Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

I would like level concept art, like Generations and Unleashed had. The tree is more of a level object concept art I think. But I wouldn't expect that. Especially before we have a trailer that shows a level.

Remind me: how was concept art handled last time? I could have sworn that it wasn't a "two pieces every friday" sort of thing. It was more like SoA posting art at random times. Maybe I'm wrong... my mind is getting old.

The latter I believe.

Remind me: how was concept art handled last time? I could have sworn that it wasn't a "two pieces every friday" sort of thing. It was more like SoA posting art at random times. Maybe I'm wrong... my mind is getting old.

Well in that case that makes us 2 cause that's what i remember too. xD

I might as well take a shot at this.

I imagine they'll show us another 2-3 concept arts.

1) Something trope based like Blue posted the tree.

2) Another badnik

3) same image without color or another trope based concept art.

It'll definitely be 3 pieces. Kateburning already said that. Two on the blogs and one on Faebook. Though, I assume one of them will be an uncolored version of the other.

We'll be doing concept art releases every Friday. There will be two images on the blog and one image on Facebook. smile.png

I don't actually know who this is. unsure.png It's not Kelly is it?

Edited by MarcelloF

I'd be okay if this guy returned:

W5g3w.png

I just hope if you stand still long enough and look into his eyes, a black hole will appear and then an automatic Game Over.

I just hope if you stand still long enough and look into his eyes, a black hole will appear and then an automatic Game Over.

>*Deep Voice*

>LOOK INTO MY EYES...

>HYPER COMBO K.O

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 3

So what are the times these concept pieces are released? or was there any time given?

Since they're on West Coast time, I doubt they've even rolled into work yet. Looks like they posted last weeks at 9:40 am their time, so probably in three hours?

Though given past history, I'll bet they'll leave us waiting until late afternoon. I'm lowering my expectations to 4pm their time so I don't get all hyped for the next 8 hours.

Cause that went down so well before...

4325475153_3e2637fd1a.jpg

OH GOOD GRIEF

Why don't you pop a balloon behind my head while I'm working with scissors, you nearly gave me a heart-attack with that post!

*HEAVY SIGH*

I need coffee.

• Thumbs Up 6

OH GOOD GRIEF

Why don't you pop a balloon behind my head while I'm working with scissors, you nearly gave me a heart-attack with that post!

*HEAVY SIGH*

I need coffee.

W-what did I do? :(

W-what did I do? sad.png

He thought it was the new concept art.

Pretty much this. First thing I saw when I opened the topic was that tree and I'm all "AARRGGHH! REALLY, SEGA?!"

Indigo is afraid of trees.

Especially on my roof.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'd actually love to see more items and background elements becoming enemies. Like the sub-boss animal capsule in Flying Battery and Spiker.

We've seen enemies with springs on their backs, perhaps an evil spring? Name him... Spring

... What the heck is this supposed to be?

http://info.sonicretro.org/Mecha_Hiyoko

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

... What the heck is this supposed to be?

A badass with nothing left to lose, lost like a void in the abyss trap-ridden world known as Aqua Planet. PROTECT THE MOTHERSHIP. ALL LIFELESS PENGUIN ROBOTS, GO-GO. SUICIDE PENGUIN RUN THEN EXPLODE.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 4: Episode 2 innovating as you truly imagined it.

Wait, I've got a better idea xD. They make anything cooler!

q58dngap.jpg

G.U.N. Truck approves.

• Thumbs Up 8

This whole concept art Fridays thing is so dumb, the slow nature of the game's marketing leads me to believe it's going to be another 4 level, 45 minute long romp. Not too excited at this point.

• Thumbs Up 7

This whole concept art Fridays thing is so dumb, the slow nature of the game's marketing leads me to believe it's going to be another 4 level, 45 minute long romp. Not too excited at this point.

45 minutes? You really took your time with E1.

I'm curious and looking forward to these reveals far more than I should do, but I don't think any Sonic game has ever interested me as much as E2. There's never been so much riding on a single instalment in the series.

I still think the game is going to be designed like Sonic CD.

So in that regard, I am betting they put in optional content to expand the length of the game. I also am betting they are going to make a larger emphasis on exploration. After all, why add Tails if there's going to be no use for his flying, for example? My point being, I am betting this game will be larger and more explorable and probably include optional content like the projects or badnik generators from Sonic CD.

Well, getting some of the chaos emeralds is pretty hard.

The 7th one was an utter bitch to get...other than that, the rest weren't so bad.