those bosses, I was simply drawing a link between the two games based on the fact that they are of the same species as previous bosses...which kind of implies a similarity, but never mind. Steelion looked the more reminiscient to me out of the two, ironically, for the record.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, I thought everyone was just joking about that, people were serious?

Bullshit arguments for the game.

Oh my god, I'm so tired of this argueing over nothing, I'm jsut gonna say one thing and then nothing more till gameplay,

How is the logo( a blatent copy of Sonic 2's logo, the same way Ep.1 did it,), and the fact that they're doing the exact same way of horrible marketing, suggesting nothing was learned from Ep.1, a bullshit arguement?

I'm not saying this game is gonna be a rehash, I'm not saying this game is gonna suck, I've never said any of those things before, nor have I ever thought of those before.

I'm just pointing out some stuff, saying that Dimps hasn't learned from thier previous mistakes, and need to get them fixed, so they can make a good quality 2D game.

I love you Sega, but calling this Sonic 4 was one of the dumbest fucking things you have ever done in the past ten years.

Just had a think about Steelion. How would you guys feel about a section of the possible ice level where you get on a snowmobile and go across ice and snow where the Steelion badniks burst through the ice as your driving along. You'd be able to take various shortcuts to give yourself a breather eg Jumping from the peak of a hill to land on a suspended section of platform about the ice. Also you have the ability to slow down and stop but if you stop on ice for too long you'll fall right through which could then lead into an underwater section.
Edited by liamc5232
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just had a think about Steelion. How would you guys feel about a section of the possible ice level where you get on a snowmobile and go across ice and snow where the Steelion badniks burst through the ice as your driving along. You'd be able to take various shortcuts to give yourself a breather eg Jumping from the peak of a hill to land on a suspended section of platform about the ice. Also you have the ability to slow down and stop but if you stop on ice for too long you'll fall right through which could then lead into an underwater section.

Something like that could happen, considering that there have been in-level vehicle segments in a lot of Dimps games - Rush Adventure had minecarts and snowboards (or something like that), Episode 1 of course also had the minecart, there was that rollercoaster business in Colours. With that said, given the generally poor reception for such segments, I imagine they'd probably play it a bit safer.

I love you Sega, but calling this [game] Sonic 4 was one of the dumbest fucking things you have ever done in the past ten years.

QFT.

/5char