Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

I will remain skeptical about the game as a whole until we see it, but it's at least nice to see original thought. That's already more than I can say about Episode 1, so even if we can't write off our concerns, I think we've got some stuff to be positive about.

• Thumbs Up 1

All we need are badniks that give off this vibe.

Sonic-CD-Desert-Dazzle.png

Then the numbers 32 and 8 would suddenly make sense.

Fullboar looks like an enemy that could appear in a desert level.

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes? You really took your time with E1.

Lets say he spent 2 minutes on half the levels 3 minutes on the other half of the levels

3 minutes total on all the bosses minus the final zone

4 minutes on the final zone

and 1 minute for each emerald challenge

Thats about 43 minutes.

Saying 45 minutes really isnt "taking your time"

Its playing the game in the time the average person would probably play it in if they have already beaten it.

It would probably take at least an hour for any average person to beat the game with all the emeralds on their first playthrough.

To me it honestly seems like your purposely fishing for ways to bag on episode 1 and other people with statements like that.

Im not accusing you of anything and I dont want to get into a debate about it because im not sure, thats just what this comment seems like to me.

Edited by TheDanimator

Lets say he spent 2 minutes on half the levels 3 minutes on the other half of the levels

3 minutes total on all the bosses minus the final zone

4 minutes on the final zone

and 1 minute for each emerald challenge

Thats about 43 minutes.

Saying 45 minutes really isnt "taking your time"

Its playing the game in the time the average person would probably play it in if they have already beaten it.

It would probably take at least an hour for any average person to beat the game with all the emeralds on their first playthrough.

To me it honestly seems like your purposely fishing for ways to bag on episode 1 and other people with statements like that.

Im not accusing you of anything and I dont want to get into a debate about it because im not sure, thats just what this comment seems like to me.

Oh my fucking God, could you take that harmless joke any more seriously? Shit, dude!

Episode 1 was a very short game. I was poking fun at that. It was sarcasm. Obviously so, and that's why nobody else bothered to make a fuss out of it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9

I wouldn't say anything until we see gameplay proving everything has been improved.

I really should have said

Most likely.

Sega has already said they have an improved graphics and physics engine and there is going to be original levels (I read this somewhere if im not mistaken) In episode 2.

So its either they are totally lying or they are telling the truth.

It would be pretty dumb to just lie about this. Thats why im not too concerned.

Mr. and Mrs. Boar go on vacation:

tjiV2.png

Makes me think that Desert Dassle Zone may have been shifted onto S4:E2 after the HD port of SCD.

I really should have said

Most likely.

Sega has already said they have an improved graphics and physics engine and there is going to be original levels (I read this somewhere if im not mistaken) In episode 2.

So its either they are totally lying or they are telling the truth.

It would be pretty dumb to just lie about this. Thats why im not too concerned.

They said that Sonic 4 would play like the classics be good.

Edited by Neon

Oh my fucking God, could you take that harmless joke any more seriously? Shit, dude!

Episode 1 was a very short game. I was poking fun at that. It was sarcasm. Obviously so, and that's why nobody else bothered to make a fuss out of it.

Considering I know nothing about your humor style and this is through typing only. I dont think it was that crazy to think you were not completely joking with that statement.

Edited by TheDanimator

I've been waiting years to see new badniks that would fit alongside the classics again, and the wait is finally over. I love 'em!

Now we just need to see some new levels!

• Thumbs Up 2

If this game is designed like SCD, it's pretty much the one kind of rehash I'd actually be happy about. Provided they don't just C&P all the CD mechanics, cause that would be just as bad as E1 in relation to S1/S2. Time travel and alternate futures along with huge sprawling levels would be a a massive improvement over the shallow laziness of E1.

Have you forgotten that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald? Seriously, fuck those bumpers and fuck the regular walls being bouncy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SQB2wYCQQ

Edited by TheDanimator

I love how every thread about Sonic 4 always manages to turn into

"THIS GAME IS GONNA BE GREAT"

"NO, DAWG, IT'S STILL SHIT"

"NO, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING"

I know there may not be THAT much to discuss, but this thread was about concept art, wasn't it?

• Thumbs Up 4

From Retro

>Sonic jumps on seal badnik

>It catches him on its nose, bounces him around then repels him

>Killing it requires rolling into it

Platforming element? Might be cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love how every thread about Sonic 4 always manages to turn into

"THIS GAME IS GONNA BE GREAT"

"NO, DAWG, IT'S STILL SHIT"

"NO, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING"

I know there may not be THAT much to discuss, but this thread was about concept art, wasn't it?

Edited by Neon

Even after today, I still think "Spikes" could use a different name.

"Oh no. Look out for Spikes!"

What if "Crawl" was called "Spring" or "Bumper"?

• Thumbs Up 2

And I'd still disagree. A few decent robot designs does not do much to prove the rest of the game will be done well, and this would hardly be the first time a game failed to live up to their promises.

Or what they consider "improved" is still not good enough.

You are very naive.

I NEVER SAID a few decent robot designs will prove the rest of the game will be well done. You are putting words into my mouth.

I also said im not too concerned.

Does this mean I am not concerned at all? Hell no. Im just not stressing about it because of whats already been said about the game.

After everything that was done for Sonic's 20th anniversary, im really trying hard to trust Sonic Team/Sega. Its pretty obvious to me that they have really made an effort.

"and this would hardly be the first time a game failed to live up to their promises."

The world isnt perfect. I am aware of this.

"You are very naive."

For one thing, a single statement isnt generally enough to prove someone is a naive person as a whole.

Im assuming you mean that Im being naive about Sonic 4.

In this case...

Am I really?

Maybe we will have to wait and see.

This is the Team that recently brought us colors and generations. (besides dimps who has arguably brought us good and bad games)

I dont think its so crazy to assume they can bring us something else that doesnt suck.

Trust me though, I am also very aware that this is the same team that brought us 06. (excluding dimps)

(Although i could swear i read somewhere that a bunch of people were fired from sonic team or sega or whatever and replaced in the last couple years or so.)

So maybe its only partially the same team...whatever, you get it.

Edited by TheDanimator

I NEVER SAID a few decent robot designs will prove the rest of the game will be well done. You are putting words into my mouth.
Christ, are you going to throw a fit every time someone disagrees with you? All I'm saying there is that I don't think what they've said and shown is anywhere near enough to trust them.

In this case...

Am I really?

Yes.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Christ, are you going to throw a fit every time someone disagrees with you? All I'm saying there is that I don't think what they've said and shown is anywhere near enough to trust them.

Yes.

Yes, I love throwing fits.

Currently i am rolling around on the floor crying. Im serious.

Theres a difference between "throwing a fit" and sticking up for your point of view.

and as for your "yes" statement.

Wow... just wow.

The games not even freeking out yet.

Your acting like I am completely assuming its not going to suck.

All I am doing is having hope that sega/sonic team are not lying.

Thats it.

Edited by TheDanimator

So.... the 6th generation of Pokemon is finally here xD.

Nice badniks]]. I especially like that seal badnik Dewg... I mean, Steelion.

• Thumbs Up 1